Embarrassing Madonna Stan Secrets

Guest Lum

As I understand it, it was like an exhibition that toured and there were photos and videos in the exhibition, and this weird backwards version of Vogue played all the time. There is also a book, which is printed on really amazing paper from what I can tell and is only a limited run of 500 copies and it's worth a fortune. And then of course it was The Beast Within as well. I think it was a sort of project. Does anyone here have the book?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, gotcha :thumbsup:

My first real job was at Dunkin Donuts, and I only applied there cuz Madonna once worked there :lol:

Guest bluejean

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, gotcha :thumbsup:/>

My first real job was at Dunkin Donuts, and I only applied there cuz Madonna once worked there :lol:/>

When I was 14 I started writing a "book of my sexual fantasies." Unfortunately my parents found it and that's how they discovered I was gay :lol:

My father said when he confronted me "I won't ever be able to look at a black man the same"

When I was 14 I started writing a "book of my sexual fantasies." Unfortunately my parents found it and that's how they discovered I was gay :lol:

My father said when he confronted me "I won't ever be able to look at a black man the same"

:shock:

Tell us more :newspaper:

Another one is I don't own any physical albums of madonna. Like none. I have MDNA in digital format but that's it :( it's because my sisters friend had all of the CDs and ID just use hers. I'm 20 now and I think I should invest in a box set

**I really enjoy listening and dancing around to the HC album.

**For many years, I never use to listen to most of her eighties tracks.

**I actually really like the One More Chance song, and I often find myself singing superstar in my head.

**I think ROL is slightly overrated by the fans, but I love the album.

**I don't like some of her behavior during the HC and MDNA eras.

:rotfl:

Can you post your book please? :1251:

What is it to be a fan - we all have different measures.

But it's almost like (for a very few fans).....I watched a video clip once and yeah, I'm the biggest fan of Madonna in the world and now camp out in forums and start retarded polls and pointless threads rather than actually bothering to delve deeper and discover all that makes her....brilliant!. I mean, how can you not have watched at least 90% of her tours. Like Skin says, it's all on YouTube. You don't have to buy/own everything. But be reasonably informed.

And then you have the other end of the spectrum with obsessive collectors, who always seem to look down their noses at you because you don't own 20 copies of some obscure alternate cover release of Dear Jessie.

I'm not handing in my fan card no matter how much LAP (and the obligatory hype that surrounds it) irritates me :p/>

P.S. don't mind me, I'm in a delicate mood :)/>

:dead:

So true.

I'm kind of in the middle.

I have all of her music (every available piece) and I've seen most of her films etc. I don't obsess over posters and album sleeves though. No matter how wonderful they can be. I'm more into her 'soul' than the superficial bits.

I've never seen any of the movies she's starred in except A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN and about half of EVITA (yes, I didnt even see the whole movie)

I dont really know why. I guess im just so used to POP STAR MADONNA. being so AMAZING that I never feel the need to see her act in movies.

Ive heard DESPERATLEY SEEKING SUSAN was a great movie. so maybe i will watch that.

ive heard all her newer movies were just BAD. so perhaps thats why I never went out of my way to watch them.....

I appreciate not everyone knows her work inside out but how can you spend hours on end discussing her on a forum and yet not have seen/heard the bare essentials (all studio albums, tours and music videos.) I just can't relate to it. Especially since its all widely available online.

Yeah lol

It isnt really embarrassing, but Lemme share this with y'all, fellow M Loons:

My friend's babysitter, Jimmy, is an old queen & a HUGE Madonna fan, so we often chat about our favorite albums, tours, songs, etc. One day, we were on the subject of Madonna, the person -vs- the persona. He was there in the beginning & said he always admired her honesty/ warmth/ vulnerability. He felt as if she sometimes she hid behind a 'celebrity mask' and he cherished the moments when she let her guard down. He said that he appreciated the real person underneath the cold, bitchy exterior.

I thought the opposite. It's the MYTH of Madonna I like more. Both sides are equally important (she, like all people, is a multi-sided person) but honestly, I prefer the caricature of Madonna; the bitch, the workaholic, the whore. This may explain why I can never really get into ROL. There's an undeniable depth to it, but I'm not here for that side of her. I'm not here for the motherless little girl from Michigan. I'm here for the performer, on & off stage. The 'superstar' alter-ego. I admire her for keeping her business private & presenting a polished product. I guess what I'm trying to say is what some HATE about her, I LOVE. What some see as fake & calculated, I see as smart & carefully planned.

Jimmy & i have not spoken since. But i Love Madonna, inside & out, and that's been proven so dont ban me. :lol:

It isnt really embarrassing, but Lemme share this with y'all, fellow M Loons:

My friend's babysitter, Jimmy, is an old queen & a HUGE Madonna fan, so we often chat about our favorite albums, tours, songs, etc. One day, we were on the subject of Madonna, the person -vs- the persona. He was there in the beginning & said he always admired her honesty/ warmth/ vulnerability. He felt as if she sometimes she hid behind a 'celebrity mask' and he cherished the moments when she let her guard down. He said that he appreciated the real person underneath the cold, bitchy exterior.

