New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Guest bluejean

Beyonce changed how things can be done?! Please, she didn't change shit. Anyone major act could've done that before her...they just didn't.

Others did do it before her.

Guest bluejean

To the newbie killjoys in this thread trying to make the rules, get the fuck out!

It doesn't matter how long you've been a fan, don't come brand new into a place where everyone knows eachother and start telling everyone what to do. They were having a joke and they are allowed to do that.

Others did do it before her.

Ok whatever, my point was to obviously call out the stupidity of saying that beyonce has changed the music industry and now madonna is somehow a follower...

Ok whatever, my point was to obviously call out the stupidity of saying that beyonce has changed the music industry and now madonna is somehow a follower...

Yes, and furthermore, while the specific release date may have been a suprise, it was well established that Beyonce would be releasing an album. I thought it was a bit of a mess at the time, but when she performed for the Super Bowl, they just had print banners in the stores that had her image for the Super Bowl ads (close-up face with the under-eye paint on her cheeks), with "ALBUM IN 2013" ... granted, she waited almost as long as you could before it wouldn't be 2013 anymore, but ... yeah. It wasn't exactly a "surprise." I'm not saying it wasn't an exceptional release in several ways, but ... people act like it was the most phenomenal release in history and a game-changer for the industry. That's hyperbole.

Yes, and furthermore, while the specific release date may have been a suprise, it was well established that Beyonce would be releasing an album. I thought it was a bit of a mess at the time, but when she performed for the Super Bowl, they just had print banners in the stores that had her image for the Super Bowl ads (close-up face with the under-eye paint on her cheeks), with "ALBUM IN 2013" ... granted, she waited almost as long as you could before it wouldn't be 2013 anymore, but ... yeah. It wasn't exactly a "surprise." I'm not saying it wasn't an exceptional release in several ways, but ... people act like it was the most phenomenal release in history and a game-changer for the industry. That's hyperbole.

Not to mention, beyonce was the performer, the management came up with the release strategy not her. Anyways I digress... Back to more important things, like MADONNA!

So I guess there could be a possibility that we'll get something new of Avicii is on tour? That could mean the album is finished? Wow, that was fast if that's the case...

I hope she does more than 3 videos and really milks this album out with the tour and promotion.

Agreed. It sold 3 million ww so far, which is good for today's industry but really nothing like Jagged Little Pill or The Bodyguard Sdtk. were in the 90's. Also, I don't know if a "surprise" release would be a sure-fire bet for success. I think it was a smart move to whip up excitement quickly with only 3 weeks left in the sales-heavy 4th quarter: you get a lot of casual holiday shoppers who may have not otherwise been interested, plus you ride that Christmas wave through to the New Year. It was a masterstroke of timing and media coverage, but I don't know how it will change the industry for the long term as it will be difficult to replicate that kind of event again.

I'd love a surprise release of a new Madonna single, but I'd wager she is aiming for later this year. She probably wants the album to come out closer to the tour.

Guest Rachelle of London

Agreed. It sold 3 million ww so far, which is good for today's industry but really nothing like Jagged Little Pill or The Bodyguard Sdtk. were in the 90's. Also, I don't know if a "surprise" release would be a sure-fire bet for success. I think it was a smart move to whip up excitement quickly with only 3 weeks left in the sales-heavy 4th quarter: you get a lot of casual holiday shoppers who may have not otherwise been interested, plus you ride that Christmas wave through to the New Year. It was a masterstroke of timing and media coverage, but I don't know how it will change the industry for the long term as it will be difficult to replicate that kind of event again.

I'd love a surprise release of a new Madonna single, but I'd wager she is aiming for later this year. She probably wants the album to come out closer to the tour.

3m in 2 months is amazing in today's market. 2014 is different to 1994, of course it's not gonna sell as much as JLP.

I don't want M to do a surprise album. A visual one yes but a surprise one probably wouldn't work.

I still think the album release is planned for 4th quarter.

But I hope that this time she is gonna release a teaser single around June/July and the second single in October with the new album release one or two weeks later.

Something like that. At least it`s wishfull thinking :sassy:

I still think the album release is planned for 4th quarter.

But I hope that this time she is gonna release a teaser single around June/July and the second single in October with the new album release one or two weeks later.

Something like that. At least it`s wishfull thinking :sassy:

That's what I want her to do....release an early "teaser" single for the summer,then release a second single right *before* the new album comes out.

That's what I want her to do....release an early "teaser" single for the summer,then release a second single right *before* the new album comes out.

Yep. She isn't visible much these days. In the 80s and 90s we always had random singles like soundtrack stuff which helped keep her on the radio and in the public eye. I think it's odd how she now just does an album every three years and thinks that it's enough. She could so easily drop a new song here and there in between albums. She'd get more singles sales if she released two before the album dropped and peopleywould get excited for the actual album.

"Rebel Lights"

1. Kaleidoscope

2. Day Into Night

3. Rebel Heart

4. It Starts With A Smile

5. Eclectic

6. Infinite Kiss

7. Brake Into Heaven

8. Il Mio Amante

9. Graphite

10. City Signs

11. Deficit Of Love