Madonna Instagram Thread (June/July 2014)

Apples388

hope she posts a pic of a palestinian (palestinians) too now after posting the 3 isrealis. but im glad she's speaking up!

edit: ok I see the first pic now of the Palestinian child.

OMG the comments are terrible. Not directed at Madonna but the hatred people from one camp have for the other is unbearable to read and process. This will never end and will never be resolved and this 10th Ramadan bombings will only create even more hatred against Israel. I know because i did not have hatred against Israel but seeing all these children corpses on my FB timeline all day long for the past 2 days really angered me. You don't kill children to defend yourself, not in 2014. There are other methods. I try to calm down because i don't want to hate and understand but it's hard to give any meaning to the butchery Israel is making right now. And i fucking don't care if i upset members from Mnation supporting this crime. I know Hamas is guilty of terrorism and it must be dealt with but not like this. This is a monumental and terrible mistake, not only of human proportions but as PR it's devastating. Israel is just giving birth to more terrorists with this nonsense.

The negative comments are to be expected whenever polarizing political issues are posted on M Instagram. I guess she must know how crazy some people become, but she probably does not give a shit.

The situation in Israel is so complicated & I'm empathetic toward both sides, but more toward the jews. I just wish the far right orthodox population would stop having such a huge influence over some of the political parties.

The comments on there is just pure hate on each other. Sadly there will never be peace, hope I'm wrong :(

Yes, there is so much hate on both sides it's hard to get anywhere. I was listening to this talk show on NPR and the host said it was hard to get people from the Palestinian and the Israeli side to come on his show and have any kind of reasonable conversation or analysis without them getting so angry and almost getting violent on one another. If you can't even get them to talk civilly in a studio in the United States, how can we get people who are living in the region and going through the crisis everyday to have a discussion.

OMG the comments are terrible. Not directed at Madonna but the hatred people from one camp have for the other is unbearable to read and process. This will never end and will never be resolved and this 10th Ramadan bombings will only create even more hatred against Israel. I know because i did not have hatred against Israel but seeing all these children corpses on my FB timeline all day long for the past 2 days really angered me. You don't kill children to defend yourself, not in 2014. There are other methods. I try to calm down because i don't want to hate and understand but it's hard to give any meaning to the butchery Israel is making right now. And i fucking don't care if i upset members from Mnation supporting this crime. I know Hamas is guilty of terrorism and it must be dealt with but not like this. This is a monumental and terrible mistake, not only of human proportions but as PR it's devastating. Israel is just giving birth to more terrorists with this nonsense.

It's truly disgusting and sad.

Guest Rocco Papa

The murders are no reason to have hatred against Israel. The Prime Minister of Israel and its Mayor spoke out against the murder of the Palestinian boy. They have also been investigating the murder to bring the murderers to justice. Israel, as a whole, shouldn't be looked down on because of the bad people who did this. Every place has bad people. It's unfair to assume all of Israel is the same way.

Here's an article everyone should read:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/slain-israeli-teens-uncle-consoles-murdered-palestinians-father/

The murders are no reason to have hatred against Israel. The Prime Minister of Israel and its Mayor spoke out against the murder of the Palestinian boy. They have also been investigating the murder to bring the murderers to justice. Israel, as a whole, shouldn't be looked down on because of the bad people who did this. Every place has bad people. It's unfair to assume all of Israel is the same way.

Here's an article everyone should read:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/slain-israeli-teens-uncle-consoles-murdered-palestinians-father/

We're talking about the bombings here. The bombings are ordered by the state not a terrorist group like Hamas. It's not a terrorist group that has killed 172 people so far, it's the israeli army. What are israelis waiting for to be more vocal and protest these bombings ? The Israeli government is acting like the Hamas, a terrorist group. How come anyone with good sense and a heart can say this is fair ? Of course all of Israel is not like this but what are people from Israel waiting for to say enough ? Why aren't they pressuring their government into the diplomatic path ? Same with palestinians and Hamas. When will people from each side of that FUCKING AND SHAMEFUL wall that should have never been built will stop breading hatred in their children against their neighbours ? I'm pretty aware of Time of Israel since i read it almost everyday with Haaretz, i know there are people against these bombings.

I stopped supporting Israel since i had the opportunity to aid in a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon. I'm convinced this state shouldn't even exist and i'm not happy at all with Madonna's view. This is not a war between 2 sides, it's a genocide.

What's the actual background here? Pardon my lack of knowledge on world affairs. I know the basis of why Israel is a state but are they still fighting over the same thing after all these years?

I stopped supporting Israel since i had the opportunity to aid in a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon. I'm convinced this state shouldn't even exist and i'm not happy at all with Madonna's view. This is not a war between 2 sides, it's a genocide.

:thumbsup:

I don't agree with this. I think Israel does have a right to exist but within its original borders and they should not do all the violent things they do against unarmed Palestinians and take additional territory. But I don't think it's helpful to say one side has to be totally eliminated for there to be a solution. That extreme point of view is part of the problem. I personally am neither pro-Israel or pro-Palestinian. They both have done violent things and are filled with anger and hate. But I do agree a lot of times the US government and the media is too much pro-Israel. But that doesn't mean Israel doesn't have some valid concerns.

You cannot even begin to talk sense and be rational if so many people embrace violence as a way of obtaining something and think it is a normal response to that. How in the world do you change adults that have already gone beyond? If the greatest political mind came up with the most brilliant plan about land and rights would the people who justify killing children or anyone somehow be pure in heart the next day? The people who shot those three poor Israeli boys lost their minds and whomever killed that poor Palestinian boy have lost their minds. So what can be done at this point about them? Can hearts that are so far gone be reached again?

Leaders are responsible for setting examples. That's imperative.

The anger needs to be dealt with. Obviously all this violence means there is incredible anger. They have to accept people are angry and if they are what for? What can we do about it? Political mumbo jumbo is not going to diffuse the situation. Now they are at the point where they don't know what to do. Someone who can diffuse all this anger to inspire people in the region is needed.

Guest SecretGarden

She should have added one more hashtag:

#freepalestine

Definitely. I support Israel's right to exist, but what's happening at Gaza at the moment is nothing short of horrendous; this is a matter of basic human liberty, the liberty many in the west take for granted.

I understand Madonna's choice on being neutral and fair, and she is tied with a Jewish quasi-religion; but in this instance it's obvious who the aggressors are.

Guest Rocco Papa

I wonder if all these people who are bashing Israel felt the same way when Palestine bombed Israel all those times. If you're so against violence, then...

Guest SecretGarden

I wonder if all these people who are bashing Israel felt the same way when Palestine bombed Israel all those times. If you're so against violence, then...

Criticizing the actions of the Israeli government isn't "bashing Israel", in fact I'd argue that many of the Arab citizens living in Israel (exl. Gaza and the West Bank, of course) are treated fairly and better than they would be in certain other Arab countries.

However that does not in any way excuse what is happening in Gaza at the moment, standing up for the Palestinians does not mean someone is bashing Israel, nor does it mean they support the actions of Hamas. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has been going on for years and isn't black or white, my point was that in this instance Israel has gone far and beyond what I'd consider civil or just.