New Album Rumours & Discussion

For people who are wondering what Patrick Leonard has being doing recently... he wrote and produced a song for/with Dutch singer Ilse DeLange. The song is called Blue Bittersweet and it was released last year.

Many people thought this was a Madonna/Daft Punk song when it was released here in the Netherlands...

wow she does sound like Madonna and DaftPunk ... wow ..love the melodies

Uou!!! Patrick is great! This kind of album of Madonna would be cool as fuck! Hope she does the album with him and Joe! It sounds like the classic Madonna and its sophisticated, classy and just perfect! She ll be great if she reunites with Pat!

What was last thing Leotard produced for her? LAP album?

Didn't he co- write Skin on rol and he was upset about what Madonna did to the song?

I also thought he'd worked with her on the defunct Hello suckers project in 2003?

For people who are wondering what Patrick Leonard has being doing recently... he wrote and produced a song for/with Dutch singer Ilse DeLange. The song is called Blue Bittersweet and it was released last year.

Many people thought this was a Madonna/Daft Punk song when it was released here in the Netherlands...

:AMAZING :tigger:

Guest Not4Pussies

madonna should work with Blood Orange!!

i wonder if she knows who he is. he is a songwriter/producer and artists himself. i bet she would work with him in a heartbeat

he has written songs for grace jones, sky ferreira, solange, kylie minogue, florence and the machine and he recently wrote two songs for britney's britney jean but they didnt make the album.

http://youtu.be/Y9NgvhuCoEQ

Didn't he co- write Skin on rol and he was upset about what Madonna did to the song?

I also thought he'd worked with her on the defunct Hello suckers project in 2003?

Pat wasn't happy with the dance remix of Like a Prayer ... not with skin.

Yes he wrote:"Skin" NRM" , Sky Fits heaven & Frozen.

He co-produced Sky Fits heaven & Frozen, To have adn not to hold & Power of Goodbye

I dont trust Leotards production skills, just like Madge doesn't.

He can write some songs, but let someone else produce.

The track above has horrid and lame production.

It's surprising many people don't know Pat Leonard has co-written/produced half of the Ray Of Light album !

and yes, she also called him to produce her musical "Hello Suckers" in 2004 and to make to the music of "I am because we are" in 2008 so as a matter of fact she never "scrapped" him and works with him regularly over the years. I think he's one of the few songwritter/producer, if not the only one from her early career in the 80's she always kept on working with all along her career : 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1989 - 1994 - 1998 - 2004 - 2008.

So it wouldn't be really shocking and surprising if he is on board this time again, by the look of the this chronology she works with him every 4/5 years.

It's incredible, listening to this song you can hear Madonna singing on it, i'm not talking about the voice of the girl, but the "essence" of the song, the feelings, the emotions...Really, no one can capture her emotions like Leonard, it's like his lyrics/productions are made for M...

Guest whatatramp

madonna should work with Blood Orange!!

i wonder if she knows who he is. he is a songwriter/producer and artists himself. i bet she would work with him in a heartbeat

he has written songs for grace jones, sky ferreira, solange, kylie minogue, florence and the machine and he recently wrote two songs for britney's britney jean but they didnt make the album.

http://youtu.be/Y9NgvhuCoEQ

+++++++1

He co-produced Sky Fits heaven & Frozen, To have adn not to hold & Power of Goodbye

I'm pretty sure he was disappointed thatSkin was turned into a dance track when it was originally a slow song I addition to LAP.

Can anyone back me up?

Warner wanted Frozen, while Madge: ROL. I think Warner were right.

Pat Leonard means classic Madonna, so I more than welcome this collaboration.

Daft Punk sounds cool, but I much prefer Leonard and Henry as songwriters. Whoever produces the solid material would not be relevant.

AGREE with the primacy of a solid foundation of songwriting!

Didn't she just cowrite JML, though?? I know most of M's songwriting credits by heart, and I can't think of another contribution by Ingrid.

She didn't co-write it. Ingrid wrote it with Lenny Kravitz and Lenny gave it to Madonna, who changed the vocal arrangement and thus got a writing credit. I don't think she really changed much. It was like a GGW type of situation.

The difference between Madonna and the Jacksons is that she has had many hits-- Vogue, Hung Up, Don't Tell Me, Music, ROL, etc. without Patrick Leonard. Micheal and Janet could not do this without Quincy and Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

I'd much rather see her work with Joe Henry again, or other songwriters. While I love their work together, I don't think they could top what they've already done, and I'd like to see her go in a new direction.

Even on the ROL album, I strongly prefer the tracks Pat was NOT involved with. The only one I like is Frozen, and that seems to basically be a rewrite of Open Your Heart.