MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray coming August 26/27

HolidayGuy

^^^ and in the meantime people will rip it off from the Epix showing and it will be all over youtube and such.

If it's ready, release it once it's shown on Epix. I doubt it makes a big difference if the release date is in June or September. It's a fucking concert DVD. It's not going to be a blockbuster anyway. Otherwise why not wait for Christmas? This is torture.

^^^ and in the meantime people will rip it off from the Epix showing and it will be all over youtube and such.

If it's ready, release it once it's shown on Epix. I doubt it makes a big difference if the release date is in June or September. It's a fucking concert DVD. It's not going to be a blockbuster anyway. Otherwise why not wait for Christmas? This is torture.

:lol:

I get what you mean but the show is getting multiple broadcasts on several international networks in the three months preceding the home video release. She usually makes between $15 and $20m from dvd licensing deals so there's a reason for this arrangement and in the end who cares, we know no matter how many youtube views or semi-illicit EPIX version downloads the fans are going to flock to get the DVD/Blu-Ray

All her recent concert taping dvd/cd digipack combo have had pretty decent figures considering they're just music dvds

She announced that the Dvd and Blu Ray will be out in September

All part of the EXTRA Interview

My first M Blu Ray :dramatic:

You don't own Sticky? Not even ToD?

I just downloaded the bpproductions edit and will have that till June 22. We'll have the epixHD edit till September.

Whats the bpp edit????????????????????????

You don't own Sticky? Not even ToD?

I've bought a home theatre Blu-Ray set only now and when S&S came out 3 years ago I had already seen it like 3 million times between youtube clips, the Sky1 rip and the dvds so I didn't bother but I will make up for lost time now, after having first deflowered my set with this 2012 masterpiece

I think we have several of her movies on Blu-Ray now, aside from Sticky, and the GS was listed on the Blu-Ray site as a 2013 release

Oh the fan made stuff, never mind...

Never mind!? Oh so you can wait from now till September just cause its fanmade! This is the best fanmade edit. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you rethink your comment! Lol

lol I've seen it. It's only good because of the cameras they used and the speed the shot it in. But I've never been a big fan of the fan made edits. The editing is too quick. I prefer something professionally made.

I had a feeling all along it was going to be released in September. It didn't make any sense to me to release it a month after it's TV broadcast, people would have just skipped the premiere and just wait a month for the DVD. They have to promote the EPIX broadcast, then promote the DVD.

All that this means is that we'll be seeing a lot of Madonna during the next 5 months!

EPIX isn't a huge channel, though- though it may have some sort of exclusivity rights to it for a few months.

I'm sure it will be available on OnDemand sometime after it's Epix premiere.

well let's hope we don't have to wait till september for secret project

teasing about it for 5 months and then when the date comes poof it's gone

EPIX isn't a huge channel, though- though it may have some sort of exclusivity rights to it for a few months.

Yep. EPIX is only carried by one of the big four US cable providers, and then a bunch of smaller ones. Comcast, Time Warner, DirectTV, etc. refuse to carry it.

HBO would have been much better...but they seem to have stopped airing concert specials like they used to. Fuck.

ps. As long as someone rips the video and the audio (separately) in HD quality (and AAC itunes/or MP3 320) to upload right away (which I am sure someone will), then I'm good.

I want that HQ audio. NOW.

Yep. EPIX is only carried by one of the big four US cable providers, and then a bunch of smaller ones. Comcast, Time Warner, DirectTV, etc. refuse to carry it.

HBO would have been much better...but they seem to have stopped airing concert specials like they used to. Fuck.

ps. As long as someone rips the video and the audio (separately) in HD quality (and AAC itunes/or MP3 320) to upload right away (which I am sure someone will), then I'm good.

I want that HQ audio. NOW.

Arn't you in the US? Watch it off their site in HD!

Also, I noticed they used Olympia footage at Open Your Heart too when she's dancing with the dancer right on the runaway.

Which made me think. How would they make a continuity if they change the stage like that?

So I thought maybe she will include Olympia in the dvd as a bonus and they used both of them to make the trailer.

But Im very sure they will use the two pants in the first section. There's a part of Gang Bang in the trailer that you can notice they change the pants in two consecutives moments of the performance. Idk If you can understand what Im trying to say..

ps: i know there's a lot of people here that dont care about that, so you dont need to keep saying. there are people who are concerned if this will distract them while watching it. I dont know yet how I will feel because I need to watch the whole damn thing to make my judgment. we are just discussing the possibilities, no need to throw rocks.

They surely had their biggest documentary audience EVER by showing that Beyonce documentary... I know, not the same as a concert. Are they that strict? I bet this could've done well, and it's more a movie than it is a concert anyway.

It would've been nice to have been able to buy the dvd on itunes, at least - it's country specific, which means they could've still aired it at different times throughout the summer in different markets.

They surely had their biggest documentary audience EVER by showing that Beyonce documentary... I know, not the same as a concert. Are they that strict? I bet this could've done well, and it's more a movie than it is a concert anyway.

I guess the Beyonce thing was kind of an exception.

But as for full length concert specials/films... that used to be a standard on HBO (remember how big those events were)...I haven't seen them do those in years. And I miss them. (And partly because I actually get HBO vs. these other premium channels).

Gaga was on HBO, and that was promoted pretty heavily in the US. I can't think of any other concerts they have aired after that. If they did, it was most likely a heritage act band.