Madonna / Klein / Gaga

Apples388

I find that dynamic so... interesting.

He's clearly close to both of them and continues to work with both of them. Obviously Madonna started working with him before Gaga was on the scene but I find the whole "Alejandro" thing so fascinating. For him to be at the helm of such a blatant "Vogue" rip-off and yet to remain in Madonna's (and Gaga's) inner circle subsequently is quite something. It's just all so... bizarre, isn't it? Showbiz is a mindfuck!

You know I actually like the Alejandro video. It's the ONLY thing by that woman I do like but then again it's 5 (attempted) Madonna videos in one so it should'nt be so much of a surprise that a Madonna fan would like it.

Her dancing is ATROCIOUS in it though.

I don't really know what to make of it. I suppose Klein doesn't feel the need to choose a side, nor does she, the Madonna, feel the need to stop working with him.

I never could comprehend why Klein would do such a Madonna-inspiried video for her, when she, the gags, acted like she didn't understand what everyone was talking about.

All that ever comes to my mind from the situation, is the infamous tweet from mybestfriendingridcaseras: "As my friend Madonna says, 'is that the video where she thinks she is me?'

I love that video. I remember M fans complaining about it, but that was probably Gaga's peak IMO. Yes, it ripped off "Express Yourself" and "Vogue," but I think it was supposed to be an intentional homage - has she ever talked about that? I don't remember her citing any other influences for or denying the Madonna connection. Anyway, it's a shame Klein has never directed a Madonna video (at least a non-tour video).

You know I actually like the Alejandro video. It's the ONLY thing by that woman I do like but then again it's 5 (attempted) Madonna videos in one so it should'nt be so much of a surprise that a Madonna fan would like it.

Her dancing is ATROCIOUS in it though.

What is it that you find LIKEABLE? :manson: The Madonna inspiration?

The video is so hard to get through.

With:

A) it's like 8 fucking minute longs

B) The Michael Jackson esqe military stomping, what the fuck is she? Some kind of grand politcal leader? Gurl pu'leaze. I really did think at the time that her next stunt was to float a statue of herself down the Thames.

01_zps693668c3.png

C) It's a glorified Steven Klein photoshoot. Like we haven't seen scantily clad good looking men before holding guns in front of their crotch. And she places herself in the middle as if she's the old fag hag? Give it up Joanne.

02_zps3e1fa181.png

D) It proves just how ugly and atrocious gags is. There is zero ounce of beauty on this creature. Does she not know how to apply makeup? Does she not have a stylist?

My god she is fucking ugly to look at. yuck,

04_zps9dbf2f58.png

E) The hand in front the face shit. I can't fucking stand it. Find something new to do. Just how many times does she have to????

05_zpsf44cf5e3.png

F) The blatant Vogue rip-off. I honestly have no problem when a lesser takes things from Madonna's work. It can be cool. But this moment in the video is just so fucking random. The first half you go all german and catholic swallowing rosaries and shit, and then all of sudden you switch to black and white footage, where an all black pant suite, with, most importantly, A HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR GLOW ON THE VIDEO. It's just so random and out of place.

06_zps8d03029b.png

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't know what to make of it either. Even Ingrid was critical of the video. I bet M prob just shook her head and moved on.

Maybe he actually likes them both? Inez + Vinoodh have worked with Gags countless times but still posted about how much they love ROL and their photoshoot for Spin. And people like Marc Jacobs and Donatella like them both...

The video is so hard to get through.

With:

A) it's like 8 fucking minute longs

B) The Michael Jackson esqe military stomping, what the fuck is she? Some kind of grand politcal leader? Gurl pu'leaze. I really did think at the time that her next stunt was to float a statue of herself down the Thames.

01_zps693668c3.png

C) It's a glorified Steven Klein photoshoot. Like we haven't seen scantily clad good looking men before holding guns in front of their crotch. And she places herself in the middle as if she's the old fag hag? Give it up Joanne.

02_zps3e1fa181.png

D) It proves just how ugly and atrocious gags is. There is zero ounce of beauty on this creature. Does she not know how to apply makeup? Does she not have a stylist?

My god she is fucking ugly to look at. yuck,

04_zps9dbf2f58.png

E) The hand in front the face shit. I can't fucking stand it. Find something new to do. Just how many times does she have to????

05_zpsf44cf5e3.png

F) The blatant Vogue rip-off. I honestly have no problem when a lesser takes things from Madonna's work. It can be cool. But this moment in the video is just so fucking random. The first half you go all german and catholic swallowing rosaries and shit, and then all of sudden you switch to black and white footage, where an all black pant suite, with, most importantly, A HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR GLOW ON THE VIDEO. It's just so random and out of place.

06_zps8d03029b.png

Yes. That's it and only it. The fact that it's Madonnaesque. Reductive Madonna naturally but the Klein influence is there and I like Klein as a rule. It's got nothing to do w/ gaga or what she's (laughably) doing. Dancing is AWFUL, esp the whole Vogue wannabe part.

Of course we've seen scantily clad men holding guns before. Like I said, it's 5 Madonna vids in one. We've seen it ALL before.

Well the hand in front of face is straight out of Like A Prayer and I like Like A Prayer, so. She's also wearing what I perceive to be a dress inspired by M's Beast Within (Klein), which I also adore. The fact that something is not new doesn't necessarily influence whether I like it or not. See, I don't hate gaga because she copied Madonna (bitches been doing that for YEARS). I hate her, merely one reason anyway, because she tried to get away w/ it and claim it as her own AND motherfuckers (little idiots) were believing her. Uh-uh bitch.

