Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, MrK1ngB33 said:

At least I show my face and express an opinion.  What u got? - redirect those lyrics to yourself.  If U can’t justify Js 

I’m expressing my opinion. And my opinion is that you’re being an asshole calling people “old” ( as if it was a bad thing ) for not liking certain songs. Get off your high horse. As for my face, not relevant at all and not a requirement either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MrK1ngB33 said:

I’m not being ageist I’m being real.  If your 70 your not gonna like a song made for the clubs it’s just the way things are - I don’t knock people for loving the slow songs like extreme occident or dark ballet.  But you get bashed around here for liking bitch I’m loca or Faz Gostoso or hell even for loving hard candy!  so yah I stand behind my comments they aren’t ageist. I’m a dj I’m out in the clubs so my taste leans that way.  If anything the older crowd on here is ageist against the younger crowd so yah ..... it is what it is ! 

I dont see a link between an age and not liking a song for the clubs... Isn't I Dont Search I Find also a club song? And its a song that gets love by both critics and fans! It all depends on the song itself. And I haven't heard anyone here being bashed for liking BIL or FG, its only that a lot of ppl dont like BIL (no-one is attacking those that love it), but FG has received mainly praise. Your comments IMO are ageist as you link taste (bad according to you) to age and you obviously try to put down older according to you group for not liking certain songs. The fact that you are DJ is no ground to make agist comments or to attack members taste. We are all different and its normal to like different things and taste is not connected to age.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LVX said:

I don’t wanna listen to some medium quality stream. 

 

1 hour ago, Crozzauk said:

actually i loved Holy water, iconic and BIM. 

My point is that Faz Gustoso is a very close copy of a very recent song. i just dont get the point in doing it. I really like it, and its a nice to have, but i don't see that it has a place on the main record over Looking for mercy and Extreme Occident.

Bitch im Loca just isnt strong enough in my opinion - doesnt deserve to make the cut. its the ONLY track that doesnt meet the quality marker.

 

I like BIL, but hate BIM and holy water

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh for gods sake who gives a fuck !!! Like or don’t like what u want ! The album is pure fire.  And yes I did get attacked because I said those songs were a highlight.  But whatever I really don’t care 😂 just get tired of the hate certain songs get 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrK1ngB33 said:

Oh for gods sake who gives a fuck !!! Like or don’t like what u want ! The album is pure fire.  And yes I did get attacked because I said those songs were a highlight.  But whatever I really don’t care 😂 just get tired of the hate certain songs get 

It seems like the critics always despise these songs, and half the fanbase hates them.  I was just saying I can't complain since on this album I like them but other times I dont

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png

This looks like a beautiful clip from the upcoming God Control video.  It will be the third single from Madame X

In the video, Madonna claims the "she's over this pop star shit." What a howl!

Anyone have a prediction on Madame X Billboard 200 album debut ranking? Will she beat Springsteen?

Madonnaman X.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to leave by 7am on Friday morning to get on the road for work in northern Michigan which is over a 4 hour drive from where I live. So I had ample time to listen to Madame X on the way there and on the way back. 

Let me first say that I am ecstatic that this album is receiving the reviews that it is. She deserves it. This record is intricate, bold, experimental, and unlike anything else that's out there. It's the reason that she is and ALWAYS will be steps ahead of any pop star - male or female - now and for the foreseeable future. I mean, can anyone see Taylor or Katy or Arianna doing something like this nearly 40 years into their career? I think not. This is an album that MADONNA wanted to make. And she made something truly magical. 

That being said....

I'm not personally connecting with this album. I appreciate the journey that she shared with us on Madame X but I just can not hold this albums hands the way I did with her previous releases. Perhaps it's because I absolutely adored Rebel Heart. That entire era was just pure Madonna magic. Sure, the track listing was clunky. Yes, there were leaks. But the promo performances. The tour. The sheer warmth that the album exuded was something special. And I know it's a fools errand to compare previous eras. It's automatic disappointment for any Madonna fan to expect a continuation of an era. And that wasn't my expectation at all. But there's something off about this era that I can't put my finger on. 

