Slanderers of the Throne

Guest whatatramp

Oh yes, how could I forget. I'm surprised he wasn't mentioned. At least the Miley quote was somewhat funny but talk about a closet fan to know that.

article-2132295-0B17633D000005DC-989_634

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/aug/06/rufus-wainwright-interview-30-minutes-with

"I think that Madonna is a big imposture. She is a false idol. You see the episode of Golden calf, in the Bible ? Well, the Golden calf, it's Madonna".

"There's a dark force at work here - she subverts everything for her own gain. I went to see her London show and it was all so dour and humourless. She surpasses even Joan Crawford in terms of megalomania. Which in itself makes her a kind of dark gay icon.

I love Kylie, she's the anti-Madonna. Self-knowledge is a truly beautiful thing and Kylie knows herself inside out. She is what she is and there is no attempt to make quasi-intellectual statements to substantiate it. She is the gay shorthand for joy."

[On Lady Gaga] “I totally admire her tenacity, her ambition and her strength of vision. There’s just not one good song there.

People, especially gay men, are falling so hard for it. Certain things that [she] says: ‘Look at me. I was like you one day and now I’m this – and you can do it too.’ I find it a bit disingenuous. We are in this somewhat sinister period and [artists have] got to kind of toughen up and be real. I guess I want to put a little bit more grit into my presentation of what’s happening in the world. It’s about conveying what’s inside us, as opposed to the return of the cone breasts. I find it predictable and boring.”

As rubbish as Jake Shears, who at least had the excuse of being PAID by the singing budgie

“If Madonna is the Wicked Witch of the West, then Kylie is Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. She’s like a beacon of light for the gay community.”

1277923484_jake-shears-290.jpg

I find a lot of gay men will dismiss madonna to avoid being "that stereotypical gay man" that listens to madonna. Its a butch-complex denial thing.

I find a lot of gay men will dismiss madonna to avoid being "that stereotypical gay man" that listens to madonna. Its a butch-complex denial thing.

Which is,funny because Im a bi guy who is,obsessed with playing sports, comic books, horror movies and Madonna!

Most,people have no clue that Im until,they find out that I like Madonna

But I really dont like any other female or pop artists.

Im more of a U2, AC/DC kind of guy.

Weird

Sorry to go off topic

Yes it's Calvin Harris - sorry Pud! :s98:

He can fuck right off, you were born in 1984 and don't get Madonna? But he does get Kylie as he worked with her. Ugh.

And Mark Wahlberg is disgusting, it's sickening how someone like him can make it to the top of Hollywood.

You told us his name and I still don't know who he is...he's nothing.

I get what you mean to a certain extent but I think that any gay man (and I know gay men who don't give a shit about pop stars in general anyway) who dismisses Madonna will surely dismiss disco dolly Kylie if they are into the butch-complex denial thing that you've just mentioned.

A lot of people in the gay community hate Madonna because unlike Kylie or similar safe characters she doesn't need one particular audience to survive. They see in Kelly their little puppet and she's happy to play that part as long as she manages to extend her time in the UK tabloids for another 6 months.

I can accept if someone doesn't like Madonna.

But not if they're in thrall to fucking Kylie or The Beast :manson:

Precisely, it just doesn't make any sense

Well, you know what they say about the most virulently homophobic...

Yes I know and I share that view and found it to be rooted in reality many times, sadly

Oh yes, how could I forget.

I'm surprised he wasn't mentioned. At least the Miley quote was somewhat funny but talk about a closet fan to know that

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/aug/06/rufus-wainwright-interview-30-minutes-with

"I think that Madonna is a big imposture. She is a false idol. You see the episode of Golden calf, in the Bible ? Well, the Golden calf, it's Madonna".

"There's a dark force at work here - she subverts everything for her own gain. I went to see her London show and it was all so dour and humourless. She surpasses even Joan Crawford in terms of megalomania. Which in itself makes her a kind of dark gay icon.

I love Kylie, she's the anti-Madonna. Self-knowledge is a truly beautiful thing and Kylie knows herself inside out. She is what she is and there is no attempt to make quasi-intellectual statements to substantiate it. She is the gay shorthand for joy."

[On Lady Gaga] “I totally admire her tenacity, her ambition and her strength of vision. There’s just not one good song there.

People, especially gay men, are falling so hard for it. Certain things that [she] says: ‘Look at me. I was like you one day and now I’m this – and you can do it too.’ I find it a bit disingenuous. We are in this somewhat sinister period and [artists have] got to kind of toughen up and be real. I guess I want to put a little bit more grit into my presentation of what’s happening in the world. It’s about conveying what’s inside us, as opposed to the return of the cone breasts. I find it predictable and boring.”

Oh Rufus the artiste!!!! :D:lmao:

Going on and on about Madonna and then later "singing" with a soap opera relic from the 80s who was handed over a record deal with no association to music, writing or the arts in general. Christ, talk about major INCONGRUENCE there :rotfl:

Seriously all the various Elton, Morrissey and Vainwright have the same common denominator trait and I am not talking about their sexuality. Like get over yourselves already, you're not better than Madonna in the least, you're just jaded, envious of her career and FULL of yourselves and a bunch of recreational drug users.

Oh yes, how could I forget. I'm surprised he wasn't mentioned. At least the Miley quote was somewhat funny but talk about a closet fan to know that.

As rubbish as Jake Shears, who at least had the excuse of being PAID by the singing budgie

“If Madonna is the Wicked Witch of the West, then Kylie is Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. She’s like a beacon of light for the gay community.”

