MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

You honestly think radio will GGW a chance? It would be better to just release a song public loves and not thinking about radio at all..look what happened with GMAYL, they dropped it like hot potato even after huge push from Interscope and Super Bowl.

If she starts thinking what radio will like she will lose the buyers too..coz lets face it, radio won't support her anymore no matter what.

It's pointless to theorize about what would do well at this point becuz GMAYL has knocked everything into a tailspin. I doubt it matters what song she put out after that. She'd be facing a major uphill battle either way.

Hoping for the best tho. Can't w8 for the album.

Guest Xanthium

You honestly think radio will GGW a chance? It would be better to just release a song public loves and not thinking about radio at all..look what happened with GMAYL, they dropped it like hot potato even after huge push from Interscope and Super Bowl.

If she starts thinking what radio will like she will lose the buyers too..coz lets face it, radio won't support her anymore no matter what.

EXACTLY. FUCK RADIO. Give the public what they want: great choons! We'll show our love with our wallets!

I'm actually digging the variety cause if the public eats this up, even though I'm not sure how I feel about it, it could mean there's enough variety to please M fans and casual fans and new ist enters alike... :thumbsup:

God im so lucky to be living in Montreal as a Madonna fan. Its like 1990 over here they play everything from her here. Everything. Shes always requested big time too. Radio in the US doesnt support her but everywhere else in the world shes still played.

Move to Montreal!

This song would promote MDNA so much better as it repeats the "MDNA MDNA MDNA MDNA"....

I say FIRE her team entirely. INCLUDING LOLA! :americanlife:

When I first heard it I didn't know what to think but now.. I like it. The record keeps getting better cuz I hate Masterpiece, didn't like GMAYL and GGW is okay. But this one is interesting and agree w/ a lot of the comments about Confessions on steroids and it needs to be in higher quality to judge it properly.

Don't know how anyone can think it sounds like LMFAO. And I don't even think it sounds like a Benassi track. All-in-all I'm excited for the album again. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

I can't believe that we are raving about the third song, with 2 singles before. This strategy is a mess :lmao:

The good thing is that maybe it's true that the rest of the songs in the album are GREAT.

I'm actually digging the variety cause if the public eats this up, even though I'm not sure how I feel about it, it could mean there's enough variety to please M fans and casual fans and new ist enters alike... :thumbsup:

How about that for some optimisism! Lmao

Don't laugh but there's something Beatle-esque about it. Trippy, retro, druggy sound. Someone mentioned techno-wierd, which is delightful! I'm diggin' it. Cool vibes.

This song would promote MDNA so much better as it repeats the "MDNA MDNA MDNA MDNA"....

I say FIRE her team entirely. INCLUDING LOLA! :americanlife:

Ugh I know... I love Madonna but her choices sometimes..

I can't believe that we are raving about the third song, with 2 singles before. This strategy is a mess :lmao:

The good thing is that maybe it's true that the rest of the songs in the album are GREAT.

:thumbsup: agreed.

I can't believe that we are raving about the third song, with 2 singles before.

It's like a bone thrown in a pack of hungry dogs! :rotfl:

when I was a kid I used to think they should release the worst song 1st since the 1st single always did great, then they could keep having bigger hits :doofus:

:shock: I have thought the same many times!!! For example, you release "Sorry" as first single from COAD and then you release Hung Up and people go crazy. I recall when Alanis had that monsterhit with Ironic (4th single!), many people went to buy the album because they knew some songs already and though "hey, this album has to be good". And i thought that it would be a good trick.

I think most Madonna fans are realistic at the fact that at 53, Madonna won't have much luck at radio from this point on. So I'd rather she release quality substantial work worthy of her catalogue regardless of chart success. If radio picks it up, great, but those days are pretty much behind her. What has she got to lose anyway by releasing non-radio stuff?

I think most Madonna fans are realistic at the fact that at 53, Madonna won't have much luck at radio from this point on. So I'd rather she release quality substantial work worthy of her catalogue regardless of chart success. If radio picks it up, great, but those days are pretty much behind her. What has she got to lose anyway by releasing non-radio stuff?

I understand what you mean and maybe if I were Madonna i would do it. But the very second she releases something mature and out of touch with young generations she will become a dinosaur forever. And she knows it. She will be the next Paul McCartney if she releases a safe and bland album.