I thought the opposite. It's the MYTH of Madonna I like more. Both sides are equally important (she, like all people, is a multi-sided person) but honestly, I prefer the caricature of Madonna; the bitch, the workaholic, the whore. This may explain why I can never really get into ROL. There's an undeniable depth to it, but I'm not here for that side of her. I'm not here for the motherless little girl from Michigan. I'm here for the performer, on & off stage. The 'superstar' alter-ego. I admire her for keeping her business private & presenting a polished product. I guess what I'm trying to say is what some HATE about her, I LOVE. What some see as fake & calculated, I see as smart & carefully planned.

Jimmy & i have not spoken since. But i Love Madonna, inside & out, and that's been proven so dont ban me. :lol:/>

I personally don't think the "MYTH" of Madonna is a myth at all though. I just think that's one side of herself she chooses to let the public see. The hard as nails, doesn't take shit from anyone female warrior of pop with massive balls.

She is also human though, like you said, so of course she does have that other more vulnerable side. I think there is a part of her that is deeply wounded and a lot of that has to do with the death of her mother. I am sure other things fall into play also. She just chooses to never portray herself as a victim and harp on it all the time though.

I love both sides of her. And I think we kind of saw both sides with her documentaries. You couldn't have two more polar opposite people portrayed in each of them. I know that's why some people didn't like IGTTYAS. They wanted Truth or Dare Part 2, but to me it was Madonna showing the warmer more side of her which I loved, because it is rare.

Again this is why I REALLY hope one day she writes a full on bio which would have to be 10,000 pages long. :lol: I would like to know what was going on in her head during certain moments of her career when she was looking like the most confident person on earth, but no doubt struggled with insecurities that she would never let us know about. And even if she wrote a bio would she even then let us know about them?

Just look at the MASSIVE backlash she got during the SEX era. That had to take its toll. I couldn't imagine having the weight of that much backlash on your shoulders where you feel like everyone is clawing at you. I am sure she had her crying depressed fits about it (behind closed doors) but a reason why I love her is the fact that she never let the world know it and she didn't let it ruin her. She didn't have a mental breakdown. She didn't turn to drugs. She didn't try to kill herself. She picked herself up and kept moving full steam ahead.

I don't know. I am blabbing. :lol: Point being I love the woman of steel, and I love the vulnerable wounded side that comes out sometimes equally.

I would like to know what was going on in her head during certain moments of her career when she was looking like the most confident person on earth, but no doubt struggled with insecurities that she would never let us know about.

I am blabbing. :lol:/> Point being I love the woman of steel, and I love the vulnerable wounded side that comes out sometimes equally.

Keep blabbing, please! I, too, love both the tender and tough aspects to Madonna.

The first part I quoted above -- reminds me of that moment in Truth or Dare during "Promise to Try" (which always makes me get teary) where we know she's visiting her mother's grave, and she's singing about her mother's death, and yet we see her on stage at a huge stadium, from behind, facing the audience with her fist in the air as if she is declaring victory... It is such a provocative contrast for me... There she is, seemingly so powerful, and yet, as you said, so wounded. It makes me pensive.

I weasel Madonna into people's lives and turn them into fans all the time.

For instance my 9 year old brother today.

Mum: plastic surgery

Brother: actually it's this new thing called working out, Mum

Later after my little sisters 11th birthday party, I showed her friend BAT express yourself, MDNA express yourself and GMAYL, then the Super Bowl. Whilst watching the later:

Friend: wow she's 54 and she moves like that!

Friend: does she REALLY look like that or is she wearing that stuff that makes you look younger.

Me: what stuff :S

Friend: never mind..

My 11 year old sister: don't fuck with the queeeeen. See she can say that because she is ACTUALLY the queen.

Also I have slowly turned my new class mate into a a semi loon over this year. She's watched all the concerts, looked at the sex book, tells me every time she reads about her in the paper or records her for me if shes on tv :lol:

I weasel Madonna into people's lives and turn them into fans all the time.

For instance my 9 year old brother today.

Mum: plastic surgery

Brother: actually it's this new thing called working out, Mum

Later after my little sisters 11th birthday party, I showed her friend BAT express yourself, MDNA express yourself and GMAYL, then the Super Bowl. Whilst watching the later:

Friend: wow she's 54 and she moves like that!

Friend: does she REALLY look like that or is she wearing that stuff that makes you look younger.

Me: what stuff :S

Friend: never mind..

My 11 year old sister: don't fuck with the queeeeen. See she can say that because she is ACTUALLY the queen.

Also I have slowly turned my new class mate into a a semi loon over this year. She's watched all the concerts, looked at the sex book, tells me every time she reads about her in the paper or records her for me if shes on tv :lol:

Well done CJM. :thumbsup::clap:

I saw Sticky and Sweet live, but I never watched it again and I don't care if I ever watch it again.

Sense.

As I understand it, it was like an exhibition that toured and there were photos and videos in the exhibition, and this weird backwards version of Vogue played all the time. There is also a book, which is printed on really amazing paper from what I can tell and is only a limited run of 500 copies and it's worth a fortune. And then of course it was The Beast Within as well. I think it was a sort of project. Does anyone here have the book?

