New Album Rumours & Discussion

I'm all in for dance. No one should be disappointed. As long as the music ends up being good, everyone here will rally around the final result.

Since it is dance, I would be surprised if Daft Punk wasn't involved - at least for a couple of tracks.

I love the fact its dance. I just hope it will be grown up, edgy, sophisticated dance like COADF and most of MDNA (minus the light stuff like Superfuck, GMAYL, Birthday Song etc).

She is at her best when she does dance music.

yes...in the 80s....

Say what??? he and Donna Summer gave birth to true Disco in the 70's...

He at least has challenged himself throughout

his career to evolve and expand his range as both a producer and pioneer of dance music.

I am all for Madonna and Moroder.

Guest groovyguy

Giorgio Moroder said this in a recent interview:

"I cannot mention the name now because the contracts are not signed, but Im going to work in the next few days with a very great singer. A great singer, he gushed. And if you call me in a few weeks I might be able to tell you what it is! Its one of my all-time favourite singers."

Could it be M? :wow:

Could the rumor from last August be true? http://jasontellsitlikeitis.com/2013/08/06/%E2%98%86-a-new-disco-infused-album-by-the-queen-of-pop-is-due-in-2014/

or he might be working with Lana http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/giorgio-moroder-has-hinted-that-he-might-be-working-with-lana-del-rey/124329/

I don't mean to step on any toes - as I do think Giorgio Moroder was a genius in his day - but Madonna really needs to come back with a bang. Moroder peaked decades ago, and besides she already used him by proxy on "Future Lovers". If he could've been called on for any album, it would've been Confessions and she clearly found someone (Stuart Price) who could replicate that sound with a modern twist - and bridging the past to the future is what Madonna does best.

This comment from the second source smh:

Ryan Scott Lathan · Writer/Critic at PopMatters

"A great singer"....yep.....definitely Madonna. She has consistently redefined the vocal art form with her sensational pipes. Amazing business woman, chameleonesque genius yes.....singer.....puh-lease.
Look, we all know she isn't Whitney, but I hate when people downplay her voice.
And on Moroder: I'm confident he would do something great.
This song was the best song on RAM

I think Madonna wants to turn out good solid remix style music that can be accessible through HCF. I see her with Avicci and other chart topping DJS. Not classically trained music producers per say.

I don't mean to step on any toes - as I do think Giorgio Moroder was a genius in his day - but Madonna really needs to come back with a bang. Moroder peaked decades ago, and besides she already used him by proxy on "Future Lovers". If he could've been called on for any album, it would've been Confessions and she clearly found someone (Stuart Price) who could replicate that sound with a modern twist - and bridging the past to the future is what Madonna does best.

thanks

not to sound polemic, but just to understand other points of view....you're not the first that says "avicii is so 2012", but what do you mean? it's not like saying "it's sound is dated, it's so 1977..."...i mean...it's 2014...if it's a good artist he will evolve his sound from the 2012-style....

Guest Not4Pussies

Moroder is great but be would hAve been perfect for coadf. Plus I'm sure Madonna can come up with new ideas. Working with Moroder is too daft punkish

Havent read the last several pages of this but I'm very 50/50 (at best) IF she's working w/ Morodor. He's positively an innovator, genius and basically the godfather/founding father of disco/ EDM BUT he's 74..around the same year he became 'hot' (40 years ago)! lol Hasn't done anything wortha shit since the mid 80s. Even w/ Daft Punks new album, he wasn't at all responsible for the one and only major hit 'Get Lucky'. That was all King Nile, DP and Pharrell! As much as I love Nile and Pharrell who I think is clearly at a creative, legendary non stop peak now, I'm still wanting something totally new/fresh but IF she was gonna go back..way back its all about Pat first(followed by Nile and esp. Pharrell once again)! He's proven himself to be a totally versatile genius musically/ non one trick pony (like Timbalend, Mirwais, Orbit etc..)

Obviously, if Morodor is involved, we don't know how much input he'll even have, It could just be an homage/show of respect by doing a track or two w/ him as an album track or limited Euro or club release only (if some single is released). If it ends up another outright tired sounding Euro, EDM album w/ half assed weak tracks (MDNA 2014/15) Plz say it aint so! I want polished, emotional, infectious pop/rock/dance and some freakin LTT quality ballads!! Total 'Madonna' sounding songs. Dunno how in any way Georgio has this in him..sorry lol.