COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

11 hours ago, horn said:

Ever heard of "Human RIghts" gurl?

They have the rights to die. :rosey: 

If they wanna die, please don't stop them.

Lesser the Dumpster supporters the better.

But do they know that they will be taking the hard- to- find  bed spaces from the people who actually want to live

as well as valuable time of doctors /nurses who have to care for them before they finally kick the buckets ?

Gatherings of up to 500 people might be allowed in Denmark after 10 May, depending on how the situation evolves. Most likely, the upper limit for public gatherings will be continuously adjusted. However, it is now clear that gatherings of more than 500 people will definitely not be allowed in Denmark until 1 September at the very earliest.

Furthermore, Danish health authorities announced a change in their testing strategy. The following groups of people in Denmark will be tested from now on:

- Everyone with any symptoms of COVID-19, whether or not they require medical treatment.

- Everyone who is admitted to hospital as an emergency, regardless of the reason.

- All health-care workers.

- A representative sample of asymptomatic Danes.

20 hours ago, horn said:

Ever heard of "Human RIghts" gurl?

They have the rights to die. :rosey: 

If they wanna die, please don't stop them.

Lesser the Dumpster supporters the better.

I agree, but unfortunately those idiots could be asymptomatic! They could simply pass the virus to many other people :(.

I often feel like I’m at the point where nothing surprises me anymore. However, I am absolutely flabbergasted at 1. the idiotic protests in the United States, with people throwing safety cautions to the wind; and 2. states such as Georgia planning to reopen this week. Do people not realize the absolute devastation that will result from this?

30 minutes ago, Shane said:

I often feel like I’m at the point where nothing surprises me anymore. However, I am absolutely flabbergasted at 1. the idiotic protests in the United States, with people throwing safety cautions to the wind; and 2. states such as Georgia planning to reopen this week. Do people not realize the absolute devastation that will result from this?

I think very little will open anyway. I mean does it really make sense to open a movie theater or bowling ally for the 3 people that are going to show up?

2 hours ago, LSD said:

What a dumb cunt. This is so wrong on so many levels. Maybe she should go to Germany or Poland and visit a concentration camp. All of those have very informative exhibitions. "Non-essential Workers"? The inmates of concentration camps were very much essential for the Nazi German economy. They were working in the all the companies surrounding the camps, often in war-related industries. 

This woman disgusts me. How can someone make this comparison? I hope there will be a massive outcry from Jewish organizations, from LGBTQ organizations, from Sinti & Roma organizations and from other organizations who keep the memory of all victims of this regime alive. 75 years after the end of the war. I am shocked. 

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

What a dumb cunt. This is so wrong on so many levels. Maybe she should go to Germany or Poland and visit a concentration camp. All of those have very informative exhibitions. "Non-essential Workers"? The inmates of concentration camps were very much essential for the Nazi German economy. They were working in the all the companies surrounding the camps, often in war-related industries. 

This woman disgusts me. How can someone make this comparison? I hope there will be a massive outcry from Jewish organizations, from LGBTQ organizations, from Sinti & Roma organizations and from other organizations who keep the memory of all victims of this regime alive. 75 years after the end of the war. I am shocked. 

I think their stupidity has reached a level that there's absolute indifference. Sane people have given up.

14 hours ago, LSD said:

YES it is EXACTLY like that ! 

Good lord I still don't understand her comparison . I must be really stupid .

WHO please use some of  the money for that shiftiest/fake caring concert on these countries . 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-52382234/coronavirus-how-will-the-developing-world-cope

Coronavirus: How will the developing world cope?

Hundreds of thousands of people already die every year from preventable diseases in the developing world, where resources are scarce.

But how will they cope with a health challenge on a truly global scale? 

The BBC's Secunder Kermani and Anne Soy compare how prepared some countries in Asia and Africa are.

