MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

This is from News-Of-Madonna FB page :-

Pop Justice a écouter “MDNA” et le qualifie de “Fucking Great" ! Pour eux l'album est excellent. Pour nous plus que 24 jours à patienter.

Translation : Pop Justice has to listen to "MDNA" and described as "Fucking Great"! For them the album is excellent. For more than 24 days to wait.

One of the DJs at a club I work for was sent the full standard promo album - on Monday, Listened to the full album early Monday evening. You're in for a BIG surprise! We only played the two released tracks - but those along with the rest of the album have been put together with great care. It's better than anything in the past 20 years - by far. By 21st century standards. We're going to play more tracks later this month. I'm not troubling myself - but then it's not my promo. I can't share it, only give an opinion. Only listened once.

You will be shocked - one way or another. It's like nothing you've heard from her in 20 years (as a whole album). It's eclectic and very interesting and thoughtful. What more can I say? Better than 'Hard Candy', more energetic than other albums but, also more quality than the last 2. Confessions crossed with Erotica. Weird - but in a really nice lovely way. I need to shut up!

One of the DJs at a club I work for was sent the full standard promo album - on Monday, Listened to the full album early Monday evening. You're in for a BIG surprise! We only played the two released tracks - but those along with the rest of the album have been put together with great care. It's better than anything in the past 20 years - by far. By 21st century standards. We're going to play more tracks later this month. I'm not troubling myself - but then it's not my promo. I can't share it, only give an opinion. Only listened once.

You will be shocked - one way or another. It's like nothing you've heard from her in 20 years (as a whole album). It's eclectic and very interesting and thoughtful. What more can I say? Better than 'Hard Candy', more energetic than other albums but, also more quality than the last 2. Confessions crossed with Erotica. Weird - but in a really nice lovely way. I need to shut up!

Why have you listened to it only once? If I have the album i will be playing the hell out of it on daily basis !

Guest bluejean

Why have you listened to it only once? If I have the album i will be playing the hell out of it on daily basis !

The way I understand it is that his friend has the album and he played it to him. He doesn't have a copy for himself.

I'd like to hear more info, I'm (in fairness) skeptical of anything anyone writes unless it gives specific info that we haven't already heard. No offence intended but that description is a very general opinion that could just be made up. "A cross between Erotica and Confessions" is how one may describe GGW alone.

Oh Ok. I understand but once is not enough ! Hmmmm there seemed to be so many different opinions about it from many sources.

Am really looking forward to it. I have a feeling Madonna is secretly planning something to promote this ...

Why would Interscope send physical copies to anyone at this point? I understand them organizing listening parties but I don't think they are that stupid..

Every album released is either 'like nothing we've heard before' or 'a cross between I'm Breathless adn American Life' etc etc and usually the albums aren't musically different or unique, they're just normally great pop.

Comments like this normally means they haven't heard it.

I so want to see a list of lies and fake comments on a name and shame thread after the album launch!

I wanna hear more detailed descriptions! These insider reports keep saying the same things ("it's a combination of ROL and Confessions",blah blah blah),but they don't really describe the songs in depth.I wanna read something like this...

"I Don't Give A..." starts off with the sound of a thunderstorm,then a throbbing beat begins and the track ignites! Nicki starts rapping,then Madonna begins the first verse,as the synths get louder and more aggressive....the groove is OUTRAGEOUS!! You guys are gonna lose your minds when you hear it..."

;) THAT'S the kind of review I want!!

"I Don't Give A..." starts off with the sound of a thunderstorm

tumblr_luqta7Ua6A1qb8s14o1_250.gif

then a throbbing beat begins and the track ignites!

tumblr_luqta7Ua6A1qb8s14o2_250.gif

Nicki starts rapping,then Madonna begins the first verse,as the synths get louder and more aggressive

tumblr_luqta7Ua6A1qb8s14o3_250.gif

the groove is OUTRAGEOUS!! You guys are gonna lose your minds when you hear it..."

tumblr_luqta7Ua6A1qb8s14o4_250.gif

I wanna hear more detailed descriptions! These insider reports keep saying the same things ("it's a combination of ROL and Confessions",blah blah blah),but they don't really describe the songs in depth.I wanna read something like this...

"I Don't Give A..." starts off with the sound of a thunderstorm,then a throbbing beat begins and the track ignites! Nicki starts rapping,then Madonna begins the first verse,as the synths get louder and more aggressive....the groove is OUTRAGEOUS!! You guys are gonna lose your minds when you hear it..."

;) THAT'S the kind of review I want!!

That is a good point but even if someone were to give us that kind of in detail description you still wouldn't believe it and some would still shot it down and say things like mmmmm i don't believe it, liar, bs, what is your source etc.

That is a good point but even if someone were to give us that kind of in detail description you still wouldn't believe it and some would still shot it down and say things like mmmmm i don't believe it, liar, bs, what is your source etc.

I understand your point. I just think there're a lot of rumours flying around at the moment and people are going into excitement/panic/meltdown mode as well as jaded/heard-it-all-before mode.Unfortunately those rumours feed our curiosity regarding MDNA especially when I hear they're still tweaking/adding songs on the album.

I mean not so long ago the new Madonna's album was going to be called Nexus according to some websites .

William Orbit @WilliamOrbit

Savage, Sexy, Heartfelt, Frisky. Thumpin', Bumpin', Naughty, Risky.

Ali H. @AphroditeBoy

1st album review via @AttitudeMag: "Is #Madonna still The Queen..? On the strength of #MDNA, it's hard to argue against" 4/5 ;cannot wait! ☺

Guest bluejean

I understand your point. I just think there're a lot of rumours flying around at the moment and people are going into excitement/panic/meltdown mode as well as jaded/heard-it-all-before mode.Unfortunately those rumours feed our curiosity regarding MDNA especially when I hear they're still tweaking/adding songs on the album.

I mean not so long ago the new Madonna's album was going to be called Nexus according to some websites .

17th March

Guest bluejean

I so want to see a list of lies and fake comments on a name and shame thread after the album launch!

GU is already top of the list.

Ali H. @AphroditeBoy

1st album review via @AttitudeMag: "Is #Madonna still The Queen..? On the strength of #MDNA, it's hard to argue against" 4/5 ;cannot wait! ☺

tumblr_luqta7Ua6A1qb8s14o3_250.gif

Guest groovyguy

http://www.attitude.co.uk/viewers/viewcontent.aspx?contentid=2405&catid=culture&subcatid=music&longtitle=LISTENING+TO+THE+NEW+MADGE

LISTENING TO THE NEW MADGE

So, that last one did quite well in the Superbowl but not so well in the charts.

There's no video for the new single yet, but there is artwork, of a sort, and it's reliably raunchy. This album certainly is dance-tacular. By the way, you can read a review of MDNA in our new issue, out at the end of the week/next week, depending on if you read Attitude digitally or in the original paper format.

The full Attitude review is now out, it's doesn't mention every track but it gives some really exciting information

Downloading it now, will have screencaps or quotes in a bit!

Lyrics from "I Don't Give a..."

Wake up,

This is your life,

Children on your own,

Gotta plan on the phone,

Meet the press,

Buy a dress,

Do all this to impress...

Do ten things at once

And if you don't like it

I don't give a...

I tried to be the perfect wife...