Secret Project REVOLUTION! THE QUEEN OF LIFE!

Guest Pud Whacker

The film is beautiful, but I think she gets her point across more effectively in the politically/socially charged video interludes she has used on the last several tours (Sorry, Get Stupid, NKM, etc). Most people are not going to sit through a 17 minute art piece and need things more directly fed to them (narration directly matching imagery.....this piece is a bit more abstract)...still, she is saying and doing something, hopefully the ball will start to roll with other artists who also want to start a worldwide evolution.

PS: The live performance is everything and more and she has never sounded better.....

Incredible that 30 years into her career, she just gave one of the best sit down interviews she's ever given. That VICE interview is truly fantastic.

Even if there are people who don't care for the secret project film, I think they would find it hard to argue against this woman's intelligence, work ethic and her refusal to compromise when something is important to her. If someone is still looking for inspiration, look there.

I am so proud 2 b her fan since childhood.

The Short Film is stunning, moving & inspirational on so many levels, I don't understand

people who need everything spelled out 4 them, sometimes it not even what she is saying

but the way she captures her 'experience' & surroundings in her work that moves me. It really opened

my mind when I was a teenager (BAT, SEX, the OYH video etc..). I can still feel it during the MDNA LAV performance,

or by something as trivial as watching the fucking Vogue video. It is just utterly brilliant the way this commercial global pop star

is every inch an artist.

oh, That interview is the best of career.

My mother is so gonna watch this with me when she gets back from Italy.

THE END.

:fag:

Incredible that 30 years into her career, she just gave one of the best sit down interviews she's ever given. That VICE interview is truly fantastic.

Even if there are people who don't care for the secret project film, I think they would find it hard to argue against this woman's intelligence, work ethic and her refusal to compromise when something is important to her. If someone is still looking for inspiration, look there.

Agreed. I personally found the interview more inspiring than the film. When she is on fire about something and trusting of the interviewer she gives her absolute most sincere and unguarded interviews....her energy and passion in the latest is palpable. Too bad this won't be more widely seen as it would have been if it were for a Barbara Walters Special or something....people need to hear what she has to say.

I don't mean to boast when I say this but is it just me or did she basically say that everywhere but England is shit? I DO feel so lucky to live here and I've said it umpteen times on here. I hope for wha I have to be shared across the world.

Secondly, did everybody notice that as I said she stated that this is not IN SUPPORT OF A PRODUCT. In fact, the metaphor of the artist being killed by branding is a hugely prevalent message in the film. This is a huge confession for me but I've hidden a lot of my feelings for so long. It really Fucks with my relationship at times because I don't trust anybody enough to let them know what I feel. I write a lot and I never show anybody because I'm afraid that people don't care about the things I care so deeply about. I don't want what I feel is important to be ignored...what could be more depressing? I need to raise my backbone back to what it was before certain events in my life. I need to let go.

A so called madonna fan on atrl called the film crap and said they couldn't sit through it.

I just don't understand why I go on there anymore.

And then some monsters said how amazing it was and some non-fans that don't like her music praised the film and her braveness.

Everyone has opinions, don't let it bother you, didn't M say during the movie that we have to continue with our beliefs no matter how popular or unpopular they were (or something like that)? :laugh:

Breathe, enjoy this moment and be happy.

I don't mean to boast when I say this but is it just me or did she basically say that everywhere but England is shit? I DO feel so lucky to live here and I've said it umpteen times on here. I hope for wha I have to be shared across the world.

Secondly, did everybody notice that as I said she stated that this is not IN SUPPORT OF A PRODUCT. In fact, the metaphor of the artist being killed by branding is a hugely prevalent message in the film. This is a huge confession for me but I've hidden a lot of my feelings for so long. It really Fucks with my relationship at times because I don't trust anybody enough to let them know what I feel. I write a lot and I never show anybody because I'm afraid that people don't care about the things I care so deeply about. I don't want what I feel is important to be ignored...what could be more depressing? I need to raise my backbone back to what it was before certain events in my life. I need to let go.

mhm, she was definately talking about you.

the lyrics to Between the Bars.... they get to me.

It's odd because during my teenage years I was obsessed with Elliot Smith...

I also know what the first thing I will be submitting to the website is about. :-(

I cant get over this

notice the look she gives to the person making a noise @ 10secs :lmao:

aw she seemed nervous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtNt4zYmGY&feature=youtu.be

I know it's a cover, and it's tricky to do one of a "respected artist" :huh::mellow: because people are ready with their sharp pens to write this off, but it moved me so much. very similar to what LAV/LS did to me on tour. I think it's one of my favorite performances of this woman.

England is a very advanced, peaceful, etc. place, I just kind of hate this "everywhere is shit" mentality. Just because a country has problems doesn't mean it's shit. Oppressive, corrupt governments and backwards thinking but powerful factions within countries are not entirely representative of said country. You always seem to write off every single place in this world except for England (and maybe China) because you have very unrealistic standards.

You ARE very fortunate to be able to live in a country like England, but not all of us had the luxury of simply being born in a place like that. I love you and I REALLY don't take your comments personally because I know 99% of the time people like you and me are just fucking around, but you really seem clueless and indifferent about the world and all its problems sometimes :lol:

Guest pedrohdi

This is why I feel in love with this woman 30 years ago! A visually and powerfull movie, a fantastic interview and out of this world performance. She can fill a stage just by her presence!!!!

I don't see any problem with her having made this film, distributing it the way she has, or with the repeated themes. I'm just responding to your suggestion that she's repeating many of the images/themes from the tour to reach a wider audience. It's not about living in the past. She could have streamed the tour online or, hell, posted it on YouTube. My tangential point was that I wish more of the general public could see her tours, which is where she really shines. It's been many years since CT on NBC, which was a total botch job.

The performance was great. Nice to see her singing a ballad - and live.

Regarding 1) this is true and pretty obvious to me, but she could have also broadcast the show on HBO or something like she used to. I remember when DWT was broadcast, there were billboards all over NYC. You couldn't NOT know about it, and people got together at friends' apartments who had cable/HBO to watch it.

You sound like you're stuck in 2001. Don't be Avril Lavigne.

Totally loved the interview. Its striking she doesnt get any praise for doing smth like this for free (smth she really believes in), while the fake gorgon who "hates money" is praised... We live in a fuck up world...