Secret Project

Nonoka

Holy Mother of God! This gives me such a Pussy Riot kind of vibe. Could it have something to do with lotsa females getting locked up and trying to get out???

Yes maybe about injustice towards women globally? The little girl shot for wanting to go to school, Pussy Riot, etc?

Guest Not4Pussies

This obviously Madonnas idea and Klein's as well. I love my Madonna, inspired and ready to shake up the system.

There are people rotting in American jails (and many who've lost more than their freedom for a year or so) for a lot less.

They're artists, Madonna's an artist, both have been vilified in varying ways for their art, Madonna's likelier to empathise with them than IMPRISONED Evelyn from down the block for pocketing $40 bucks. :lol:

Now this would make headlines everywhere ! greatest promotion for a track ! wouldn't it be the first time a huge artist like M record a collaboration with a band in jail ?!?

Now this would make headlines everywhere ! greatest promotion for a track ! wouldn't it be the first time a huge artist like M record a collaboration with a band in jail ?!?

I hope she ll do that. It will generate a lot of publicity! Guy oseary needs to know n consider the option. Lol

No, you obviously didnt get what I was saying. I said that at certain societies like the arabian one (where I have been, have YOU?) the western ideas of rights are not embraced at personal level. They are much more social, there are "moral codes", "moral police" etc: certain institutions that never existed in Europe or USA. Their idea of individualism has nothing to do with the western one. And not imposing our views for me means also respecting their way of life.

As I said Iran and Egypt are good examples. The people chose more religious, more fundamelists regimes.

As I said the discussion was moved to a different topic than the original. You said Madonna shouldnt have spoken out (which got me baffled). Why exactly?

Thats how YOU feel. Your subjective idea for whats MORE important not Madonnas (obviously) and your idea of what happened with Pussy Riot. That doesnt make them the right ones. Maybe for starters you have to start making distinction between whats subjective and whats objective. In most of you post you have been pushing your ideas of what is wrong, right etc. However any individual can priotarize whats important for him and Madge has done just that. I d say you have alot of growing up to do.

I 'got' exactly what you were saying, which is the standard flimsy excuse for any brutal regime from Africa to Asia that opresses its people 'Oh, it's CULTURAL'. Clearly it's not cultural, as the people there are right now attempting to rise up against their opressors and being killed and maimed for their pains. Suggesting that these people WANT to live under the yoke of a brutally repressive autocracy because of their culture is laughable, all the more so because America's policy has been to constantly intervene to promote 'democracy' in the Middle East -just not in the countries where the regimes support them. I have been to Dubai, and have many close friends from the Middle East, but unlike you I would not presume to have inside knowledge of the workings of these cultures because of my travels or experiences. I am just highlighting facts.

There is no moral equivalence between a child forced into slavery, or civilians being brutally tortured for no other reason than their religion, and the plight of someone given a two year prison sentence for desecrating a Cathedral. There just isn't. If that isn't immediately apparent to you, I feel sad for you.

They're artists, Madonna's an artist, both have been vilified in varying ways for their art, Madonna's likelier to empathise with them than IMPRISONED Evelyn from down the block for pocketing $40 bucks. :lol:

What about imprisoned Private Bradley Manning from down the block, for blowing the whistle and releasing footage of the American Army Apache helicopters deliberately opening fire on civilians and journalists?

In regards to the “Collateral Murder” video, which shows US Apache helicopters opening fire on and killing civilians, including journalists, Manning said “the most alarming aspect of the video to me, however, was the seemingly delightful bloodlust they appeared to have.”

http://rt.com/usa/manning-trial-recording-leak-177/

I really hoped the Secret Project would just be M related, more X-Process than with loads of artists. I need another fancy overpriced book and random gallery event to think about while waiting for the next tour and gym opening :huh:

I know I'm really good at derailing threads, but all that iother nteresting but non-Secret Project talk should really move go to Politics and World Events, I think that would be a good thread to have 'M's views related to World Events'

The new picture is just :wow:

I can not be more excited about this! I don't even care if it's Madonna only or with several others involved. The idea of art revolution is too good! :dramatic:

Maybe I'm just too greedy.

First just Madonna Revolution Project would be good, then another joint collob-a-revolution.

Seems like this Secret Project thread is starting it's own as well!

Express Yourself.....

well if it's madonna and a few models like campbell and kate moss and who knows, everyone of pussy riot (there's more than those three members) i'd just be as excited! but if it's with those pop princesses such as katy perry, rihanna (although rihanna is okay..) gaga,.. those types.. i won't be as pleased.

A few years back, Madonna sang on Annie Lennox's 'Sing' which was Annie leading a collective of big name artists on a single for a specific cause (HIV/AIDS). Maybe this is something similar to that, or on a bigger scale, something like Bono's 'Red'. Her comment reminds me of T-Rex's 'Children Of The Revolution' which I love, and am off to dig out right now!