Her LEAST exciting tour

In regards to DWT, I remember years ago Madonna telling Molly Meldrum that in a show "if you dont start the show strong, you aren't going to hold them for the rest of the show". Which is very true, because DWT had a very slow opening that would put anyone to sleep and basically set the tone for the whole show. Boring!

SRY if you need explosions and fireworks to hold your attention but if Madonna sliding out like a Goddess on top of a sea of smoke to sing one of her most emotional songs 10 feet in the air doesnt blow you away, its probably best she has SKIPPED YOU for so long.

The only major negative I have with DWT is the fact that the crowd on the DVD is LAME as hell.

And I agree also. Madonna doesnt put on a bad show no matter which one ranks as someones personal best. I have only been to Confessions and Sticky and Sweet and I think live, Sticky and Sweet worked better and had WAAAAAY more energy coming from the crowd and Madonna. Does that mean as a whole it was a better tour? I dont know. I loved them both.

Guest dicktracy

How can you not enjoy something that is brilliant? Of course RIT was cute and fuzzy and had all the hits (raped like the limp versions of EY, LAP, PDP, ITG, Holiday I could go on and on but anyway)but DWT is just so POWERFUL and AMBITIOUS in its scope and concept. Its fucking ART. Madonna at her best. Again, and I mean it, if someone doesnt like DWT they dont get what Madonna is about.

Once again, powerful+ambitious+artsy does not necessarily translate into enjoyment. I watched Schindler's List and I think it's one of the major cinematic accomplishments of all time, it was brilliant. Was it enjoyable to watch? No. Would I recommend it. Of course! The topic's title is "least exciting tour" not least inspired or artistic. I like the show but compared to the other tours DWT was almost a downer.

It really depends on Which Madonna excites you:

• Theres introspective, deep, emotionally poignant Madge.
  • Then theres Energetic, Fun, Dancey, Thrilling Madonna.
  • Artsy Fartsy Madonna.
  • etc, etc, etc...

I love all of her tours, but Madonna really strikes a chord with me when she is on stage smiling & having a good time.

Personally, I'd consider the Who's That Girl Tour miles better than DWT and RIT.

SRY if you need explosions and fireworks to hold your attention...

Um, Drowned World Tour is mostly smoke & mirros. (the tower of tv screens, the 'super dramatic 'interludes, amongst other unnecessary shit.)

Aside from the fact that she barely connected with the audience, Madonna just doesn't seem to be as into it on the DWT DVD.

13.gif>>> 4.gif

Give me Madonna and a microphone... that's all I need. :wow:

It really depends on Which Madonna excites you:

• Theres introspective, deep, emotionally poignant Madge.
  • Then theres Energetic, Fun, Dancey, Thrilling Madonna.
  • Artsy Fartsy Madonna.
  • etc, etc, etc...

I love all of her tours, but Madonna really strikes a chord with me when she is on stage smiling & having a good time.

Personally, I'd consider the Who's That Girl Tour miles better than DWT and RIT.

And how great is it that we have a tour for each "mood" almost. If I want mindless, tacky, 80's fun....Virgin Tour. If I want pretentious, cold and artsy....DWT. That's just not an option with most artists!

I'm going to say the WTG tour only because I haven't watched it in sooo long, prolly 15 years or so. If I saw it again, I may change my mind. But as someone else already said, Give me Madonna and a microphone, agree 100%, so I prolly would like it more if i rewatched it. Some of my friends who are casual Madonna fans LOVE the Virgin Tour, and that is def. one of my favorites!

WTG is a show made for the year 87.

And like the Virgin Tour, the Who's That Girl Tour captured what Madonna was all about in the 80's. :dramatic:

People don't realize that BAT was incredibly new at the time and that's why it has passed the test of time.

Who doesn't realize that? I think that majority of people would still agree that Blonde Ambition is iconic/ influential/ relevant/ etc. :madonna2:

Um, Drowned World Tour is mostly smoke & mirros. (the tower of tv screens, the 'super dramatic 'interludes, amongst other unnecessary shit.)

Aside from the fact that she barely connected with the audience, Madonna just doesn't seem to be as into it on the DWT DVD.

13.gif>>> 4.gif

Give me Madonna and a microphone... that's all I need. :wow:

The DWT doesnt have anything in terms of technology or bells and whistles that the rest of the tours since then dont have. It IS a lot more subdued and downtempo compared to the following tours and thats what I was talking about.

And... unnecessary? What could POSSIBLY be characterized as 'unnecessary shit' in DWT? I mean REALLY. Every single moment is perfectly calibrated.

Guest dicktracy

The DWT doesnt have anything in terms of technology or bells and whistles that the rest of the tours since then dont have. It IS a lot more subdued and downtempo compared to the following tours and thats what I was talking about.

And... unnecessary? What could POSSIBLY be characterized as 'unnecessary shit' in DWT? I mean REALLY. Every single moment is perfectly calibrated.

Um.. the Funny Song.

SRY if you need explosions and fireworks to hold your attention but if Madonna sliding out like a Goddess on top of a sea of smoke to sing one of her most emotional songs 10 feet in the air doesnt blow you away, its probably best she has SKIPPED YOU for so long.

Really, try and think of something more original than the whole Australia thing honestly it's very 2004. And to say Madonna looked like a goddess in DWT is hilarious, she looked fucking dreadful in that punk costume. Simply accept and move on...