Embarrassing Madonna Stan Secrets

Guest Lum

Oh yes! I do own some Madonna bios and that one big coffee table book that came out a few years ago which was a good buy.

yeah I even own the cuntopher one to tell you the truth ;) I've noticed that even a lot of non-fans have at least one biography about her. I guess after all those years she's still mysterious and people just wanna really "know" her or something.

As a fan, it's embarrassing that: I never watched WTG tour all the way; I've had the most sex listening to ROL; I like the TIC versions of Holiday, LAP and EY almost as much if not more than the originals; I used to hate Oh Father; I don't really care for LAV, the song; I bought the edited MDNA from Wal-Mart; my first live experience with M was a letdown (DWT) but she redeemed herself with CT; I could not finish watching Shanghai Surprise, I was embarrassed for her; I thought she looked hideous in the D&D video; I like OMC; I thought she looked awful as a young Eva but she was everything as adult Evita; I don't really care for TLOL... I think that's all I would be embarrassed to admit.

What is it to be a fan - we all have different measures.

But it's almost like (for a very few fans).....I watched a video clip once and yeah, I'm the biggest fan of Madonna in the world and now camp out in forums and start retarded polls and pointless threads rather than actually bothering to delve deeper and discover all that makes her....brilliant!. I mean, how can you not have watched at least 90% of her tours. Like Skin says, it's all on YouTube. You don't have to buy/own everything. But be reasonably informed.

And then you have the other end of the spectrum with obsessive collectors, who always seem to look down their noses at you because you don't own 20 copies of some obscure alternate cover release of Dear Jessie.

I'm not handing in my fan card no matter how much LAP (and the obligatory hype that surrounds it) irritates me :p

P.S. don't mind me, I'm in a delicate mood :)

- Never watched any of her movies (except the docs,of course) and I don't miss it .

- I only really like the MDNA version of Like a Virgin. I still don't know all the lyrics.

- I never listened Spotlight

- I hate Music (song)

- Didn't feel anything special seeing her live. Amazing and unforgettable show, but I just couldn't relate the person in my front to the Woman.

- I hate RIT because I think she looks too cold and bored on the footage

- I like Incredible

i don't like 80'sdonna :madgemanson:/>

Madonna is to be celebrated in EVERY decade. Who else has been this spectacular, beautiful, talented and inspirational for 4 decades. Love her from the 80's right through to now.

80's Madonna

blue_madonna.jpg

90's Madonna

madonna___ray_of_light_by_jonatasciccone-d5si9l4.png

2000's Madonna

Madonna-Confessions-On-A-Dance-Floor-Photoshoot-madonna-19706633-544-700.jpg

Madonna in this decade

madonna-mdna-tour-heels.jpg?w=529

- The Next Best Thing made me a Madonna fan (because of American Pie playing in the credits...and then i explored all her discography back in 2004)

- Didn't saw her movies except The Next Best Thing, Swept Away, Dick Tracy and Die Another Day (not because of Madonna). Yeah, never saw Evita.

- I also wouldn't wear a Madonna Tshirt in public.

- Never listened to Can't Stop from Who's That Girl (album).

- Only listened to You Can Dance (album) once and never again. Can't even remember how Spotlight sounds like!

- Only have one physical single...and it's Sorry.

- Never saw the recordings for The Virgin Tour or Who's That Girl Tour.

- I think Rainbow High and More are her top vocal performances (followed by Ray Of Light).

- I think The Re-Invention Tour is terribly underrated, and it was the last tour she cared about the music first and the visuals after. It was also all about her...after that, the dancers started to have more and more spotlight and i don't really care about them. (the first section alone it was all about Madonna...from that entrance to Frozen).

- 90's Madonna >>>>>> 00's Madonna >>>>>> 80's Madonna

- Like A Virgin, Everybody, Who's That Girl are shit songs.

- Her worst video is True Blue.

- Her worst album is Like A Virgin.

- I think 80's Madonna is terribly overrated, and i hate how her stans try to talk about that Madonna as everything she did back then was sacred and perfect, and how it's "cool" to criticize everything she does now...but they still go and see her live, and buy her stuff only to criticize her more later.

- The Confessions Tour = Perfection and her best tour; Sticky & Sweet was the perfect balance between hits and new songs; Blond Ambition Tour has some of the worst Madonna moments on tour EVER (and some of the best also...but that's not embarrassing to say).

- Only started appreciating Drowned World Tour this year (shame on me! LOL)

- Never saw her Sex book...never had one in my hands, or a digital copy of it.

But it's almost like (for a very few fans).....I watched a video clip once and yeah, I'm the biggest fan of Madonna in the world and now camp out in forums and start retarded polls and pointless threads rather than actually bothering to delve deeper and discover all that makes her....brilliant!. I mean, how can you not have watched at least 90% of her tours. Like Skin says, it's all on YouTube. You don't have to buy/own everything. But be reasonably informed.

And then you have the other end of the spectrum with obsessive collectors, who always seem to look down their noses at you because you don't own 20 copies of some obscure alternate cover release of Dear Jessie.

I'm not handing in my fan card no matter how much LAP (and the obligatory hype that surrounds it) irritates me :p/>

P.S. don't mind me, I'm in a delicate mood :)/>

Queen! :clap:

Queen! :clap:
Let's not turn this into the "unpopular madonna opinions" thread, okay guys?