1277923484_jake-shears-290.jpg

What the fuck is wrong with these queens?

I mean how shallow can some gay men get...?

Rufus Wainwright and his sister Martha are both annoying, pretentious and know it alls. I have seen both of them on shows such as RocKwiz amongst others and each time have found them insufferable. Also, that concert Rufus did re-enacting Judy Garland's concert was dire. He seems to think he is above everyone but then goes and crawls to Kylie. What a tool.

the ONLY reason people like them put kylie above M is because she's SAFE and that "poor little underrated australian" (aka britain's fav female gay icon) she puts on a smile without being controversial or giving real opinions. she's probably had double the amount of work done/botox than madonna but you'll see these people give shit to madonna for it while being completely oblivious to kylie, giving her a pass, cuz 'she's so sweet".. these people just don't like the big female pop star. some people are just like that. they prefer the underdog which to them, is kylie.. a barbie doll who shuts her mouth.

but seriously.. kylie.. hell.. why not just throw in some grace jones or annie lennox instead.. but no.. they pick the girl whose shows are like the stereotype eurovision parade :lmao: who are they fooling?

sorry for rambling but it is what it is.

The ONLY reason people like them put kylie above M is because she's SAFE and that "poor little underrated australian" (aka britain's fav female gay icon) she puts on a smile without being controversial or giving real opinions. she's probably had double the amount of work done/botox than madonna but you'll see these people give shit to madonna for it while being completely oblivious to kylie, giving her a pass, cuz 'she's so sweet".. these people just don't like the big female pop star. some people are just like that. they prefer the underdog which to them, is kylie.. a barbie doll who shuts her mouth.

but seriously.. kylie.. hell.. why not just throw in some grace jones or annie lennox instead.. but no.. they pick the girl whose shows are like the stereotype eurovision parade :lmao: who are they fooling?

:chuckle::thumbsup:

Rufus Wainwright and his sister Martha are both annoying, pretentious and know it alls. I have seen both of them on shows such as RocKwiz amongst others and each time have found them insufferable. Also, that concert Rufus did re-enacting Judy Garland's concert was dire. He seems to think he is above everyone but then goes and crawls to Kylie. What a tool.

Bingo!

"We are in this somewhat sinister period and [artists have] got to kind of toughen up and be real. I guess I want to put a little bit more grit into my presentation of what’s happening in the world.

It’s about conveying what’s inside us, as opposed to the return of the cone breasts. I find it predictable and boring.”

Yes Rufus, yes :lmao:

tumblr_mnsd9b1W6q1ssr24mo1_500.gif

kylie+minogue+sexy+bum_6dd847_4227707.gi

2304013_o.gif

le-style-justin-timberlake_10-diaporama.

And oh the irony, doing her best reductive BAT Madonna impersonation in 1991

1863734_o.gif

Rather transparent :chuckle:

[On Lady Gaga] I totally admire her tenacity, her ambition and her strength of vision. Theres just not one good song there.

People, especially gay men, are falling so hard for it. Certain things that [she] says: Look at me. I was like you one day and now Im this and you can do it too. I find it a bit disingenuous. We are in this somewhat sinister period and [artists have] got to kind of toughen up and be real. I guess I want to put a little bit more grit into my presentation of whats happening in the world. Its about conveying whats inside us, as opposed to the return of the cone breasts. I find it predictable and boring.

My favorites are the ones that make me laugh.

You are 100% right. They are so desperate for success.

I find it astounding that the likes of Rufus and Jake shears can get it so wrong about her - and to also believe Kylie is like some beacon for gays - WTF?!?!?! Does that mean they associate being gay with being generic, mindless, frivolous, pointless & camp? If so then they aren't the kind of gay spokespeople i want representing the gay community.

I do find it funny that they all say similar things about her - that she is in some way dark and subversive. Could that be because she won't be a puppet for the gay community, and always follows her own path, that they feel like they can't relate or accept her, because they can't own her?

I always think about those great quotes that Christopher Flynn said about her in that BBC documentary. Im paraphrasing here, but it was on the lines of - "what fun she was.....always that, and its the kind i like as it doest deny seriousness, or responsibility or classicism - things that the love of what we were doing was all about".

That for me pretty much sums her up - and i think people either get that or don't - those that don't come out with the kind of shit we hear spouted by the likes of Rufus.

When I look at Jake Shears I get a Tina and coke high and the room begins to smell like bareback popper sex on an isle named Treasure Island media. He is always ZONKED out his gourd when I see pics of him.

the ONLY reason people like them put kylie above M is because she's SAFE and that "poor little underrated australian" (aka britain's fav female gay icon) she puts on a smile without being controversial or giving real opinions. she's probably had double the amount of work done/botox than madonna but you'll see these people give shit to madonna for it while being completely oblivious to kylie, giving her a pass, cuz 'she's so sweet".. these people just don't like the big female pop star. some people are just like that. they prefer the underdog which to them, is kylie.. a barbie doll who shuts her mouth.

sorry for rambling but it is what it is.

:dead::clap:

I could be in the minority here but the fact that Madonna treats people with respect who have unfairly trashed her is classy. She rises above the hatred and does not dwell on it. This has always been Elton's problem and the fact that she is not nasty to him back, only shows how petty he has been.

I could be in the minority here but the fact that Madonna treats people with respect who have unfairly trashed her is classy. She rises above the hatred and does not dwell on it. This has always been Elton's problem and the fact that she is not nasty to him back, only shows how petty he has been.

Absolutely agree.