It's still so heartwarming to see the excitement here. Regardless of my personal feelings, to be a part of of new era on this forum is always pure joy. And I certainly won't be a member to piss on anyone's love for this album, because it really is something to behold and doesn't deserve it. Years from now -  as with American Life and Tori Amos's Strange Little Girls - I may come back to this album and it very well could speak to me in different ways that it's simply not doing now. That's the beauty of her music. No other pop star has the complexity in their work like she does. It's what I keep coming back for. 

Instant classics that I can't get enough of from Madame X:

  • Medillin
  • God Control
  • Crave
  • Crazy 
  • Come Alive
  • Killers Who Are Partying
  • I Don't Search I Find

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KalamazooJay said:

I had to leave by 7am on Friday morning to get on the road for work in northern Michigan which is over a 4 hour drive from where I live. So I had ample time to listen to Madame X on the way there and on the way back. 

Let me first say that I am ecstatic that this album is receiving the reviews that it is. She deserves it. This record is intricate, bold, experimental, and unlike anything else that's out there. It's the reason that she is and ALWAYS will be steps ahead of any pop star - male or female - now and for the foreseeable future. I mean, can anyone see Taylor or Katy or Arianna doing something like this nearly 40 years into their career? I think not. This is an album that MADONNA wanted to make. And she made something truly magical. 

That being said....

I'm not personally connecting with this album. I appreciate the journey that she shared with us on Madame X but I just can not hold this albums hands the way I did with her previous releases. Perhaps it's because I absolutely adored Rebel Heart. That entire era was just pure Madonna magic. Sure, the track listing was clunky. Yes, there were leaks. But the promo performances. The tour. The sheer warmth that the album exuded was something special. And I know it's a fools errand to compare previous eras. It's automatic disappointment for any Madonna fan to expect a continuation of an era. And that wasn't my expectation at all. But there's something off about this era that I can't put my finger on. 

It's still so heartwarming to see the excitement here. Regardless of my personal feelings, to be a part of of new era on this forum is always pure joy. And I certainly won't be a member to piss on anyone's love for this album, because it really is something to behold and doesn't deserve it. Years from now -  as with American Life and Tori Amos's Strange Little Girls - I may come back to this album and it very well could speak to me in different ways that it's simply not doing now. That's the beauty of her music. No other pop star has the complexity in their work like she does. It's what I keep coming back for. 

Instant classics that I can't get enough of from Madame X:

  • Medillin
  • God Control
  • Crave
  • Crazy 
  • Come Alive
  • Killers Who Are Partying
  • I Don't Search I Find

 

Wow.  I am surprised!  Your review was one that I was looking forward to most.  I hope the album grows on you.  Respectfully and eloquently written, as your posts always are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Wow.  I am surprised!  Your review was one that I was looking forward to most.  I hope the album grows on you.  Respectfully and eloquently written, as your posts always are.

Yes. Loved it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Madame X goes well with Behaviour by Pet Shop Boys.

Both albums are nostalgic and melancholic.

The transition between I Rise and Being Boring is divine. 😍

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, side_streets said:

Madame X goes well with Behaviour by Pet Shop Boys.

Both albums are nostalgic and melancholic.

The transition between I Rise and Being Boring is divine. 😍

Nice idea. I love Behaviour by Pet Shop Boys and will mix both albums 😘

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Nice idea. I love Behaviour by Pet Shop Boys and will mix both albums 😘

Please, do try and tell me what you think. 😘

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im in the camp that wasnt sure and felt disappointed on first listen but I absolutely love it now and am glad I gave it the investment it deserves ..my adjusted tracklisting which works for me is

I rise

Medellin

Come alive

Crazy

Faz Gostoso

God control

Looking for Mercy

Crave

Soltera

Future

Extreme Occident

Back that up

I dont search i find

Dark ballet

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how she front loaded this album with the experimental tracks, from Medellín through Killers Who are Partying is a wild ride of innovation and bold sounds with an unmistakable Madonna stamp.

Crave and Crazy are like a release of sorts, solid gold pop gems.  Come Alive can sort of be grouped with those two, but the final section sort of brings it to a mystical level and is somewhat experimental, leading into the haunting sounds of Extreme Occident, a stand out moment of the album lyrically and vocally.

Then we enter the solid bop territory of Faz Gostoso and Bitch I’m Loca which gets you moving before the holy trinity of classic Madonna sounds on display in the dazzling I Don’t Search I Find, the cinematic Looking for Mercy, and the epic and frantic I Rise.

