Embarrassing Madonna Stan Secrets

Guest Lum

I have to restrain myself from talking about M several times a day, even to my most M crazy friends, lest they kill me out of frustration.

But that said, I've never seen most of her movies, and if I have it's because they were on TV (ALOTO) or I actually always wanted to see the film anyway (Dick Tracy). And I don't think much of her output pre Like a Prayer is very special... she was, but the music not so much.

I'm never sure if I really admire her as an artist, or I'm just a rabid loon. Gaining objective distance is dificult.

If I had just one question for Madonna I would ask her "Do you know how to contact with Jose & Luis to ask them for the complete lyrics of "Queen's English"? Yeah, I'm obsessed with her lyrics and fans never want to help :(

I like "Shanghái surprise", "Jimmy Jimmy" and "Shoo-bee-doo" and I hate "Live to tell" (specially since the "Who's that girl tour") and Take a bow

I have to say i'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't like some of her most iconic songs, i feel less alone now :dramatic:/>

Satan created us and the loath for iconic songs gathers us together....

I'll be slit my throat after saying this but I just checked my top Madonna songs and Vogue, LAP, LAV,MG,CFY,Holiday,EYS, WTG? don't make not even my Top 150...lol...shhhhh...don't spread the word!!! :hornybig:/>

Satan created us and the loath for iconic songs gathers us together....

I'll be slit my throat after saying this but I just checked my top Madonna songs and Vogue, LAP, LAV,MG,CFY,Holiday,EYS, WTG? don't make not even my Top 150...lol...shhhhh...don't spread the word!!! :hornybig:/>

Don't worry, i won't tell anyone :hornybig:

i barely own any of her albums.. i illegally download them all (the only official ones i got start with AL..)

i probably have every existing MDNA live taping on my iPhone and listen to it more than her actual albums..

the first madonna "album" i got was Evita. thanks to an uncle. again: I didn't purchase anything. second is the frozen single for like a few cents at a market.

I absolutely hate it when people speak badly about her - however I rarely ever defend her aside from a simple "well you can't really know that" comment to a family member suggesting M doesn't see her own kids a lot when touring (which is hypocritical as he's the biggest coldplay and U2 fan and they got kids, but since they are men it's not an issue.).

but mostly I just let them talk. I also seem to be attracted to mostly M haters for some very bizarre reason. I don't like it that they don't like her, but I don't really let them know.

I hate the song like a virgin with a passion. however I love the live versions.

I find most of her non-singles much better

I only started liking express yourself after the btw drama.

I hate it when people hate rescue me. lyrically wise, it's like THE signature madonna song because it explains her so perfectly. like a more passionate human nature.

I've only worn a Madonna t shirt on her concerts..

I've only listened to I'm Breathless (in full) ONE time a few months ago for the very first time.

I haven't seen the girlie show in full.

I haven't seen the virgin tour in full.

I haven't seen 99% of the who's that girl tour.

1. I wouldn't wear a Madonna t-shit in public either (any concert shirt for that matter)

2. I really think she's a terrible actress in most of her films

3. Sometimes I'm a closet fan to certain people, only because constantly defending her can be tiresome

That's it. She's near perfect in my eyes.

I have been an avid collector for 30 years. I still have every concert ticket stub. I listen to her music every day. And I'll love her forever!!

I know, I suck! I can't even think about it.

Well, get this: I moved abroad and I left behind 3 huge boxes full of my Madonna collection and I lost them. I have NO IDEA where I left those three boxes. It's been almost 5 years. They're gone forever :'(

No wonder Madonna doesn't care to push her albums anymore and just focuses on her tours.

Even a bunch of her die hard fans don't even bother to legally purchase her albums anymore. Its a lost cause.

MadonnaCriesOprah2.gif

Well, get this: I moved abroad and I left behind 3 huge boxes full of my Madonna collection and I lost them. I have NO IDEA where I left those three boxes. It's been almost 5 years. They're gone forever :'(

Oh, I'm so sorry. I have half my collection in the US and half in London. I can't wait to get it all together - but, I'm afraid they'll get lost in shipping.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I have half my collection in the US and half in London. I can't wait to get it all together - but, I'm afraid they'll get lost in shipping.

CARRY ON LUGGAGE! :lol:

Will do. It will take a couple trips though. I can imagine having my luggage checked by security. They'd see all my Madonna stuff and I'd be an embarrassed Madonna fan then.

I don't own a lot of Madonna stuff which I guess could make me a flop fan. I used to own a bunch of calendars and magazines but I hate clutter, and it was starting to look like clutter so I tossed them a long time ago.

As of right now I just own all her albums. A handful of maxi singles. Her tour books from the shows I have been to (which I will never get rid of) and these pictures on one of my walls. That's it.

36b38e31-8670-4c2e-93b2-139ff060b2f9_zps5b03bbca.jpg

I own a poster that luckily came in a used copy of Celebration :D

*Edit

Now that I think about it, all of my Madonna CDs/DVDs are used except for the Immaculate Collection (which I got at Walmart for $9). Everything else was from thrift stores/used record stores.

No wonder Madonna doesn't care to push her albums anymore and just focuses on her tours.

Even a bunch of her die hard fans don't even bother to legally purchase her albums anymore. Its a lost cause.

MadonnaCriesOprah2.gif

well as I said since AL I bought everything legally. so I'm maybe not as bad as some others :lmao:/> (like how a fan is too lazy to even watch her amazing superbowl performance - not even being curious about the opening - that I can't understand lol)

I'm just not much of a collector in general.

a fan offered me free posters and I politely declined because I know I probably wouldn't hang them on my wall. I mean Im not a kid anymore ;)/> another fan would probably be much happier with it.

another stan secret:

when the tarraborrelli madonna biography came out I got it at a discount via a newspaper (I know Im horrible! even a biography via a discount! :lmao:/>) I used to take it everywhere and read it all the time.later I found out liz rosenberg didn't like him & the bio at all. but I still love it.

that said, i still have my golden triangle bracelet from the MDNA tour last year, and I kept some of the SS tour for about 2 years as well. Plus I have some original tickets from RIT, confessions, SS, etc.. ;) so when it comes to personal memories I do save everything I can keep.