Agreed 100%. It IS random. She was trying to cram 5 M videos in one, impatient bitch too stupid to stretch things out. She's gotta have it all NOW. It is horrible. Her "dancing" in this part is positively laughable.

Perhaps "like" this video was too strong of a word. I don't like it. I like the subconscious aspects of it that are clearly Madonna (and Klein). It's the dark Madonna I like about it, not desperate gaga. I do like the whole Winter German Army Empress thing going on at the beginning but that's Klein's work, not gaga.

Final word on Alejandro: There's a funeral at the beginning right? Was she trying to say M's dead and she's taking her place. That's what I always read into it, that is was M's funeral.

money is money...or to him, maybe he feels that art is art no matter the creative outlet...when i see his work with gags, i see him mostly...when i see his work with madonna, i see her more....sometimes i see madonna in his work with gags, but never M's work with him in gags, u know what i mean. lol

It really does feel like it's a collaboration with Madonna. With Gaga, Klein just applied not only his collaborative work with Madonna, but ripped off work that Madonna had done with previous directors (namely, David Fincher.)

i hope last time she worked with him passed on mdna tour....it was nice for dvd and bye...

i dont even like his work anymore. it is overcontrasted, overexposed and repitive....same like WO....it was good and now we need something fresh and new and that is not SK

looking at the images of alejandro i have second hand embarrassment for Gagy. the copying is so obvious, so transparant.. she really expected madonna, her fans, or anyone with a little bit of knowledge in pop music wouldn't notice?

and yes the klein thing is interesting.. they (Gagy and Klein, M and Klein) can't possibly have NOT talked about it at some point. however I think Madonna doesn't really care that much while Gag is probably just being sweet and kissing Klein's ass a lot. maybe he thinks it's cute.

It almost smells like sabotage when these Madonna collaborators work with Joanne. The Alejandro video is SO cringe :lmao:

And Mert and Marcus doing this with Madonna :wow:

madonna1.jpg

Then turning around and doing this :lmao:

lady-gaga-september-issue-2012-vogue.jpg

She don't love herself :rotfl:

i hope last time she worked with him passed on mdna tour....it was nice for dvd and bye...

i dont even like his work anymore. it is overcontrasted, overexposed and repitive....same like WO....it was good and now we need something fresh and new and that is not SK

huh?

Guest Pud Whacker

I find that dynamic so... interesting.

He's clearly close to both of them and continues to work with both of them. Obviously Madonna started working with him before Gaga was on the scene but I find the whole "Alejandro" thing so fascinating. For him to be at the helm of such a blatant "Vogue" rip-off and yet to remain in Madonna's (and Gaga's) inner circle subsequently is quite something. It's just all so... bizarre, isn't it? Showbiz is a mindfuck!

its very simple: the pork pot pays his astronomical fee so he can do what he really wants with brad pitt and madonna.

Guest SecretGarden

I find Klein to be completely repetitive in his artistic work, and I also feel he'll work with anyone for a quick buck, but whatever, there isn't anything intrinsically wrong with that. Now, I think the imagery in Alejandro was probably both Klein and Gaga having their 'Madonna' moments, Klein probably sought inspiration from Vogue, Express Yourself, Justify My Love etc. While Gaga probably did the same. They probably hand a meeting beforehand and said 'Let's copy these old Madonna videos but take it to a whole new level'. They failed miserably, in my view the video was a bloated mess with very little meaning.

When two people whose biggest artistic inspiration is Madonna work on something together, then undoubtedly it'll be heavily Madonna inspired.

Just my personal theory, but I think that video in particular started the bad blood between Madonna and Gaga (didn't Ingrid tweet something about Madonna making a catty comment about the video?), with Born This Way bringing even more tensions between them. I don't think Madonna takes their feud very seriously, but Gaga seems pretty....err, perturbed, by Madonna's comments.

Guest bluejean

This is just a theory that popped into my head but maybe he deliberately did a Madonna copy cat video to sabotage her? Madonna is a very powerful woman afterall, regardless of the crap the media talks about her I'm sure she can pull alot of strings behind the scenes in the entertainment biz to ruin anyone's career if she chooses.

Don't fuck with The Madonna!

It almost smells like sabotage when these Madonna collaborators work with Joanne. The Alejandro video is SO cringe :lmao:

And Mert and Marcus doing this with Madonna :wow:

madonna1.jpg

Then turning around and doing this :lmao:

lady-gaga-september-issue-2012-vogue.jpg

She don't love herself :rotfl:

This is just a theory that popped into my head but maybe he deliberately did a Madonna copy cat video to sabotage her? Madonna is a very powerful woman afterall, regardless of the crap the media talks about her I'm sure she can pull alot of strings behind the scenes in the entertainment biz to ruin anyone's career if she chooses.

Don't fuck with The Madonna!

I think so too :lmao::lmao:

I don't think Madonna would care. EY and V videos are 20 years old. Madonna doesn't look back. I wouldn't be surprised if Caca or Klein ran the idea past Madonna first. I imagine she would have said 'whatever, go for it' and later just chuckled to herself when she actually saw it.

Guest bluejean

It was tragic. I can't even remember in detail but I seem to recall some gross Marilyn Manson style scene with gross "men" slithering all over her on dirty sheets. When Madonna does this stuff she's sexy (Even when "old.) Gaga does it and she's freaky.

Looking at those above pics I don't know if it's so much about the collaborators and more the taste of the performer. Madonna has good taste. Even the skankiest Erotica/Sex book moments had an artistic edge to it that made it classic. Then Gaga gets tied up showing her HOLE and Sloane "immediately thinks and smells assHOLE."