Slanderers of the Throne

Guest whatatramp

I could be in the minority here but the fact that Madonna treats people with respect who have unfairly trashed her is classy. She rises above the hatred and does not dwell on it. This has always been Elton's problem and the fact that she is not nasty to him back, only shows how petty he has been.

agree! the lady has class

I could be in the minority here but the fact that Madonna treats people with respect who have unfairly trashed her is classy. She rises above the hatred and does not dwell on it. This has always been Elton's problem and the fact that she is not nasty to him back, only shows how petty he has been.

you are right, once again.

I find it astounding that the likes of Rufus and Jake shears can get it so wrong about her - and to also believe Kylie is like some beacon for gays - WTF?!?!?! Does that mean they associate being gay with being generic, mindless, frivolous, pointless & camp? If so then they aren't the kind of gay spokespeople i want representing the gay community.

I do find it funny that they all say similar things about her - that she is in some way dark and subversive. Could that be because she won't be a puppet for the gay community, and always follows her own path, that they feel like they can't relate or accept her, because they can't own her?

I always think about those great quotes that Christopher Flynn said about her in that BBC documentary. Im paraphrasing here, but it was on the lines of - "what fun she was.....always that, and its the kind i like as it doest deny seriousness, or responsibility or classicism - things that the love of what we were doing was all about".

That for me pretty much sums her up - and i think people either get that or don't - those that don't come out with the kind of shit we hear spouted by the likes of Rufus.

But you see that's exactly the point :lol:

Rufus and Jake are generic, mindless, frivolous, pointless and camp. Madonna and the huge success she doesn't own to a factory or an important man are a threat to that. Kylie isn't and never was a threat to anyone. She's happy to smile and say "awwww how cute", without ever telling anything about herself or what she thinks about anything ............ *giggle giggle little child*

When I look at Jake Shears I get a Tina and coke high and the room begins to smell like bareback popper sex on an isle named Treasure Island media. He is always ZONKED out his gourd when I see pics of him.

:dead::chuckle:

No wonder they'd take mannequin Kylie over Madonna

Because they know Madonna would probably tell them to get over their bullshit game and go to rehab or something

^ OMG it really is :rotfl:

He's a pig really. Hope she did a voodoo on him with her eyes. Call it sef-protection. We alll know schizoid hungry for publicity Elton will be back at it soon. He's done it countless times before. That little back and forth obsession

When I look at Jake Shears I get a Tina and coke high and the room begins to smell like bareback popper sex on an isle named Treasure Island media. He is always ZONKED out his gourd when I see pics of him.

:dead:

Now I understand why something always seems 'off' to me in the look in his eyes. :lol:

I don't even know who Rufus Wainwright is. Or Jake shears. I only know Marky Mark. Did that one not repent on his Madonna hating ways when his balls eventually dropped?

Guys can you teach me how to save Gifs? When I save and post them elsewhere they show up as stills? :( Is there anything extra I have to do?

Guys can you teach me how to save Gifs? When I save and post them elsewhere they show up as stills? :( Is there anything extra I have to do?

I just save them as bookmarks in my browser. That way I can copy the direct URL into websites like this one and it usually works.

madonna-500x375.jpg

Tina Fey said that when she saw the louis vuitton madonna ads she thought it was Gwen Stefani's kid

Someone explain to me how this is shade. That seems like a compliment, if anything. M and Gwen look soooo similar. There have been times when I've honestly had to second guess myself which one it was and to me that sounds like Tina's saying M looks young.

Her opinion of someone is not going to change because of some nasty comments; especially if she admires or likes and knows that person. If people have integrity when speaking of whose work they admire or like then it would take a lot more than verbal comments to change their minds about them. So many people base how much they like or admire someone by what they can receive from them. The minute that person doesn't deliver by either saying something they don't like or not giving them what they want they all of sudden change their opinion about them.

