New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Having 8 posts or 10,000 posts is irrelevant to being a Madonna fan, which is what this is supposed to be all about. It's not a competition and anyone who is a fan should be welcome in a fan forum despite how "new" they might seem

I'm sorry that after almost two pages of jokes it becomes obnoxious, but it does to people who are looking for actual news. This doesn't make someone unreasonable or a buzzkill because they don't want to sort through two pages of insanity.

Edited by Arnian

Having 8 posts or 10,000 posts is irrelevant to being a Madonna fan, which is what this is supposed to be all about. It's not a competition and anyone who is a fan should be welcome in a fan forum despite how "new" they might seem

I'm sorry that after almost two pages of jokes it becomes obnoxious, but it does to people who are looking for actual news. This doesn't make someone unreasonable or a buzzkill because they don't want to sort through two pages of insanity.

Chillax! This forum is always insane, that's the fun of it. If you want to pop in to see news that's great but learn about how us loonies have fun first before you attack. We aren't the hourly CNN updates of Madonna.

Chillax! This forum is always insane, that's the fun of it. If you want to pop in to see news that's great but learn about how us loonies have fun first before you attack. We aren't the hourly CNN updates of Madonna.

giphy.gif

smashed-computer.gif

Perez Hilton is saying the single rebel heart could drop any day (not that i read his shite website, I googled the song title and his link came up). He's def not the most reliable of sources however i think he has some vague links to her camp so it could be a possiblity.

I'm completely perplexed as to what the release plan could be, it doesnt make sense that she'd start hyping the single now if its not going to be released for another couple of months. Maybe she didnt realise how much buzz the hashtags and song lyrics would create and didnt intend on getting people riled up so soon.

If the song is a few months off, then it's a bit premature getting people hyped up now - if we have to wait till June/July then theres risk for it being an anti climax (unless the song is super AMAZING)

That's fair and I wish there was a 24 news cycle of just Madonna.

Perez isn't always the most reliable source of news but it's probably likely that Madonna will just drop the single and not give a specified date. Beyoncé has changed how things can be done

Yeah it is irrelevant because it had nothing to do with you being a fan. :doh: It had to do with you telling people having a laugh they can't because your entitled cunty ass just wants us to serve you album info. Pull your head in.

:madgemanson:

Guest Rachelle of London

Dont you think that if there was some news we'd all be discussing it. This is a forum not a news bulletin page.You can always find some news about the album and post it in here if you want.

daily_gifdump_297_15.gif?w=500&h=282.jpg

No news good news?

Well I'd rather wait for something she spent some time on perfecting than hearing a rushed but less than perfect release.

LAP album took only 2 weeks to write. Perfecting things too much can make them worse.

LAP album took only 2 weeks to write. Perfecting things too much can make them worse.

damn the amount of times I've read that this week :p

a lot of (really great) albums were made in a short time anyway :) in fact the longer something takes, the more doubt and over-producing that comes into place :)

the only bad sign could be when her producers send in demos or bits of music and she sends in her vocals so the producer/songwriter and singer don't (or barely) meet. I hear that's what happened with a lot of tracks on MDNA. it's very cut and paste.

thing is, i don't think its possible to make bad music (for madonna's standards) when she's in the studio and actually writing and working with people for 2 weeks or even 1 week straight. you're way more inspired when you're with other creative people working on the same project.. even when the producer isn't the best one out there.. it's still better then getting really great samples or pieces sent in and never actually "working" with them. (just my opinion of course.) time is irrelevant. some people work on something for years and it fails.

That's fair and I wish there was a 24 news cycle of just Madonna.

Perez isn't always the most reliable source of news but it's probably likely that Madonna will just drop the single and not give a specified date. Beyoncé has changed how things can be done

Beyonce changed how things can be done?! Please, she didn't change shit. Anyone major act could've done that before her...they just didn't.

#disnigga

paula-deen-blah-blah.gif

Beyonce changed how things can be done?! Please, she didn't change shit. Anyone major act could've done that before her...they just didn't.

No, I disagree. The same could be said for any art form where someone has taken a major gamble in that case. That's equivalent to saying Goddard's Breathless didn't usher in French New Wave because a director could simply have done that style of filmmaking before him, or that Peter Jackson doesn't deserve credit for filming The Lord of the Rings trilogy back to back (thus starting that trend in filmmaking).

The fact that she and her team were able to film videos for an entire album and keep it secret is incredible. She did change how albums can be released and will be given credit for that in the long run. iTunes is already making plans to duplicate the "Beyoncé" model, so obviously she has changed things imao.

No, I disagree. The same could be said for any art form where someone has taken a major gamble in that case. That's equivalent to saying Goddard's Breathless didn't usher in French New Wave because a director could simply have done that style of filmmaking before him, or that Peter Jackson doesn't deserve credit for filming The Lord of the Rings trilogy back to back (thus starting that trend in filmmaking).

The fact that she and her team were able to film videos for an entire album and keep it secret is incredible. She did change how albums can be released and will be given credit for that in the long run. iTunes is already making plans to duplicate the "Beyoncé" model, so obviously she has changed things imao.

But the "surprise" release thing has been done before Beyonce did it. Was she the first female? Possibly. But let's not give her too much.

I do think she may just drop the single out of nowhere. The leak of GMAYL months before killed that song as the negative press before the actual release killed any hype. If it dropped tomorrow, out of the blue, she could easily go top ten with a good song.

lol oh child. don't confuse art with MARKETING. what beyonce('s team) did with iTunes was marketing, not inventing a new fucking art form...seriously, i just can't