MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray coming August 26/27

HolidayGuy

I love the live albums (even if they aren't the whole show). I mean, why not? It's something more...and not everyone is going to go find a download link on a madonna site to get the audio (and that's even if the audio was even ripped in the highest quality possible).

I mean, if you're going to continue to put out standard DVDs (which format and quality wise isn't really the standard anymore), why not package a live cd with it?

I love the live albums (even if they aren't the whole show). I mean, why not? It's something more...and not everyone is going to go find a download link on a madonna site to get the audio (and that's even if the audio was even ripped in the highest quality possible).

I mean, if you're going to continue to put out standard DVDs (which format and quality wise isn't really the standard anymore), why not package a live cd with it?

Amen. I want a live cd.

Guest Rachelle of London

Thank you! I want a live CD too! I love them!!!! The ripped sound from shows never sounds as clear!

Hey guys. I just watched the revolver clip. Some people hate it when use auto tune to address their city. I wonder if she did that for a purpose: they want people to know that she is singing live with autotune.

I'm of the belief that she lip synced not all, but most of Transgression.

I'm sure too that she says hello to each country through the vocoder and then the vocoder effect is switched off and she mimes the audio to Revolver. I have a recording of the Rome show on my iPod and you can clearly hear her sing the first few lines of Revolver like normal (by accident?) over the vocoder effect and then she stops and she continues to mimes along to the rest of the song.

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm of the belief that she lip synced not all, but most of Transgression.

I'm sure too that she says hello to each country through the vocoder and then the vocoder effect is switched off and she mimes the audio to Revolver. I have a recording of the Rome show on my iPod and you can clearly hear her sing the first few lines of Revolver like normal (by accident?) over the vocoder effect and then she stops and she continues to mimes along to the rest of the song.

yup! you can clearly hear her singing along and then she stops halfway through the first verse

By the way, concerning the lip-sync discussion, I always thought LAP was completely live, but in fact there was a backing track running throughout this song as well! I just watched the entire Coimbra show again and noticed she fucked up the first vers in LAP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSdO5BWze-0

You can clearly hear the backing track when she's singing the wrong verse.

Oh, and she also makes a funny expression ;)

Lets just go over every song why don't we :manson:

Well, if you ask me, it is quite interesting to discuss about her lip-syncing and the way she uses it, it gives an insight into the show as well. I can't think of any other artist where it's (mostly) so hard to determine which song is mimed and which isn't, and apparently fans are still not agreeing with each other even 6 months after the tour ended (see the GMAYL lip-sync discussion above).

And I do know she has backing vocalists, but in that vid of LAP you can hear there is a backing track playing and not the backing vocalists singing. That is quite surprising to me as even in the songs where I could have sworn she's solely singing live (e.g. LAP or TUTR), she is supported by backing tracks.

By the way, concerning the lip-sync discussion, I always thought LAP was completely live, but in fact there was a backing track running throughout this song as well! I just watched the entire Coimbra show again and noticed she fucked up the first vers in LAP:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSdO5BWze-0[/media]

You can clearly hear the backing track when she's singing the wrong verse.

Oh, and she also makes a funny expression ;)

That's a good one! :lmao:

Well, if you ask me, it is quite interesting to discuss about her lip-syncing and the way she uses it, it gives an insight into the show as well. I can't think of any other artist where it's (mostly) so hard to determine which song is mimed and which isn't, and apparently fans are still not agreeing with each other even 6 months after the tour ended (see the GMAYL lip-sync discussion above).

And I do know she has backing vocalists, but in that vid of LAP you can hear there is a backing track playing and not the backing vocalists singing. That is quite surprising to me as even in the songs where I could have sworn she's solely singing live (e.g. LAP or TUTR), she is supported by backing tracks.