:lmao: what the fuck is going on around here lately

What is it to be a fan - we all have different measures. But it's almost like (for a very few fans).....I watched a video clip once and yeah, I'm the biggest fan of Madonna in the world and now camp out in forums and start retarded polls and pointless threads rather than actually bothering to delve deeper and discover all that makes her....brilliant!. I mean, how can you not have watched at least 90% of her tours. Like Skin says, it's all on YouTube. You don't have to buy/own everything. But be reasonably informed. And then you have the other end of the spectrum with obsessive collectors, who always seem to look down their noses at you because you don't own 20 copies of some obscure alternate cover release of Dear Jessie. I'm not handing in my fan card no matter how much LAP (and the obligatory hype that surrounds it) irritates me :p/> P.S. don't mind me, I'm in a delicate mood :)/>
Let's not turn this into the "unpopular madonna opinions" thread, okay guys?

This and this!

Ps. San, I love you.

Madonna has so many flop fans, you would never get that from a lamb or an ugly monster:)

I will not mention tours as that is strictly Madonnas fault for ignoring Oz ( but did catch the girlie show:) have all albums, and DVDs!

My biggest repent is that I favored cyndi lauper to Madonna when they first came out ( I decided to buy she's so unusual instead of the first album with my pocket money) FORSHAME!

Some of you have a real bone to pick with M it seems :ohmy:

Reading through this, I think it's sort of a blessing in disguise that I don't have any friends that are Madonna fans (even casual). Nothing is really overrated to me because no one I know listens to her :lol: All of her songs are just for me! They only person I know who's a fan is my mom! haha I can honestly say that I don't know everything there is to know about M, which is kind of why I joined this forum. There's a wealth of knowledge here and so many brilliant posters who share the scoop with you. Remember music is music and as long as you love it, that's all that matters. Rock on folks! :headbang:

Some of the people in this thread: :angry:

Hmm I'm a relatively new loon but my most embarassing Madonna stan secrets would be that:

I regularly dance around to Madonna dvds in my underwear. I can talk about her for hours (proof: San and I sat at Pancake Parlour talking about M for over 4 hours non stop!!) I listen to her nearly everyday.

My worst offence is that nearly everyday this dialogue runs through my head while making everyday decisions: "would Madonna buy this?" "what would Madonna do?" "would Madonna wear this?" "if I met Madonna on the street would she like this outfit?" "i shouldn't eat this, M definitely wouldn't eat this." "i should take the stairs, Madonna would."

hahaha i really do look up to her :D

Hmm I'm a relatively new loon but my most embarassing Madonna stan secrets would be that:

I regularly dance around to Madonna dvds in my underwear. I can talk about her for hours (proof: San and I sat at Pancake Parlour talking about M for over 4 hours non stop!!) I listen to her nearly everyday.

My worst offence is that nearly everyday this dialogue runs through my head while making everyday decisions: "would Madonna buy this?" "what would Madonna do?" "would Madonna wear this?" "if I met Madonna on the street would she like this outfit?" "i shouldn't eat this, M definitely wouldn't eat this." "i should take the stairs, Madonna would."

Love you so much on this forum CJM. For such a young fan, you really are so passionate and know so much about Madonna.

Not really sure what xStatic Process is? A book? A photo shoot? Isn't it The Beast Within RIT Interlude in picture form? Plz explain.

As I understand it, it was like an exhibition that toured and there were photos and videos in the exhibition, and this weird backwards version of Vogue played all the time. There is also a book, which is printed on really amazing paper from what I can tell and is only a limited run of 500 copies and it's worth a fortune. And then of course it was The Beast Within as well. I think it was a sort of project. Does anyone here have the book?

I'm not handing in my fan card no matter how much LAP (and the obligatory hype that surrounds it) irritates me :p/>

P.S. don't mind me, I'm in a delicate mood :)/>

I could bang my head over some of that stuff too, but it's better to just accept everyone wherever they happen to fall on the fan spectrum and appreciate their enthusiasm... be it over having half-watched two videos on youtube or owning 500 different copies of Like A Virgin on cassette. I mean, really. It's just good to know the old girl still has so many fans the world over from different age groups all interested in her for a multitude of reasons.

It's really great to see such dedicated M fans like you :thumbsup:

Edited by madonnasuperfan01

Guest bluejean

I appreciate not everyone knows her work inside out but how can you spend hours on end discussing her on a forum and yet not have seen/heard the bare essentials (all studio albums, tours and music videos.) I just can't relate to it. Especially since its all widely available online.

I can understand younger fans not owning physical albums though. Alot of young people simply do not own CD's at all. All mine are at my parents house and if I would sell them if they were worth anything (not Madonna though obviously.) But I'd get about 10c per disc.

I appreciate not everyone knows her work inside out but how can you spend hours on end discussing her on a forum and yet not have seen/heard the bare essentials (all studio albums, tours and music videos.) I just can't relate to it. Especially since its all widely available online.

I can understand younger fans not owning physical albums though. Alot of young people simply do not own CD's at all. All mine are at my parents house and if I would sell them if they were worth anything (not Madonna though obviously.) But I'd get about 10c per disc.

It depend. I'm only 24 and i own all her physical albums.

I'm not handing in my fan card no matter how much LAP (and the obligatory hype that surrounds it) irritates me :p

P.S. don't mind me, I'm in a delicate mood :)

bravo!

Thank you madonnsuperfan and jan!

CDs, schmeedez. It's all about vinyl! Unfortunately I only self titles, like a virgin, confessions, hard candy and MDNA on vinyl :( and a few 12" and 7" that I've seen in stores over the years. I would have bought the rest recently but I'm a pov student trying to save for my America holiday!

Thanks to Matt Matt for kindly sending me some of his spare vinyls though, it really made my year last year <3

Exactly! It amazes me also when people say how dull a concert of hers is when they never actually went. They saw clips on YouTube. How can you ever get the full measure of something like her last tour by looking at a set list then watching footage on a phone of a 1 minute song?