MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray coming August 26/27

HolidayGuy

I had a feeling all along it was going to be released in September. It didn't make any sense to me to release it a month after it's TV broadcast, people would have just skipped the premiere and just wait a month for the DVD. They have to promote the EPIX broadcast, then promote the DVD.

That and I am sure that Live Nation/Universal (who I assume will be releasing it), would prefer to have it come out during the final months of the year when sales are higher. I kind of wish they would do it with a live album just so we could see more transparency of its performance on the various worldwide album charts. Music DVD charts seem a little hard to find.

Guest bluejean
That and I am sure that Live Nation/Universal (who I assume will be releasing it), would prefer to have it come out during the final months of the year when sales are higher. I kind of wish they would do it with a live album just so we could see more transparency of its performance on the various worldwide album charts. Music DVD charts seem a little hard to find.
That's why I'm all for the live CD. Stores will have it on stock in both the DVD and CD isles.

Wait, so did they say we're not getting a CD this time??

Personally I hope we don't. Trying to cut the tracklisting of this down to 1 disc would be impossible, so many good songs will get cut it's not worth it. Unless they put the whole show over 2 discs.

Great!

The opening shot is from a stadium show.

The shots at 0:04 and 0:07 are from Miami.

So I think that close-ups and shots in which you can't see much of the audience, apart from the ones in the Golden Triangle, are from Miami, with wide shots being from other locations

Great!

The opening shot is from a stadium show.

The shots at 0:04 and 0:07 are from Miami.

So I think that close-ups and shots in which you can't see much of the audience, apart from the ones in the Golden Triangle, are from Miami, with wide shots being from other locations

Those infamous empty seats are there! Ugh!

It just hit me that if she's using Paris footage we might get a nipple flash on the official recording!

But where else did they actually film the shows? Wasn't it ONLY Paris and Miami? We would've read reports of flying cameras!

And does anybody know why there were no screens at the Miami show?

But where else did they actually film the shows? Wasn't it ONLY Paris and Miami? We would've read reports of flying cameras!

I think there was no screens because there was already too much cameras in the arena ,

One thing they did was to light up the arena , it wasnt dark at all

You mean the big vertical side screens? Those were only in stadium shows when they have to build the big proscenium. In arena shows, like Miami, they would normally just use the smaller horizontal screens placed higher up to the sides...but not sure if they even put those up for Miami.

You can definitely tell when the stadium shows vs. arena shots are used if you see those side screens, the audience looks like a bigger sea of black, and the top row of horizontal lights going across the proscenium are there, as that was the stadium setup.

Wait, so did they say we're not getting a CD this time??

Personally I hope we don't. Trying to cut the tracklisting of this down to 1 disc would be impossible, so many good songs will get cut it's not worth it. Unless they put the whole show over 2 discs.

I don't understand why they don't release a complete digital download version of the whole concert. It would only mean them transferring the audio of the show into AAC or MP3, resulting in much larger sales. Diehards would buy both and it would not cost them anymore for the digital. :huh:

Edited by JWAD

I don't understand why they don't release a complete digital download version of the whole concert. It would only mean them transferring the audio of the show into AAC or MP3, resulting in much larger sales. Diehards would buy both and it would not cost them anymore for the digital. :huh:

Your very sexy.