Secret Project REVOLUTION! THE QUEEN OF LIFE!

Guest Pud Whacker

I really love her performance of that song and Rocco dancing to it. Quite mesmerizing. I hope we get that tune in an official studio recording at some point. Ghostly, and beautiful.

The interview makes more sense than what was represented in the film/short docu... It was shot in a beautiful way and M looks good but that's it!

The film is there to invoke... inspire people to stand up and fight for their freedoms and right to express themselves. The interview is to give a detailed reasoning behind it. Some may say "Why explain it? Let the film speak for itself", but unfortunately you have to spell it out to a lot of people or they will twist it into something it's not. Some are doing that now without seeing the interview, so it's good that the bundle torrent did include the interview. Some will do it no matter what.

It just amazes me to hear and see her speak so elogantly and intelligently about the political climate of the world, when I still can remember a young Michigan girl, flippantly saying "I want to Rule the World"nearly 30 years ago. Look how far she has come. And it's so cool to see her doing something that has no financial gain and about making a change and bringing people together. I appreciate how she is using her influence and fame to try to make a positive change.

Okay, seriously though, all of this REALLY shook something inside of me. It's hard for me to verbally express how it made me feel. I just love it so much. The short. The GIFs. The performance. The INTERVIEW. I'm feeling so inspired to start exploring my artistic side again.

I'm so happy

bom-s-tears-of-joy-o.gif

The film, interview and the performance at the premier. Flawless. This is how you execute an idea.

I'm actually glad that I was "over" the secret project, made the impact even bigger.

What's the name of the song she sang?

Behind the bars x

I did not enter any of the Secret Project threads, so i had no expectations (or slight idea what it was even about). I watched the video last night & I'm still recovering... Its life changing. It's world shaking. It's literally everything.

Love her perspective on our society slowly moving backwards. She definitely put into words & re-affirmed A LOT if what I've been saying to friends, co workers, etc. I've always had to explain/ justify my life choices to people that don't see Art (of any kind) as essential. WTF? As if being an artist is synonymous with entertainment. It's a crucial part if culture, just as important as any profession.

Anyway! She looked fucking delicious BUT more importantly, she spoke the truth. This is my Definitely going on my favorite M moments list. And that interview is lovely; the VICE reporter is such a loon! He said a total of like, 20 words? :lol:

I did not enter any of the Secret Project threads, so i had no expectations (or slight idea what it was even about). I watched the video last night & I'm still recovering... Its life changing. It's world shaking. It's literally everything.

Love her perspective on our society slowly moving backwards. She definitely put into words & re-affirmed A LOT if what I've been saying to friends, co workers, etc. I've always had to explain/ justify my life choices to people that don't see Art (of any kind) as essential. WTF? As if being an artist is synonymous with entertainment. It's a crucial part if culture, just as important as any profession.

Anyway! She looked fucking delicious BUT more importantly, she spoke the truth. This is my Definitely going on my favorite M moments list. And that interview is lovely; the VICE reporter is such a loon! He said a total of like, 20 words? :lol:

In his defense, the second he tried to talk Madonna shut him up. Then 30 minutes after asking a question, she says "does that answer your question"

:lmao:

God journalist these days are such idiots:

Fake prison guards dragged her into the room, where she sang a spare piano-based cover of Smiths Between The Bars a song thats not about prisons. The whole thing seems to be way more about Madonna being great than about the prison system being fucked up, but at least the cover sounded good.

As if she sang the song to comment on the prison system.

http://www.stereogum.com/1491712/watch-madonna-cover-elliott-smiths-between-the-bars/video/

The way that a lot of the media, both professional and amateur, is going to cover the Secret Project is kind of what this thing is all about...and is essentially a part of the problem. They don't bother to actually take in and comprehend what she's saying, and thus reduce it to a few soundbites that have absolutely nothing to do with what it's really all about...and it becomes nothing more than "Madonna throws a party, attempts to comment on politics, and Sean Penn and Lindsay Lohan show up". They are the problem.

Guest Not4Pussies

Okay, seriously though, all of this REALLY shook something inside of me. It's hard for me to verbally express how it made me feel. I just love it so much. The short. The GIFs. The performance. The INTERVIEW. I'm feeling so inspired to start exploring my artistic side again.

I'm so happy

bom-s-tears-of-joy-o.gif

DO IT!!

Guest Not4Pussies

found these comments about the film on tumblr from random people i follow:

Madonna’s SecretProjectRevolution is one of the most important things she’s done in her entire career. It’s bigger than herself, it’s about all of us. Everyone who faces discrimination or oppression has an open platform to have their stories heard, with Madonna in their corner.

I really admire Madonna for continuously putting herself out there to fight for the greater good. It has nothing to do with fame, ego, or personal gain. Throughout her entire career she has put herself in dangerous situations in the fight for human rights, artist’s right, women’s rights, and gay rights. Not every pop star has the guts to put their life/career on the line like that. When you piss off entire countries, the Vatican, and political leaders, that’s really something. This is why Madonna is, and always will be, the Queen of Pop.

