Jump to content

The return of fascism in Italy


runa
 Share

Recommended Posts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, runa said:

It’s crazy to see how we, as Humanity, won’t learn from History 

Actually I think many who voted for these people would have supported Mussolini. In Spain most who support  far right are very nostalgic for Franco.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Actually I think many who voted for these people would have supported Mussolini. In Spain most who support  far right are very nostalgic for Franco.

That woman said in an interview she’s a big Mussolini fan. Says a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same old story - people seeing an economic decline in their standard of living are told who to point the finger at and who'll 'fix' it all for them.

The rights of minorities inc. LGBT will *never* be secure no matter how much societal progress seems to be made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tragic, but hopefully this fucked up election would have no effect on EU as a whole. In my lifetime Italy has never been very wise when choosing who to rule it. Berlusconi? Really? Now he is coming on a white house with Meloni. This must be one of the reasons why Italy's economy hasn't improved that much for 20 years. Also Italians seems more conservative (not in a good way) compared to all of Western Europe and certainly compared to say Spain or even Greece.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well more people in Italy voted for left than right. The problem of the left is that they barely make good coalitions whereas the right always pressure together. In this case those three cunts are so stupid and volatile that they will start fighting with each other soon. I expect a government crisis very soon. Besides their ego is so big that I doubt they will ever let the others be protagonists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Almost cartoonish how little attempt there is at obscuring who she's referring to as "speculatori finanziari" in her political mythos, who plot against traditional Italian culture and push LGBT acceptance to destroy the family using their banking powers. Surprised she doesn't throw in a line about "those little hats they wear".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2022 at 7:24 PM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Isn't it interesting that all the usual suspects are full of joy because of this win. Orban, Le Pen, the guy from Poland. And now Truss. 

What about the way Berlusconi looks? His face looked like a death mask when he was on stage celebrating the victory of the far right.

 

 

Putin, Berlusconi, Biden…. If they were women there would be jokes all over the place. They are embalmed mommies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2022 at 3:18 PM, runa said:

That woman said in an interview she’s a big Mussolini fan. Says a lot.

She actuality never said that, she said the opposite on many occasions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, runa said:

she said that almost 30 years ago LOL

Her program has nothing to do with Mussolini, people should take a chill pill and let  Italians have  the leader they  democratically voted for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CiaoBello said:

she said that almost 30 years ago LOL

Her program has nothing to do with Mussolini, people should take a chill pill and let  Italians have  the leader they  democratically voted for.

Oh no worries. If you’re glad to have her, good for you!!  :clap:
 

Welcome back to fascism in Italy ! 🎉🎉🎉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CiaoBello said:

she said that almost 30 years ago LOL

Her program has nothing to do with Mussolini, people should take a chill pill and let  Italians have  the leader they  democratically voted for.

She was screaming against gays, migrants, Brussels and trans in Spain only one year ago. Can you stop whitewashing fascism? Maybe your old aunt believes your lies but this forum is surprisingly very well prepared in terms of politics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

She was screaming against gays, migrants, Brussels and trans in Spain only one year ago.Can you stop whitewashing fascism? Maybe your old aunt believes your lies but this forum is surprisingly very well prepared in terms of politics. 

During this time wealth gaps widen but hey! Blame the migrants!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just read this on wikipedia:

"In a record-low voter turnout, Meloni's party became the largest in Parliament with 26% of the vote, making her likely to become Prime Minister of Italy." 

I mean, I guess it makes it better to know that a minority in Italy helped this party get into power. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

I just read this on wikipedia:

"In a record-low voter turnout, Meloni's party became the largest in Parliament with 26% of the vote, making her likely to become Prime Minister of Italy." 

I mean, I guess it makes it better to know that a minority in Italy helped this party get into power. 

I m always fascinated by the reluctance of the people to vote. Is it really such a burden? Can they NOT appreciate the fact that they are PERSONALLY asked to dish in how they want to be ruled???? IN Bulgaria, yesterday, there were elections for the Parliament with 37.8 turnout. It is shocking, because 30 years ago we could have voted only for 2 parties. People really UNDERESTIMATE their right to vote. I find that really appalling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...