MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray coming August 26/27

HolidayGuy

There seem to be many reasons why RIT never got a DVD release.

I don't think it is coincidence that IGTTYAS was made at the same time.

Despite Blond ambition being a pinnacle of her career it hasn't been released on DVD despite ample opportunity. It could have made it VHS easily in the 90s after the laser disc market sunk.

Perhaps Madonna feels ToD and IGTTYAS represent what was good about both tours better than a straight concert DVD.

As a perfectionist I think she may dislike her vocals on the Nice BA gig and that she dislikes RIT full-stop as it was a bit of a compromise tour to follow up the poorly received AL material.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!!!!: MDNA Tour to be released On DVD & Blu-Ray August 27 (US) / August 26 (global) June 6, 2013 - Los Angeles - Madonna's groundbreaking, critically acclaimed, controversial and visually stunning MDNA concert will be available in the US on August 27th (August 26th globally), it was announced today by Universal Music. The two hour MDNA extravaganza was the most successful tour of 2012. Presented by Live Nation Global Touring, the tour included 88 sold out shows in 29 countries. Madonna and her ten member band lead by musical director Kevin Antunes and troupe of 25 dancers performed a wild two hour spectacle that fascinated, enthralled and entertained 2.2 million fans. "Madonna spent six months personally editing the video footage from 30 cameras and many different shows to put together the MDNA DVD. Her attention to every frame, every detail and nuance and total commitment to show her creative vision has been done to perfection. Each song is like a short movie. One minute you are in an action movie and the next you're at a golden era musical before shooting across to India and back for a house party to finish. It's better than any 3-D Imax movie out there and at a break neck pace that would make any Olympian struggle for breath," commented the show's co- director and supervising editor, Danny B. Tull. Songs included "Girl Gone Wild" and "Gang Bang" from Madonna's MDNA CD which debuted at No. 1 in 35 countries as well as fan favorite classic Madonna songs such as "Hung Up", "Express Yourself," "Vogue," "Open Your Heart," "Like A Prayer" and "Celebration". "My show is a journey.. the journey of a soul from darkness to light. It is part cinematic musical theatre, part spectacle and sometimes intimate performance art. I know people can relate to it. It's very important to me as an artist that my show not be taken out of context. It must be watched with an open heart from beginning to end.. I am sure if it is viewed this way, the viewer will walk away feeling inspired, invigorated and will want to make the world a better place.. And this of course is my intention," remarked Madonna in her manifesto about the show. Amongst the glowing reviews, the Daily Mail raved, "The queen of pop's latest album MDNA provided the bedrock for a two hour show that sent out a powerful message to any young pretenders eyeing up her crown.. She remains one of the greats." "Madonna's sold-out concert was a jaw-dropping sequence of stunningly designed set pieces; including an aeriel drum crops, a battalion of dazzling dancers, an explosively bloody gangster fantasy and a surreal spiritual voyage," remarked The Miami Herald. "The Material Girl proceeds to take us through a song cycle that examined sex, liberation, sin , empowerment, love, addiction, rebellion and finally redemption.. She did it all in classic Madonna style - controversial and eye-popping," commented The Dallas Morning News. The MDNA DVD was directed by Danny B. Tull and Stephane Sennour and was produced by Madonna Executive producers: Arthur Fogel , Guy Oseary and Sara Zambreno. Tour wardrobe was created by Arianne Phillips. Supervising Editor Danny B. Tull. Director of Photography Mark Ritchie. Source: http://www.madonna.com/news/title/mdna-tour-to-be-released-on-dvd-bluray-august-27-us-august-26-internationally

Still no cover though, maybe we will get it in the next few days. EXCITED!!!!

Guest groovyguy

... The two hour MDNA extravaganza ...

:clap:

"Madonna spent six months personally editing the video footage from 30 cameras and many different shows to put together the MDNA DVD. Her attention to every frame, every detail and nuance and total commitment to show her creative vision has been done to perfection. Each song is like a short movie. One minute you are in an action movie and the next you're at a golden era musical before shooting across to India and back for a house party to finish. It's better than any 3-D Imax movie out there and at a break neck pace that would make any Olympian struggle for breath," commented the show's co- director and supervising editor, Danny B. Tull.