The way that most of the media, both professional and amateur, is going to cover the Secret Project is kind of what this thing is all about...and is essentially a part of the problem. They don't bother to actually take in and comprehend what she's saying, and thus reduce it to a few soundbites that have absolutely nothing to do with what it's really all about...and it becomes nothing more than "Madonna throws a party, attempts to comment on politics, and Sean Penn and Lindsay Lohan show up". They are the problem.

Well, the press are so inane and thoughtless. Saw a report on Madonna this morning and it was showing the video of her and Sean Penn talking. There was virtually no mention of anything that Madonna had done - the ground-breaking film, incredible interview and performances. It was all about that fact that she was "on a date" with her ex-husband. :doh:

Still, I am sure that the message will get out for people that want to hear it. So great to see all of the wonderful Madonna fans on this forum loving everything and appreciating the importance of what she is saying.

I really admire Madonna for continuously putting herself out there to fight for the greater good. It has nothing to do with fame, ego, or personal gain. Throughout her entire career she has put herself in dangerous situations in the fight for human rights, artist’s right, women’s rights, and gay rights. Not every pop star has the guts to put their life/career on the line like that. When you piss off entire countries, the Vatican, and political leaders, that’s really something. This is why Madonna is, and always will be, the Queen of Pop.

How quickly ppl seem to forget this about her.

I showed it to my friend who knows virtually nothing about M and she was silent the whole time. When it ended I didn't know what her reaction would be so I broke the silence and said "pretty intense huh?" she replied "WHY DID IT HAVE TO END?!" and kept commenting how good it was :)

Well, the press are so inane and thoughtless. Saw a report on Madonna this morning and it was showing the video of her and Sean Penn talking. There was virtually no mention of anything that Madonna had done - the ground-breaking film, incredible interview and performances. It was all about that fact that she was "on a date" with her ex-husband. :doh:

Uggghhhh, the media is shit, isn't it? Keeping everyone at the level of a 10 year old. That's the plan, I suppose.

Glad I don't fall for that shit.

The message will get out. As an artist myself, I'm inspired more than I have ever been lately. I really needed this.

OMG at Mensch's night! :wow::drama:

---

I think you can't start a revolution unless you know who or what you're fighting against. If it's apathy, then you should concentrate on battling its origin, fighting the source of why people are in their comfort zone. Screaming out that people are apathic (even as elegantly as she has) is a comfort zone itself. Criticizing without proposing is a comfortable area. I find SP is not didactic for then I should learn something from it, and not only be urged to do "something". I wanna learn what, why and when, but mainly: who. If it's some kind of self awareness test where you can fight that within yourself, I think it bites more than it can chew both as a work of art and as a political statement. I appreciate she has the motivation to ask us to "do something" but I find it bland. But it's just my input.

I disagree with your assessment.

Madonna knows exactly what she's fighting against, and this work is pretty explicit in its call to arms; to mistake or confuse it is to, quite honestly, not have paid attention.

Her didactism here is not so much to teach as to explain, but to teach as to instruct and to move asses. To be reminded (or jolted towards awareness) of the realities she sees is learning enough. WE should provide our own details. For us to rely on her to fill in the blanks is actually to be in a comfort zone. She's not making an artful documentary; she's making a 17 minute manifesto thru an artful fusion of words, visuals, and movement. She's not merely criticising as it's CLEAR that she proposes, too, which is actually the point of the whole thing: for us to care more for our freedoms; to fight suppression; to express ourselves thru art.

To bog down her observations and manifesto with details that help achieve "balance" is to effectively neuter the immediacy of her clarion call, and to reduce it to a mere scholarly exercise.

She started with a speech after hanging out and talking to people all around the gallery, rushing to say hi to different people and speaking briefly to dancers, fans, Guy etc...she then got on stage and mad a speech, a short audio of James Baldwin disc cling human rights plated (with a still image of him) then the Secret Project, then a few performances happened. One with Chaz, a violinist and an amazing backdrop. One dancer did Strange Fruit (don't know his name but the French guy with the pony tail) ...a group of dancers did something as well, then the cops stormed into the crowd where everyone was sitting on the floor surrounding her (I was to people from her), and dragged her to the front of the stage where she performed as you saw. Afterward, she told everyone to stay and party, and she mingled with EVERYONE (including me...I had so many little moments with her and everyone else) until she finally left. I yelled to her to release the song but she signed a few stuff, smiled and said bye to everyone.

I tried recording everything but I didn't have enough memory and I started deleting things to fit pics with and of Perez, Lindsay, M, Steven, Liz, guy, Rocco, Valentino, Zachary, Donna, Nicole, the dancers, Sean, Anderson. It was awesome being with M literally just hanging out for the entire time. I was like 5 ft away from her for most of it. Most of the fans in fact, got personal moments and spent the entire time with her.

During the party, the dancers started breakdancing, the called Rocco ove and he danced a little. She cheered everyone on and danced. She was so comfortable and playful, funny. Running around to converse with anyone and everyone. I would talk to her and she would respond. She was awesome. I gave these gloves a friend of mine's friend designed for her. It was just amazing.

The interview (btw)is absolutely incredible and I've always known this is what she represented. That's why I loveher so much!

Wow! You were there? Did you win tickets or something?

I'm so happy

bom-s-tears-of-joy-o.gif

Check your PMS.