MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray coming August 26/27

HolidayGuy

Hold up. If they are using more than one location for the DVD. Doesn't that mean the sound will be messed up? They'll be showing France as they air the Miami sound. Unless they are gonna use many different versions of sound from many shows recorded via the soundboard to cover up any flaws.

I found the sound on that DVD clip to be horrid! It is so flat. :ohmy:

They'll take the best sound from the soundboards of whatever show(s) they want, probably mix in some of the studio versions for cleaning up certain parts, and then the sound will be mixed professionally to be seamless.

With regards the filming of shows other than Miami and Paris...

When I was in Cordoba I made friends with two South American fans who had been at the Buenos Aires concerts and they told me that the DVD crew were filming at both shows there.

At the time I thought this sounded very strange - and I'd not read anything about it previously - but these fans had talked to the crew and were told it was something to do with some of the footage from Miami not being complete (or that they needed more shots etc.).

Anyway - both nights in BA the DVD crew were there to just do filming at the Gold Triangle - one night from inside the triangle and the other from just outside it. Apparently people in the triangle were apologised to, for the cameras being there (or something like that).

This would tie in with us seeing BA footage in the preview clips.

Also remember that every night of the tour was filmed with multiple HD cameras for the venue screens - and although this footage would always have been from fixed / hand-held cameras for closeup shots only (so people further back in the venues could see things) - all of that stuff would have been available to use during production of the DVD I would have thought.

After we discovered that shots from RiT Lisbon (filmed HDTV) were slotted into IGTTYAS Vogue Paris footage (filmed 35mm) - nothing would surprise me. If Madonna / the producers liked a particular shot from any footage or felt it worked best, I think they'd use it.

After we discovered that shots from RiT Lisbon (filmed HDTV) were slotted into IGTTYAS Vogue Paris footage (filmed 35mm) - nothing would surprise me.

This is news to me. Flop fan that I am! Elaborate please, my dear?

When the RIT Lisbon footage leaked a couple of years ago someone noticed that shots from Vogue were identical to IGTTYAS Paris footage (except they had been recoloured for the Paris footage).

Absolutely shocking!!!

IGTTYAS Paris concert footage was shot with 35mm movie cameras by a crew under Jonas Ackerlund's direction.

RiT Lisbon was shot with HDTV cameras under direction of Christian Lamb - but clearly for some reason the Paris shot of this part of Vogue wasn't considered as good as the Lisbon shot - so they swapped it for the movie!

rittj.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: The MDNA Tour to be released on DVD and Blu-Ray in August 2013

There has been a lot of speculation on the release date of the MDNA Tour.

We at Madonnarama just heard that a date has finally been chosen!

According to our source, the MDNA Tour has a tentative release date of
August 26th internationally and August 27th in the USA/Canada.

It’s also confirmed that it will be released both on
DVD and Blu-Ray!

Note that this a tentative release date and subject to change.

Stay tuned for more exciting info…

While many websites and forums might reproduce this news, remember you read it first at Madonnarama.com!

Read more: http://www.madonnara.../#ixzz2VHcHhGYX

GOOD! Oh, can somebody change the title of the thread so people know the date without having to read the whole thread?????

I noticed it only after the rough cut of the Lisbon DVD had leaked, but I'm surprised no one noticed it when IGTTYAS was released.

After all, the gold corset used in Lisbon was noticeably different from the lilac one used in Paris.

They didn't even bother recolouring the beads in the Lisbon footage used in IGTTYAS!

Lilac corset:

london01.jpg

Gold:

arnhem_00.jpg

Does anyone know exactly why the RIT from Lisbon was not released?

I've heard that it was because she didn't like any of the camera angles (and I will admit, it was very poorly shot). And it wasn't shot over two nights? Just one? (it seems like this issue was what moved her to the style she does now - the more 'movie/film' like edit shot over multiple nights ala TOD).

I've heard that it was because she didn't like any of the camera angles (and I will admit, it was very poorly shot). And it wasn't shot over two nights? Just one? (it seems like this issue was what moved her to the style she does now - the more 'movie/film' like edit shot over multiple nights ala TOD).

I think is purely market issues. If she released the show nobody would watch IGTTYAS.

She didnt realised BAT

It is same concept. Fans got it anyway but not in HD. I think DAD desereved to be recorded for DVD IGTTYAS it has great coreography, but what the hell.

i cant wait this dvd. It will be everything!

I think is purely market issues. If she released the show nobody would watch IGTTYAS.

We can forgive her with TOD and BAT, but with IGTTYAS... that docu was to be the worst thing in her entire career. Thank God that the show leaked years later.

Both Lisbon shows were shot for the DVD release, directed by Christian Lamb, who was also live video director on the tour, i.e. he directed the footage shot for the in-house screens, some of which was supposed to be re-used for the DVD. However, Madonna wasn't pleased with the footage and, therefore, the DVD release was eventually cancelled.

I can see why. After all, the footage filmed in Paris by Jonas Ã…kerlund and his crew looks so much better. Unfortunately, Jonas' crew didn't film the whole show - they shot only the 10 or so songs that ended up in the actual film.

However, the tour DVDs for The Girlie Show and the Drowned World Tour each featured footage from one night only.

Anyhoo sometimes multiple filmed shows work.

REM's Monster tour was released with a variety of footage even The band wearing different outfits and different shots of a different arena and it worked splendidly

The Virgin Tour uses footage from 2 shows, Ciao Italia from 3 shows, same with the Truth or Dare songs, The Confessions Tour uses footage from 2 shows and a dress rehearsal if i recall correctly, and S&S uses footage from 4 shows.

But this is the first time since the Ciao Italia release that she will be using footage from diffeent venues.

Both Lisbon shows were shot for the DVD release, directed by Christian Lamb, who was also live video director on the tour, i.e. he directed the footage shot for the in-house screens, some of which was supposed to be re-used for the DVD. However, Madonna wasn't pleased with the footage and, therefore, the DVD release was eventually cancelled.

I can see why. After all, the footage filmed in Paris by Jonas Ã…kerlund and his crew looks so much better. Unfortunately, Jonas' crew didn't film the whole show - they shot only the 10 or so songs that ended up in the actual film.

However, the tour DVDs for The Girlie Show and the Drowned World Tour each featured footage from one night only.

But we don't really know if that's the case. Confessions was already well underway when IGTTYAS was released.

I'd say it's more likely she moved on. And RIT Lisbon was already in The Warner Fall catalogue. I doubt it would b canceled

that far in the game due 2 her not liking the footage.

Madonna wasn't pleased with the footage and, therefore, the DVD release was eventually cancelled.

I can see why. After all, the footage filmed in Paris by Jonas Ã…kerlund and his crew looks so much better.

I read somewhere that Madonna was happy with the footage but the whole project had been organised by Caresse Henry and once Madonna split with her, there would have been too much red tape involved to get the DVD released. Plus I think there might have been a clause in the IGTYAS contract preventing a "rival" concert DVD from being released until a certain amount of time had passed, and by that point nobody really cared about the Re-Invention Tour any more.

I actually prefer the style of the leaked footage because it feels a lot more real and live, and it gives you a better sense of being there. Any flaws are probably down to the fact that it was a rough edit and not finished. I'm not fond of Jonas Ã…kerlund's directing style, with all the fast edits, slow motion, and screen graphics plastered all over the screen, not to mention the fake-sounding retouched vocals. It makes for a flashy music video - and it was fine as part of the IGTYAS movie - but it doesn't really document the actual concert. I really agree with this quote from Pitchfork's review of the Confessions DVD, for example:

Ã…kerlund gives you everything you don't want from a concert film: incessant quick cuts that you give you no sense of space or stage, overdubbed music and vocals that give you no sense of performance, and only a few shots of the audience to gauge their excitement.

Guest groovyguy

http://kempiredaily.com/madonna-announces-new-tv-concert-special-mdna-tour-dvd

Madonna Announces New TV Concert Special & ‘MDNA Tour’ DVD

...set to debut the ‘MDNA Tour’ in HD quality on June 22nd at 8pm ET on EPIX. Following the EPIX airing, the official ‘MDNA Tour’ DVD is slated to be released on August 26th with a boatload of behind-the-scenes footage and special features.

---------------------------

Hope it's true!

Chris Lamb has always been involved with Madonna projects as production manager, he is not a director. The taping of RIT for the dvd was commissioned to British director Hamish Hamilton who had previously worked with Madonna on DWT. Apparently Madonna didn't like the results and decided to scrap the release of the Lisbon show on dvd, even refusing to pay his $350,000 fee. Hamilton filed a lawsuit against her. They later came to an agreement and eventually ended up collaborating again on the Super Bowl broadcast, almost 8 years later

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/63171/madonna-sued-over-euro-tv-show

British director Hamish Hamilton and his companies filed suit Wednesday (April 20) against Madonna and her Tadpole Film Inc., seeking more than $330,000 in unpaid compensation and expenses related to the 2004 "Re-Invention Tour." The complaint, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, alleges that Hamilton entered into oral agreements with Madonna to produce and direct a European television program based on her tour.

The complaint says that Hamilton performed significant services for Madonna in the summer of 2004, including filming her dress rehearsal and shows in Manchester and London.

But the leaked footage was from Lisbon. Was that not intended for the DVD then?

http://kempiredaily....l-mdna-tour-dvd

Madonna Announces New TV Concert Special & ‘MDNA Tour’ DVD

...set to debut the ‘MDNA Tour’ in HD quality on June 22nd at 8pm ET on EPIX. Following the EPIX airing, the official ‘MDNA Tour’ DVD is slated to be released on August 26th with a boatload of behind-the-scenes footage and special features.

---------------------------

Hope it's true!

That would be so amazing :inlove:

So contract issues...liking the footage, but a broken business arrangement...not liking the footage... what is it?

Also, was IGTTYAS planned all along...or did she decide to do that after scrapping the tour film? Because it seemed like all things were planned for the actual show to be released in full all along until the above issues came up. Were we possibly getting both a tour film and a docu, or did the latter come up as an option after?

They started filming the docu in the early stages of the tour with M and Stuart working on the songs, as shown in the film, so it's pretty evident that it was planned all along.

They started filming the docu in the early stages of the tour with M and Stuart working on the songs, as shown in the film, so it's pretty evident that it was planned all along.

I've always thought that...but then again, it seems she always has some sort of docu crew filming her...even if we only get a short DVD bonus feature 'behind the scenes' docu. So, that's why I'm still wondering. Was the decision to go full documentary an early one, planned all along...or a slightly later one...or one arising from her dislike (or whatever other reasons) of the filmed show?

If it was planned all along, we were possibly getting both, as it seemed the plans were for the whole show to get some sort of release (with the filmed work from Hamilton).

Well the fact that it was filmed in 35mm and with Jonas behind it, I think it's safe to say that it was going to be a full length film from the beginning.

Guest Not4Pussies

Guy O just tweeted about a NYC premiere, is he talking about the MDNA tour premiering at a cinema? U lucky new yorkers