Can't wait to see how it turns out! Am sure it's gonna be mind-blowing.

Guest groovyguy

"Madonna spent six months personally editing the video footage from 30 cameras and many different shows to put together the MDNA DVD. Her attention to every frame, every detail and nuance and total commitment to show her creative vision has been done to perfection"

It's not LIVE from Miami.

"Madonna spent six months personally editing the video footage from 30 cameras and many different shows to put together the MDNA DVD."

So it's true, no Live in Miami this time.... It's Live in WORLD :wow:

I'm wondering if Madonna's time as a legit film director has given her a new perspective on filming and editing these concert films. Sure, she's done it so many times, but the quality of this, and the style, looks unprecedented...while previous tour films (while great, and all different) seemed to be more in the hands of who she hired.

And as for the Re-Invention discussion, thanks for the info Msig!!! I appreciate it. Regardless of whether it's rumor or educated guesses, it at least gives some of us who didn't know what was going on at the time a bit more of a frame work to understand things. (And I don't think it was fair for people to be ganging up on you. No one knows the exact reason anyway).

Guest Not4Pussies

And no mention of a dvd/cd release! Good! Those cd's were useless and contractual agreements to fulfill her contract with warner. The audio will leak anyway once someone rips it.

Of course the acclaimed THE GIRLIE SHOW LIVE DOWN UNDER was actually the standby show

And it remains to this day the best concert video she has EVER released!

So it's true, no Live in Miami this time.... It's Live in WORLD :wow:

Thank god there's no truth in that "Live from the sunshine state" rumour, when I heard that I literally wanted to die :rotfl:

They'll take the best sound from the soundboards of whatever show(s) they want, probably mix in some of the studio versions for cleaning up certain parts, and then the sound will be mixed professionally to be seamless.

Sounds good, but the GMAYL clip looks like she is lip syncing in some parts, from how the audio is done. I was at the concert and she did not lip sync 99% of the show, from what I could see. And they even zoomed in on her mouth via the screens.

Anyhow...hope the official DVD doesn't have strange sound like S&S which was basically the studio versions dubbed over the DVD. Since M personally edited this and she did direct W.E. So I have a lot of faith in this release.

Guest Rachelle of London

Sounds good, but the GMAYL clip looks like she is lip syncing in some parts, from how the audio is done. I was at the concert and she did not lip sync 99% of the show, from what I could see. And they even zoomed in on her mouth via the screens.

Anyhow...hope the official DVD doesn't have strange sound like S&S which was basically the studio versions dubbed over the DVD. Since M personally edited this and she did direct W.E. So I have a lot of faith in this release.

But GMAYL was always lipped. I hope they dont dub the vocals on the live performances. her vocals were perfect on the tour

And as for the Re-Invention discussion, thanks for the info Msig!!! I appreciate it. Regardless of whether it's rumor or educated guesses, it at least gives some of us who didn't know what was going on at the time a bit more of a frame work to understand things. (And I don't think it was fair for people to be ganging up on you. No one knows the exact reason anyway).

Um, like you said, it's called having a discussion - it helps stop uninformed opinions getting taken as cold hard fact.

I don't believe for a minute Madonna decided she just didn't like the look of footage or some such shite. She said herself in Advocate(?) that they were waiting for IGTTYAS's exclusivity to run out before they released the full concert. Then other things got in the way. Personally I suspect it had something to do with some sort of rights issue preventing it's release with Caresse Henry's (who was down as producer of the thing) firing/downfall/eventual suicide.

Guest Rachelle of London

I hate the way she used to do the whole "We gotta TAAAANN AAAAP THAT RAAAEEEYYYDDEEOOOO" during the gigs. It was a bit scary and awful. :shy:

Nothings worse than "I dont even feel the PRESSHHHHHARRRGGHHHHHH" during I Dont Give A! Now that was SCARY

It was Attitude magazine.

Oh of course. That was a great interview with the guy asking all the real fan questions about boxsets remasters etc with Madge being typically clueless about her musical legacy as per.