I spent a fortune on buying a sealed copy of x:P and don't want to open it but dying to have a look inside, to see what the fuss is all about the paper, it's smaller than I thought it was going to be, someone has posted shots of all the images of the book on YouTube. I'm pissed off I never saw the exhib

I personally don't think the "MYTH" of Madonna is a myth at all though. I just think that's one side of herself she chooses to let the public see. The hard as nails, doesn't take shit from anyone female warrior of pop with massive balls.

She is also human though, like you said, so of course she does have that other more vulnerable side. I think there is a part of her that is deeply wounded and a lot of that has to do with the death of her mother. I am sure other things fall into play also. She just chooses to never portray herself as a victim and harp on it all the time though.

I love both sides of her. And I think we kind of saw both sides with her documentaries. You couldn't have two more polar opposite people portrayed in each of them. I know that's why some people didn't like IGTTYAS. They wanted Truth or Dare Part 2, but to me it was Madonna showing the warmer more side of her which I loved, because it is rare.

Again this is why I REALLY hope one day she writes a full on bio which would have to be 10,000 pages long. :lol: I would like to know what was going on in her head during certain moments of her career when she was looking like the most confident person on earth, but no doubt struggled with insecurities that she would never let us know about. And even if she wrote a bio would she even then let us know about them?

Just look at the MASSIVE backlash she got during the SEX era. That had to take its toll. I couldn't imagine having the weight of that much backlash on your shoulders where you feel like everyone is clawing at you. I am sure she had her crying depressed fits about it (behind closed doors) but a reason why I love her is the fact that she never let the world know it and she didn't let it ruin her. She didn't have a mental breakdown. She didn't turn to drugs. She didn't try to kill herself. She picked herself up and kept moving full steam ahead.

I don't know. I am blabbing. :lol: Point being I love the woman of steel, and I love the vulnerable wounded side that comes out sometimes equally.

Please keep blabbing, i personally love reading such passionate posts by M fans :thumbsup:

I only became a 'stan' in late 2011 so I only have a few:

• My dad walked in on me during the night while I was lip syncing to Erotica with my black leather belt as i was recreating TGS choreography of erotica.
  • I sing Madonna songs in the shower everyday without fail. My signature songs being Into the Groove, La Isla Bonita and True Blue.
  • Whenever Cherish comes onto the radio I always do the choreography as I know the moves off by heart.
  • I had been collecting her albums and I had True Blue - Music. I couldn't be bother to find the other CDs so I just bought the Complete Studio Albums boxset.
  • I've only listened to MDNA album/songs twice fully. I don't own it so I often forget that it exists. Not that I don't like MDNA, it's just I don't have the money for it and the album on youtube isn't good quality so I basically forgot about it.
  • I've sung Open Your Heart so many times around the house that it's ingrained into my sister's brain.
  • Even though my family is indifferent towards Madonna, I often blast her concerts in the lounge room despite having my own tv in my room, in the hope that one of them may have an epiphany and become a Madonna fan.
  • Whenever I go in the car with my mother, I always play Madonna in the hope for that epiphany that Madonna is awesome.
  • The sticky & sweet is one of my favourite concerts of her's and I actually prefer it to just about all the concerts (except TGS because it's AMAZING and because the DVD was filmed in Australia.)
  • The most embarrassing of them all: I love the Erotica album so much that one hot summers night I put the album on and kind of dry humped my bed and did some BAT LAV style choreography to it. Absolutely no regrets.

Edited by VeronicaElectronica

oh my God, some answers here are simply ridiculous! I know you can be a casual fan and all that, but if you come to a forum to discuss an artist, AT LEAST listen to her albums IN FULL!

CDs, schmeedez. It's all about vinyl!

Not anymore :(/> now some cd singles are far more valuable than vinyls! for example, CAC or WTG cd singles are like 40 dollars, but vinyls are 2 dollars. And i'm talking about the 2000 reissues, not the originals!!!! It's weird how fast cds are becoming a rarity!

There are three steps that connect my kitchen to my living room. I walk up and down them and pretend I'm opening the BAT every single time. Sometimes I'm naked.

I also got all four addicted to sweat DVDs and I love them so much I could shit. Nocole Winhoffer is a total QOL.

There are three steps that connect my kitchen to my living room. I walk up and down them and pretend I'm opening the BAT every single time. Sometimes I'm naked.

I also got all four addicted to sweat DVDs and I love them so much I could shit. Nocole Winhoffer is a total QOL.

No. I changed my mind. I walk down the steps like the start of Fever on TGS and I throw my shirt on the floor because I am completely RECKLESS.

oh my God, some answers here are simply ridiculous! I know you can be a casual fan and all that, but if you come to a forum to discuss an artist, AT LEAST listen to her albums IN FULL!

Right?? I'm surprised by some answers too.

I stopped watching Swept Away, at the scene when they reach the island, grabbed the (bootleg) DVD and threw it on the garbage OUTSIDE my house. I still stand by my initial reaction :americanlife: