Hollywood Scandals: Madonna

Did anyone catch this trashy show on the "Reelz" channel? It just came on tonight and I caught the last 10 mins when they were talking about the Malawi adoption.

Some idiot reporter at the end said that you can't take a woman Madonna's age who wears grillz seriously. Then she went onto say that the main issue with Madonna is that she won't "accept her evolution" which is a nice way of saying she needs to accept her age.

She said the missing part of the puzzle where Madonna is concerned is that she is always "on" and you never know the real her. Do you guys honestly feel that Madonna is always "on"? I've never found her to be fake or phoney. Maybe she can come across cold at times to some (I think it's a defense mechanism) but fake? Never.

The stupid woman said people are too afraid to confront Madonna and make her reveal her true self....whatever

I'm sorry. I am not trolling or trying to be unnecessarily negative but I was pretty pissed off watching this.

The stupid cow doesn't get Madonna at all. She is simply jealous that Madonna won't cave into society and the limits they put on women in terms of sexuality and age.

The stupid cow doesn't get Madonna at all. She is simply jealous that Madonna won't cave into society and the limits they put on women in terms of sexuality and age.

This basically sums up everything society takes issue with when it comes to Madonna, especially now. She won't live by their limits.

I agree guys. I just find it frustrating.

I sometimes frequent urban sites/blogs and I am tired of them always calling her old and saying she needs to act her age. I have defended M many times on those sites. Some of them are just so ignorant and downright stupid. This program I watched tonight just annoyed me.

I like that Madonna doesn't mind pushing boundaries and making people uncomfortable personally.

Actually it's sad that a woman Madonna's age who is comfortable with her sexuality ISN'T considered the norm. Meanwhile men can be as perverse or sexual as they want to be at any age and don't get any shit for it.

To conform would be to go against everything Madonna stands for.

I hope M always stays true to herself. It's one of the reasons I love her.

I see Beyonce as someone who is always "on"...

In a way, I get that vibe too.

I sometimes frequent urban sites/blogs and I am tired of them always calling her old and saying she needs to act her age. I have defended M many times on those sites. Some of them are just so ignorant and downright stupid. This program I watched tonight just annoyed me.

What these types fail to realize is that their precious favorites, like Beyonce, are going to be that age too...and probably are going to get the same shit (unless they cave to society). What are they going to do then...say the same shit?

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

I see Beyonce as someone who is always "on"...i don't see Madonna being that way at all

She is, but that's part of her pageant queen appeal.

As for this FLOP special, when is it airing again? I have to watch it; I enjoy negative-sided Madonna-related media. As a fan, I feel it is my duty to see what her haters are saying, no matter how misinformed and ignorant. Plus, I love a good laugh :popcorn2:

It's airing now, but it won't air again until Sunday at 2 PM Eastern. Surprisingly, most of the negative comments came from Madonna's first manager, Camille Paglia, at the very end.

In a way, I get that vibe too.

What these types fail to realize is that their precious favorites, like Beyonce, are going to be that age too...and probably are going to get the same shit (unless they cave to society). What are they going to do then...say the same shit?

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Yep. Exactly. Look what happened to Mariah Carey. Her lambs called Madonna old (what a stupid insult btw) and a hag for years. Now Mariah isn't so young anymore and can't sell for shit. Radio won't touch her these days and she's experiencing how ageist and sexist the industry can be.

Karma for her dumb fans. Mariah too since she made that shady comment years ago about Madonna not being popular anymore.

Either way, Madonna always has the last laugh.

Strawberry Bounce, I totally get what you are saying. Negative and hateful commentary about Madonna has been rife since she became a superstar. It used to be that she was a "slut, bad influence, non-talent" etc and then a "cold hearted bitch and humourless" Stupid, because Madonna has one of the best senses of humour of any celebrity.

Now, it seems her age is always commented on. I know a lot of people here love Joan Rivers but I am so sick of her making bitchy remarks about Madonna's age in every bloody episode of Fashion Police. Why do people think that getting older is such a disgusting thing when it it something that happens to everyone. I also hate it when they continually compare her to other female stars and make out that the others are so much better or inspiring. Have noticed that in my entire time as a fan of Madonna and why I threw out a lot of the cuttings on scrapbooks I kept of her. So many nasty articles - was easily more negative than positive. It is no wonder Madonna does not read stuff about herself. Her adoption of David and Mercy were wonderful things and why people try to make them negative is beyond me. Ditto with her staying true to herself, no matter what age she is.

It's airing now, but it won't air again until Sunday at 2 PM Eastern. Surprisingly, most of the negative comments came from Madonna's first manager, Camille Paglia, at the very end.

Uh, Camille Paglia is a very famous writer and social critic.

Yeah, Paglia is a critic who was very outspoken about how amazing Madonna was until a few years ago. She was shady when the Superbowl was on, but it there was still respect there. She's part of the "Madonna isn't as great as she used to be" school rather than "Madonna is a trampy whore and always has been" one.

I believe that in reality Madonna is warm and compassionate person, very emotional... I believe she guards this side of her personality because she wants to push another image (but it was shown in the Oprah 2003 interview for example with the family of the kid that died of cancer and her involvement in Malawi, Detroit etc.). I also believe she has underwent a big growing up under public eye and has been a brat at times (around Truth or Dare and mainly as she was unhappy).

Since WHEN saving a child who's critically ill by adopting them is considered "Scandal"?! :manson:

What kind of tasteless show was that?

M will not be fake as someone who suck up to her fans by inviting them to share her bed and pretend she will die for them.

hmm this could be part of that horrible french "doc" about madonna. i think it's named "the brand madonna" or something. there was also an interview with Camille and i remember she wasn't being nice. at all. they even showed a clip of M and her family going to an airplane, obviously being unaware they were being filmed, and they completely analysed it and said madonna basically "directs" every single move and detail about even their walk to a fucking vehicle. there's being critical and then there's being completely delusional. one would think they were a bunch of flea_dip madonna haters making the doc.

was this shown on UK tv? cuz they've been so against her adoption from the start. also making the ultimate anti madonna-shes a kidnapper to get good press-kind of documentaries.

Its always baffled to me why there is so much hate out there for M.. I have to put it down to bitterness, resentment and jealousy on the part of those who go beyond a professional critique, and load both barrels at trying to rubbish her time after time.....

I always refer back to the lyric in "How High" " It`s funny, how everybody mentions my name, but they`re never very nice"

It must hurt to be constantly derided and trashed after so many years of proving yourself countless times.....One of the attributes I admire most about her, is her ability and tenacity to use the negative stuff as fuel to keep charging forward and pushing on to new heights, both personally and professionally.

I cant think of a single person who has been such a target, and for so long, for the " lets take her down" Brigade.... Most would have been demoralised and probably ended up on the scrap heap with substance abuse and psychological impairments... But not M.. Always the fighter, always the sustainer, and always the survivor.. Respect for that always.......!

Edited by bumholegeorge

I think what makes people mad and gives them room for all kinds of assumptions is that Madonna is indeed one of the last stars of the Old Hollywood if you will. Those kind of stars you believe to know everything about when infact you know nothing. On a personal level. The public persona is a different thing. But she is shielding her private life in a way that no one really knows (except for her friends and family) who she really is. So people easily mix that up. In result she appears to be "on" all the time, she appears to be a cold hearted bitch, is unapproachable (which certainly qualifies as a major crime in times of social media when people want full access to everything and everyone). But if this it what keeps her a sane person with an open mind on things so be it. I bet there are many people who don't want to miss her as a constant in their lifes even if that includes the public figure only. And in her case that is entertaining and challenging enough.

Furthermore: Is is possible that people don't get the concept of a "star" anymore? A star is something very far away, something you can reach for but something you can never touch. If this simple definition apllies, Madonna is the embodiment of what a star is. Period.

Guest Rachelle of London

Urban sites and blogs are the most kind to Madonna though. I've seen many instances where she's being blown to shreds on TMZ etc but being praised on urban news outlets. Especially over her age. That I will disagree with

^ True Ive noticed the same thing.

Whats messed up though is how Madonna gets criticized for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Its fucking ridiculous!

Its like, "can you believe Madonna breathed, shes DESPERATE to be relevant"!

Fucking absurd

was this shown on UK tv? cuz they've been so against her adoption from the start. also making the ultimate anti madonna-shes a kidnapper to get good press-kind of documentaries.

Untrue. What documentaries? The US media, in this instance, was a million times worse.

^ True Ive noticed the same thing.

Whats messed up though is how Madonna gets criticized for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Its fucking ridiculous!

Its like, "can you believe Madonna breathed, shes DESPERATE to be relevant"!

Fucking absurd

That's something i noticed too. She gets criticized for the littlest things, for things others celebrities would get a free pass any day. It's so pathetically biased.

Guest Rachelle of London

Untrue. What documentaries? The US media, in this instance, was a million times worse.

I agree. Madonna even got the opportunity to speak about the adoption on the BBC.

they even showed a clip of M and her family going to an airplane, obviously being unaware they were being filmed, and they completely analysed it and said madonna basically "directs" every single move and detail about even their walk to a fucking vehicle. there's being critical and then there's being completely delusional. one would think they were a bunch of flea_dip madonna haters making the doc.

I know, It was so over the top :rotfl: ridiculous, I just flipped the channel. In the old days I would have watched...but I just couldn't with this.

I think what makes people mad and gives them room for all kinds of assumptions is that Madonna is indeed one of the last stars of the Old Hollywood if you will. Those kind of stars you believe to know everything about when infact you know nothing. On a personal level. The public persona is a different thing. But she is shielding her private life in a way that no one really knows (except for her friends and family) who she really is. So people easily mix that up. In result she appears to be "on" all the time, she appears to be a cold hearted bitch, is unapproachable (which certainly qualifies as a major crime in times of social media when people want full access to everything and everyone). But if this it what keeps her a sane person with an open mind on things so be it. I bet there are many people who don't want to miss her as a constant in their lifes even if that includes the public figure only. And in her case that is entertaining and challenging enough.

Furthermore: Is is possible that people don't get the concept of a "star" anymore? A star is something very far away, something you can reach for but something you can never touch. If this simple definition apllies, Madonna is the embodiment of what a star is. Period.

This is the most intelligent comment I've read on here. that was so brilliantly and thoughtfully written. I agree with you completely, although I do have to say, regardless of her age, the grillz are a horrible look for her. In any event. I agree with what you said about old hollywood an dI do think madonna is closer to that than the "stars" of today that tweet every stupid little thing. I like that mystery surrounding her. She is trying to adapt with the instagram and selfies, but she is also keeping the msytery. For example we've really own seen her bathroom and a a lttle bit of a sitting room. I'm dying to see her new NYC townhouse, every room.

Brilliant post!

Why does someone always have to be "revealing their true self" lol fuck off..

And as far as that Camille first manager woman (incidentally my stepmother is also named Camille and she's a bitch too) she's still upset M dumped her. Jesus Christ, the guy Ringo replaced just b4 The Beatles blew up took it better than than her.