Like Erotica, Ray of Light, American Life, and Confessions, you feel like you went on a journey.

The greatest artist who ever lived!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mattchewd said:

Im in the camp that wasnt sure and felt disappointed on first listen but I absolutely love it now and am glad I gave it the investment it deserves ..my adjusted tracklisting which works for me is

I rise

Medellin

Come alive

Crazy

Faz Gostoso

God control

Looking for Mercy

Crave

Soltera

Future

Extreme Occident

Back that up

I dont search i find

Dark ballet

 

 

That’s a weird way to group the songs ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Shane said:

I love how she front loaded this album with the experimental tracks, from Medellín through Killers Who are Partying is a wild ride of innovation and bold sounds with an unmistakable Madonna stamp.

Crave and Crazy are like a release of sorts, solid gold pop gems.  Come Alive can sort of be grouped with those two, but the final section sort of brings it to a mystical level and is somewhat experimental, leading into the haunting sounds of Extreme Occident, a stand out moment of the album lyrically and vocally.

Then we enter the solid bop territory of Faz Gostoso and Bitch I’m Loca which gets you moving before the holy trinity of classic Madonna sounds on display in the dazzling I Don’t Search I Find, the cinematic Looking for Mercy, and the epic and frantic I Rise.

Like Erotica, Ray of Light, American Life, and Confessions, you feel like you went on a journey.

The greatest artist who ever lived!

I love this write up so much! I couldn’t be more proud to be a Madonna fan right now. I love that she’s not easy, that it really takes time and thought to understand her art and where she’s coming from. We will never have anyone like her again. Thank god we are on this ride with her right now, I can’t wait to see what else she has in store for us! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 3:25 PM, Nikki said:

anyone know who this is? it's from that annoying Xavier person who never credits anyone so I can't find the original

 

JPG? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Madame X roll out at this moment in her career and trajectory has been immaculate (pun intended) the visuals, marketing partners, press, and most importantly the album. 😮 just 😮

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 2:22 AM, side_streets said:

Madame X goes well with Behaviour by Pet Shop Boys.

Both albums are nostalgic and melancholic.

The transition between I Rise and Being Boring is divine. 😍

I've actually been playing this and alternating it with Pet Shop Boys as well. There must be something making us do it huh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mensch said:

That’s a weird way to group the songs ... 

Indeed. Closing with Dark Ballet is especially WTF-worthy. But everybody has their own preferences. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 7:54 PM, MrK1ngB33 said:

Oh for gods sake who gives a fuck !!! Like or don’t like what u want ! The album is pure fire.  And yes I did get attacked because I said those songs were a highlight.  But whatever I really don’t care 😂 just get tired of the hate certain songs get 

You were attacked because of your ageism, that in this forum is a form of discrimination as ugly as homophobia or racism. So take several seats and learn a bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, karbatal said:

You were attacked because of your ageism, that in this forum is a form of discrimination as ugly as homophobia or racism. So take several seats and learn a bit. 

Show your face and learn a bit.  Wrinkles much ?  Stop coming for me u troll.  Talk about the album and get off my nuts already.  No one was being ageist wtf I said certain ages like different type of songs.  Sue me for telling the truth. 

 

Bitch I’m loca >>>>extreme accident 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the album and feel a connection with it for a few personal reasons:

I made my first trip to Europe in October and visited London, Amsterdam and Paris, then last month I visited Berlin and 2 weeks in Italy and I feel like somehow I can relate to her feeling excited about Lisbon/new culture as I did getting to know new languages and people, I love how she went for English, Spanish and Portuguese.

I work in Diversity and Inclusion and I’m organizing our first time at the Pride Parade and also revising a policy for People with disabilities and sometimes I get frustrated because of the government and laws, and I really feel her sentiment when she sings I Rise and Future, I do feel that need to do something for our society.

I love Madame X.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MrK1ngB33 said:

Show your face and learn a bit.  Wrinkles much ?  Stop coming for me u troll.  Talk about the album and get off my nuts already.  No one was being ageist wtf I said certain ages like different type of songs.  Sue me for telling the truth. 

 

Bitch I’m loca >>>>extreme accident 

Oh you're so absurda. Your flushing is near.

Link to post
Share on other sites

the full uncropped picture would have made for an AMAZING deluxe album cover and would have matched perfectly with the face close-up standard edition

oh well....

image.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...