MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

The synth sound is really familiar - the one that sounds a bit like a steel band. Is it Katy B, Lights On?

But yes, this is superior to the Cascada-esque GGW. Less handbag and more proper club!

It makes perfect sense and I'm glad she didn't. COADF and American Life for that matter since you're always whining about it are right there for us to listen to whenever we want.

She brought William Orbit back from the grave for this project to co-executive produce with her. The two studio albums off the top of my head which were recorded in a producer's home studio: Erotica and Confessions... --whether you cared for them or not have a consistent quality and vision. I wish Martin Solveig did the whole thing from his home studio (if he has one) instead of Madonna doing this patch work of different producers bring their own signature sounds that blend into each other as a tired cliche.

Someone pls twite Guy Oseary to cancel GGW and make I'm Addicted a single! :lol:

Yeah ok! Like he'd even read it until after the fact! Lol

He'll read it when the tour starts! Maybe that'll give us another single!

Someone pls twite Guy Oseary to cancel GGW and make I'm Addicted a single! :lol:

Countless of people (even non fans) who hated first two singles are ABSOLUTELY loving this..such a waste regarding the singles released so far.

Yeah ok! Like he'd even read it until after the fact! Lol

He'll read it when the tour starts! Maybe that'll give us another single!

:lol:

Countless of people (even non fans) who hated first two singles are ABSOLUTELY loving this..such a waste regarding the singles released so far.

Yes. I have no idea what they were thinking (could be the Superbowl...but still). GMAYL is a good song but not strong enough to take the first impact and GGW you all know how i feel. I'm Addicted sounds like a good choice! Let's see the HQ... but i like what i've heard!

Maybe their strategy is like these parents who put empty boxes under the christmas tree and wait for their children to cry when they discover them before giving them their real presents. Sadisticdonna, schadenfreude !

Maybe their strategy is like these parents who put empty boxes under the christmas tree and wait for their children to cry when they discover them before giving them their real presents. Sadisticdonna, schadenfreude !

:lmao:

I like "I'm Addicted" but I really don't see how this is more accessible than GGW. I think this is more like "Give It 2 Me" in the last album - loved by fans but not so much radio.

I like "I'm Addicted" but I really don't see how this is more accessible than GGW. I think this is more like "Give It 2 Me" in the last album - loved by fans but not so much radio.

No way..

I may hope not anyway. I'd hope people would have better taste than that, I think this song is a pleaser for a lot of people, from the generic fans to those who love a little more ;)

I also dont get how you people think I m Addicted its better than GGW as a single... Im Addicted sounds too dance, too clubby, like something you ll hear in a dj set, it doesnt even sound like a proper song... GGW is great eventhough the production is weak.

Guest imalq

I dont understand some of you guys, juicing yourselves all over that Girl gone wild generic mess but not liking this??

Confessions on steroids with some funk. Its hard and heavy and full of production everywhere, messy as hell but I love it! (or at least I love it more than what we heard so far) it's the only music from MDNA I actually am excited about. far more interesting and darker than anything she's done on HC, that's for sure.

hell yeah! :thumbsup:

I LOVE IT...but would never work on radio or be commercial...and that is where madonna should have headed...she should have said fuck it and just did what she wanted, but so much money is riding on this album so...

GMAYL & GGW are very commercial sounding and S A F E.

No way..

I may hope not anyway. I'd hope people would have better taste than that, I think this song is a pleaser for a lot of people, from the generic fans to those who love a little more ;)

Exactly. Just the fact that it pleases both, the people that liked GGW and the people that didn't like, it says a lot! It's a indication that this song pleases everyone!

Now this is really promising! I love the M.D.N.A. chants at the end!

I'm just curious - and this is not a statement based on my own opinions of the songs we've heard so far - but there was so much buzz a couple months ago, as the album release approached, stating "Madonna is back!". How do we know this without hearing the album? I started to buy into it myself, but I'm taking a cautious step back. Don't wanna get my hopes up too high.

I'm just curious - and this is not a statement based on my own opinions of the songs we've heard so far - but there was so much buzz a couple months ago, as the album release approached, stating "Madonna is back!".

They always promote her albums like that since ROL!

It's a very unfounded statement, don't you think? She has a long way to go from the HC days, in my opinion. I HOPE she's back.

It's a very unfounded statement, don't you think? She has a long way to go from the HC days, in my opinion. I HOPE she's back.

:lol: Yes. I hope too. People WANTS her. The anticipation is very big, specially since that monster apperead in the game. You know who.

You honestly think radio will GGW a chance? It would be better to just release a song public loves and not thinking about radio at all..look what happened with GMAYL, they dropped it like hot potato even after huge push from Interscope and Super Bowl.

If she starts thinking what radio will like she will lose the buyers too..coz lets face it, radio won't support her anymore no matter what.

people were loving GGW when it premiered as a lyric video... now that it's not doing so well in digital downloads, some hate it now...

actually there were meltdowns everywhere before it even went on sale