I have noticed over the years how Madonna has integrity in her opinions. Back in the nineties for example Madonna can make a comment about someone's work and then all of a sudden she's the wicked witch of the west. Their opinion of her is now based on a comment and does not stem from any real admiration. They didn't get what they wanted. I also feel that she doesn't believe she defines someone on one opinion about their work. People often take opinions about one area of their lives and think that "well you must hate me because you don't think everything I do is amazing so now I don't like anything about you." It's so weak. We are all human and can have exchanges where we say things but if the love and admiration is real we get over it.

I will say though the extent of some of the things he has said about her publicly would try the patience of a saint. Madonna must really admire and love Elton John. I also feel she strongly understands and acknowledges where opinions are coming from. She accepts people's struggles but doesn't accept them not doing anything about them. Elton John has made comments about other people and I do believe he genuinely regrets his comments.

JLO should be forgiven! She's made good with M since then and has been to her concerts and ALWAYS says nice things about her!

NEVER

Thanks Fuzzy for the heads up on the Gifs.

Edited by mlcr

I don't think jlo should be forgiven. Her comment was as dumb as you can get. Jlo having a craft lol. Her craft is wearing one-piece velour suits from qvc. She's a joke. To mention her in the same breath as Madonna is a travesty.

I don't think jlo should be forgiven. Her comment was as dumb as you can get. Jlo having a craft lol. Her craft is wearing one-piece velour suits from qvc. She's a joke. To mention her in the same breath as Madonna is a travesty.

Totally agree. She's so fake and soulless. I'm still Jenny from the block, right, so patronisingly bullshit and a pointless thing to "sing about". She only sucked up to Madonna when her fake, pathetic excuse for a music career started to collapse post 2004. Four years later she was attending a 50 year old woman's stadium gig (that should educate Bennifer sufficiently on having CRAFT). Madonna had invited her to the Unicef GUCCI Fundraiser in February 2008.

And as you say what I find most astounding about that late 90s statement is that she lectured Madonna on acting. She's an awful actress and she took part in such mediocre films. She's the last "actress" who should judge Madonna's acting ability, however bad Madonna's acting might be.

In the acting department Madonna's still got DSS, A League Of Her Own, Dangerous Game/Snake Eyes and Evita of course. What does she have? That awful B-list level acting of Maid in Manhattan, the poor man's Pretty Woman of the 2000s

Totally agree. She's so fake and soulless. I'm still Jenny from the block, right, so patronisingly bullshit and a pointless thing to "sing about". She only sucked up to Madonna when her fake, pathetic excuse for a music career started to collapse post 2004.

A handful of J.Lo's songs are guilty pleasures of mine, but really, that's nothing to do with her as I don't think she brings anything good to the table. And the Jenny from the block stuff is so pathetic. Everyone knows she's a multi millionaire and is as far away from 'the block' as it's possible to get. That she thinks it somehow gives her street cred would be laughable if it wasn't so hypocritical and offensive.

As for the Madonna jab, I think when she said it, she was actually arrogant enough to believe she was about to supplant Madonna as the singing/dancing/acting pop culture icon du jour. And then she woke up when only a few short years later, she became chart poison as always happens to anyone who attempts to dethrone Queen M.

Totally agree. She's so fake and soulless. I'm still Jenny from the block, right, so patronisingly bullshit and a pointless thing to "sing about".

It's such a sad PR line...considering how extravagantly she supposedly lives, how she treats her assistants, etc....

JLo said that at the very beginning of her career when she was naive and full of herself. Don't judge someone at the start of their career. They're always foolish. Whenever I see JLo on tv these days she seems so nice and fun and willing to poke fun at herself, which I like. And since then she's matured and said great things about Madonna and gone to her shows and praises her. Obviously she's not nearly as talented or artistic as M is and I don't think she's much better of an actress but she's come a long way in terms of being a bitch, let's face it

JLo is a consistent "middle of the road" actress. I don't mind saying she's been more consistent than Madonna with her acting.....BUT, JLo has yet to match Madonna when she's at her best as an actress.