True true, there are videos of some performances, Revolver comes to mind in particular, where sometimes it was obviously mimed, and other times it seemed almost certainly live. I presume, as previously stated that with the exception of maybe Like a Virgin/Love Spent, the whole show is recorded and the sound engineer will have to be listening to M's vocals and constantly taking the executive decision of how to mix the live and the prerecorded. It is easier now to tell when the backing vocalists are singing - with Donna and Nikki it's far more tricky because when they harmonised properly they sounded just like M.

I also think that a lot of the confusion arises from the quality of the backing vocal - for example I find it hard to believe that I'm a Sinner was mimed simply because that vocal, at least when I saw it, was so shrill it was painful and I can't believe that given the choice she would put out such a screechy performance.

I love her "shit wrong words " looks

2E289FD5-E743-4DB5-8C77-4D550B4D28C5-2828-0000025E084A663C_zps8a64b8b7.jpg

Tho nothing beats Candy Shop in S&S

"I've seen it to eat. . . Er "

Guest bluejean

I'm not taking it as cold hard fact.

Well he was saying it like it was a fact when it's a rumour from Madonnatribe. And that's the second time I've noticed he's taken a rumour from Madonnatribe and claimed its from a "very reliable source." We just want to separate rumour from fact, it's nothing personal.

Well he was saying it like it was a fact when it's a rumour from Madonnatribe. And that's the second time I've noticed he's taken a rumour from Madonnatribe and claimed its from a "very reliable source." We just want to separate rumour from fact, it's nothing personal.

they dont know anything at all aside from sometimes a setlist in advance or things that are planned and stuff like that. but nothing technical especially as it changes every night. or do they have an intern getting them updates about the technical issues/what songs she lipped every night etc? probably not. ;) and if they claim otherwise it's probably hearsay anyway.

I said it before - release the DVD and Blu-ray - then release the entire audio to iTunes, the full concert. It's easy money and all of us on here would buy it. I never knew why she never did it before. She's had all her music on digital since 2005, so we could have had Confessions and Sticky & Sweet as a full audio download!!!!

The only person that had inside info was that guy m.d.n.a who posted it HERE which is where those other s(h)ites got their "exclusives".

this

Guest Rachelle of London

The only person that had inside info was that guy m.d.n.a who posted it HERE which is where those other s(h)ites got their "exclusives".

Thank you! Do you know how much stuff I see posted here and then magically appearing on other Madonna fansites. Wasnt there a time where a whole thread was copied from Nation and appeared on another site.

I don't doubt it. I'm sure I used to see the EXACT SAME topics being created by people as well. Anyway I better stop before we get HACKED AGAIN :nocomment:

However, several weeks before Madonnarama "exclusively" posted the full setlist of the MDNA Tour, digitalfreaknyc in the MadonnaTribe forum and Boombox in the Madonnachile forum both confirmed that the setlist posted here by m.d.n.a. was the real deal, even though basically everyone refused to believe it.

Digitalfreaknyc and Boombox obviously both had inside info regarding the setlist - digitalfreaknyc even repeated over and over and over again how he hated the musical arrangements of most songs in the show - but m.d.n.a. was indeed the first person who posted the entire setlist anywhere, when Madonnarama had only posted a few spoilers.

NO, all of us here knew it was real because m.d.n.a had posted true exclusives before, it doesn't take much to "confirm" what a real source has already revealed. If you think digitalfreak hadn't already read that info HERE then...whatever

I also remember him being completely unable to give any details whatsoever not only on what the songs were or on the musical arrangements that he so disliked, but on exactly which parts he disliked and why which was when I knew he was bullshitting. I've also seen him on another (non madonna) forum regurgitating.half truths EXCLUSIVELY REVEALING for instance that the DVD shoot was Miami - 10 minutes after facebook revealed it etc.

Even I could start sprouting crap like.

"Hold on, it's coming soon."

"You''ll like some of it, other parts yuck."

"They're still looking for a distribution deal, be patient"

etc etc. Nothing of worth whatsoever.