The DVD

Guest bluejean

Yeah, the Olympia show was filmed great.

The only thing they could improve is the focus on the backdrops IMO. The ones for this tour were really amazing and in the above video of the Olympia show the focus is too much on the clowns during the JML interlude. The beautiful backdrop deserves more attention!

Guest bluejean

But the dancers are the performance, the backdrop is a backdrop. Hopefully they include the backdrop seperately. But if not we already have it anyway.

But the dancers are the performance, the backdrop is a backdrop.

True, but showing the backdrop while the dancers perform adds to the experience as a whole. They filmed it great for the S&S tour, for example during the DAD Interlude, they showed the both dancers fighting in turns with the full-screen backdrop.

But okay, those are just minor things. There are some obligatory scenes for the DVD, though. The sniper getting shot in Gang Bang with the blood-filled screen is a must!

Guest bluejean

True, but showing the backdrop while the dancers perform adds to the experience as a whole. They filmed it great for the S&S tour, for example during the DAD Interlude, they showed the both dancers fighting in turns with the full-screen backdrop.

But okay, those are just minor things. There are some obligatory scenes for the DVD, though. The sniper getting shot in Gang Bang with the blood-filled screen is a must!

I'm sure they will do it the way you are suggesting. That Olympia thing would not have had a lot of input from Madonna and the people involved with the show but the DVD probably will.

I don't understand, is it a woman a men or a group of people?

Two guys: Stéphane Sennour & Danny Tull

I know exactly what you mean. Madonna has a very precise obsession with dances, backdrops, performances being synchronized with the music and everything therein. That's why I enjoy when they edit the DVD's accordingly cause it makes everything fuse together into the greatness that she created with her team. Like you said, with Gang Bang. It's the same with almost every song on the tour. The backdrops are magical and create a completely different landscape than that of a tour.

So I wonder which song/outfit we'll get for the DVD cover?

I'm hoping Girl Gone Wild, Like a Prayer or Celebration.

Yeah, don't.

With our luck it will either be Open Your Heart or a shot taken during Best Friend/Heartbeat interlude. Although I have to say, I wouldn't mind a pic of the JML backdrop (with multiple Madonnas a la S&ST, like in my sig :rotfl:)

Will the whole thing be "available" in cinemas? It would be cool.

Yeah, don't.

With our luck it will either be Open Your Heart or a shot taken during Best Friend/Heartbeat interlude. Although I have to say, I wouldn't mind a pic of the JML backdrop (with multiple Madonnas a la S&ST, like in my sig :rotfl:/>)

Will the whole thing be "available" in cinemas? It would be cool.

I wouldn't mind a glittery M (like on the tour book) with an image of her from the transgression section, or as someone else said, from Celebration!

Oh the Olympia directors cut is a disaster... :no:

I much prefer the raw live version of it... i mean the angles they got it all wrong in the 'produced' version... :no:

Oh the Olympia directors cut is a disaster... :no:

I much prefer the raw live version of it... i mean the angles they got it all wrong in the 'produced' version... :no:

true.

but, i guess people love this performance so much that they can not be objective.

aK4d9.png

I like this a lot but that doesn't mean I would necessarily want it to be it.

It does look awesome. I especially like that you can see fans behind her. If this were to be the "cover," I would hope some of the background imagry would come out from the screens.

Guest bluejean

Oh the Olympia directors cut is a disaster... :no:/>

I much prefer the raw live version of it... i mean the angles they got it all wrong in the 'produced' version... :no:/>

Oh I just knew you'd jump in and say this again :D

I know it's not perfect but surely it's better than Sticky and Sweet? When I watch that DVD I feel like I'm watching a music video.

It's funny but lately I've started to prefer bootlegs, I love seeing it all from one angle. You can really absorb the full shows.

Maybe I'm being naive and lunatic,but recently we've seen a considerable amount of live records being pre-released in the theaters in very limited sessions before hit the market. Well, who knows we'll have the chance to see MDNA in big screens in a few months? Kylie has done it, Adele has done it, why not M?

i just dont want those S&S vocals. her voice on MDNA is really good, so they wouldnt need to tweak too much anyway. plus i love the rawness of it and i prefer a few bad notes or even wrong lyrics or a messed up vocal opposed to something that sounds like she playbacked the whole thing :( it ruins it all and is AWFUL, AWFUL marketing!

i just dont want those S&S vocals. her voice on MDNA is really good, so they wouldnt need to tweak too much anyway. plus i love the rawness of it and i prefer a few bad notes or even wrong lyrics or a messed up vocal opposed to something that sounds like she playbacked the whole thing :( it ruins it all and is AWFUL, AWFUL marketing!

agreed!

Guest bluejean

I know, I was watching the Sticky DVD the other day and it's just so obvious it's not live. It doesn't even sound like a rehearsal. The audience seem inserted. Weird as. And such a shame cos the footage with that crowd, the energy etc is just wow.

I think I might get a bootleg of that show, maybe I'll appreciate it more.