New Album Rumours & Discussion

What makes people think Moroder is referring to Madonna? He said a very great singer. That could be anyone. There's nothing specific in his comments to make me think it's Madonna. I love Madonna's voice, but lets face it most people don't praise her voice that much and aren't likely to refer to her as a "very great singer". They might say a huge icon, but probably not a very great singer, even though to me personally she is.

I do tend to agree with the people who say he is kind of the past, with a dated 80's sound. Madonna tends to avoid that kind of retro 80's sound, but is more interested in contemporary dance/electronica so I find it hard to believe she would want to work with him.

Madonna + moroder would be fantastic, I don't understand the hate. I still believe she will collaborate mostly with an up-and-coming, lesser known, and/or less of a 'legacy' producer for the better part of the tracks.

WHY CANT SHE JUST DO A CHILL OUT RECORD WITH ANDRE BETTS PRODUCING AND PAT LEONARD CO WRITING?! Also bring back Dallas Austin, Dave "Jam" Hall, Nellee Hooper & Massive Attack, I say!

I would love an album that includes the brilliance of my 3 favorite albums of hers and maybe her most praised.

Like a Prayer

Ray of Light

Confessions on a Dance Floor

Madonna please dig deep in your soul and deliver us your passion from your heart and mind.

Seeing as we have been on the subject of Pat Leonard

1: Didn't Madonna scrap the production that Leonard produced for his Ray of Light tracks and go with William Orbit to produce the whole record but obviously with input from Marius Devries and Pat Leonard on their respective tracks. I'm 100 % certain of this and I remember she was scared to tell Leonard in particular but her gut was telling her that she was making the right decision and she went ahead with the changes as the album would have had a LA Peter Gabriel vibe when she was more interested to go for a more electronica sound.

Well we all know now with the benefit of hindsight that she made the right decision. She swept the Grammy's amongst other awards show's and shifted almost 20 million copies of Ray of Light.

2. My second point is and I am to this day, a little embarrassed that I don't know the answer to it or I do but just have forgotten. Where did I'll Remember come from??? Was it an EROTICA outtake ( and please don't just say No to this one because it doesn't deal with sexual matter of fact because neither did Rain and that still made the cut), was it just a random track from the vaults that when she was asked to contribute to the With Honors soundtrack, she remembered it and thought it would be perfect. There are also a couple of you out there who think she got together with Leonard specifically to write a track for the film and I'll Remember is the fruits of their labours.

1: Didn't Madonna scrap the production that Leonard produced for his Ray of Light tracks and go with William Orbit to produce the whole record but obviously with input from Marius Devries and Pat Leonard on their respective tracks. I'm 100 % certain of this and I remember she was scared to tell Leonard in particular but her gut was telling her that she was making the right decision and she went ahead with the changes as the album would have had a LA Peter Gabriel vibe when she was more interested to go for a more electronica sound.

Well we all know now with the benefit of hindsight that she made the right decision. She swept the Grammy's amongst other awards show's and shifted almost 20 million copies of Ray of Light.

2. My second point is and I am to this day, a little embarrassed that I don't know the answer to it or I do but just have forgotten. Where did I'll Remember come from??? Was it an EROTICA outtake ( and please don't just say No to this one because it doesn't deal with sexual matter of fact because neither did Rain and that still made the cut), was it just a random track from the vaults that when she was asked to contribute to the With Honors soundtrack, she remembered it and thought it would be perfect. There are also a couple of you out there who think she got together with Leonard specifically to write a track for the film and I'll Remember is the fruits of their labours.

And Marius de Vries was of course actually in the studio with her and Orbit and the other technicians as witnessed by the Ultrasound interview by MTV's "I'm-trying-to-be-super-chill" Kurt Loader (always made for good M interviews!).

I'll remember: I thought she did that specifically to help out with Keshishian's With Honors flick and it was a chance to hook up with Pat Leonard again. Also the first time I saw a connection with William Orbit, for the remixes. Recently there was a separate thread on I'll Remember. Probably more info there. And in Genesis Timeline.

Orbit also remixed JML and Erotica :)

FLOP fan moment! :D I just vividly remember (no pun intended) seeing Orbit's name and wondering if he was one half of the techno duo 'Orbital', who's 'Brown' album I played religiously....

*frantically checks physical copies of Erotica and JML*

:lmao:

That would tie in with me saying that Patrick was disappointed that Skin became a dance song so sounds right.

As for I'll Remember, Wikipedia is saying it was written to repair the damage after Erotica and they noticed her soundtrack singles always did well but I think that is guess work.

FLOP fan moment! :D I just vividly remember (no pun intended) seeing Orbit's name and wondering if he was one half of the techno duo 'Orbital', who's 'Brown' album I played religiously....

He remixed the singles of Erotica and JML.

Well he couldn't be specific, like he said the contract was yet to be signed.

That's true. But he doesn't say it's a female singer. It could be a male singer such as George Michael.

I think the "You can fuck with me" line is from Orbit's remix of JML ;)

*checks*

Yeh, here it is..

I think Madonna just discovered that somebody is selling facecream in Japan under her name, with a fake picture used first by Rihanna.

i also think it's got to do with that. something about that campaign isn't 100% professional, compared to her gyms and perfume..

oh i was just joking, but it would be nice to have a brand new Madonna, that Guy dude is a bit tiresome. I want some different things noncommercial related. That's why i liked so much that Miley duet, that Grammy featuring, the Pussy Riot thing...

Besides, after MDNA, Guy should have been FIRED and forever become untouchable in music bisiness. Of course, that's my opinion.

oh i was just joking, but it would be nice to have a brand new Madonna, that Guy dude is a bit tiresome. I want some different things noncommercial related. That's why i liked so much that Miley duet, that Grammy featuring, the Pussy Riot thing...

Besides, after MDNA, Guy should have been FIRED and forever become untouchable in music bisiness. Of course, that's my opinion.

something about that face/makeup campaign is off though. I read the site isn't even really finished/properly online.. that rihanna pic..

hey Rugbyguy! I understand your doubt on where the hell did I'll Remember came from in 1994 being that the last time she had worked with Pat Leonard at that time was I'm Breathless in 1990. I think it's true that she wanted to do some damage control for Erotica and the movie was his friend Keshishian's, but then why with Patrick Leonard? Simple: he was in charge for the soundtrack of the movie. So it was all pretty much up for grabs. Keshishian probably was dying to get Madonna to do a song for his second movie (his first being Truth Or Dare) to boost his product and she was eager to get a mild soundtrack standalone hit, then Patrick Leonard doing the soundtrack feels like every pieced fitted in. Even Keshishian directed the video afterwards.

Wow! Reading that letter is an experience! I LOVE this woman!

What album is she referring to as "that nightmare experience?"

Bedtime Stories. She always refers to that as a failure when she tried really hard and still failed to get it the songs to sound sonically similar.