On 4/19/2020 at 8:09 PM, XXL said:

I'm appalled at people failing to look at the flaws of the democratic party. Oh it's the party of the people, the workers, the vulnerable. Yes dream on. Like most major left parties in the western world it has actually become the party of the banks and the financial elites. Anyone who denies this is really delusional. And yes people can criticise without being shouted at and accused of sympathising for the Rights of the world. The reality has been this for a number of years: the hand that rocks the cradle is the same. The rethoric and facade might be different but the aims corrupt politicians pursue on behalf of the "owners" of the world are the fucking same

Trump is winning because he gives the non coastal people of the US with a different education and mindset etc a bit of what they want. Which is not me saying well done Mr Trump :electropop:

People who have been hit hard by the 2008 crisis don't want to get preached by over privileged mega wealthy lefties who in the end only just work to fulfill a general globalist agenda who is destroying middle classes in rich countries and enslaving millions more in sensitive parts of the world like South America, Africa and parts of Asia.

But given that the Head of the WHO is giving attention to someone like lady Gaga, even thanking her, rather than talking with scientists, it gives me little hope that this is going to be anything dissimilar from what we have seen in 2016, with the usual suspects being wheeled out at a democratic convention. People want substance. Which is exactly everything the Democratic Party lacks and has been lacking for years

#votetrump2020 #voterepublican 

Australia on track for eliminating COVID-19 💆🏻‍♂️💆🏻‍♂️💆🏻‍♂️ . Only 12 new cases yesterday. 

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/world-news/oh-well-at-least-im-not-in-america-right-now-sighs-unemployed-local-woman/

‘Oh Well, At Least I’m Not In America Right Now’ Sighs Unemployed Local Woman

In an effort to find some consolation amongst the current circumstances, local Job Seeker Alisha Wilson has found solace in the fact she doesn’t live in the United States of America right now. 

Sitting at her dining table in her 4 person sharehouse in Betoota’s French Quarter, the young out of work hopso employee told The Advocate that she likes to remind herself that things could always be worse. 

“I could be a resident of New York right now I guess,” she laughed over a cup of tea and a brekky Tim Tam. 

“I mean, yeah I’m out of work, isolated, bored. But hey, at least I live in a country where social security will look after me, where people listen to authorities when it comes to protecting public health, and where our health care system will look after me if I fall ill.” 

“So at least I’m finishing Netflix and Stan in a relatively safe environment you know.” 

Wilson went onto explain that she is just so thankful she doesn’t live in the US, where the Death toll will tick over 50,000 in the next day or two, and people are talking to the streets to protest against the infringements on their rights to disobey social distancing measures.

“I mean, at least Scott’s listening to the health authorities and not telling people with guns to ‘liberate themselves,'” she explained.

“It’s really weird that the leader of their country blatantly ignored advice from health authorities, costing the country far more lives than they’ve lost to terrorism, and no one seems to bat an eyelid. Look at what we’ve achieved here by social distancing and a decent health care system.”

2 hours ago, Napoléon said:

#votetrump2020 #voterepublican 

:semifunny:

Not what I wrote AT ALL

They're going to continue to vote for Trump don't worry, unless and until the DP changes everything that's the exact opposite of what a party of the people should be doing  👍

But if you want to continue to lull yourself in a false sense of security, fine

37 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

^I read that she’s an anti-vaxxer what a shock!

Back story (I didn't write this) - 

If you are sharing that video of a mom getting arrested at a playground for breaking quarantine, please make sure you share all the information as well:

This was not a spontaneous meetup at the park. This was a deliberate demonstration organized by the Idaho Freedom Foundation, which is one of many conservative orgs with deep ties to Washington that is organizing anti-lockdown protests around the country.

The woman arrested, Sara Brady, is a conservative activist and anti-vaxxer who previously made national headlines for suing to get her unvaccinated child into kindergarten.

These protests are very cynical and very smart. This was strategic: they know the optics of arresting a mother of two while her crying children watch are very bad, and they know what the headlines will read.

This video is long and boring. People will not watch the full video. It is a deliberately NOT useful propaganda tool for our side. Do not post the video without explanation.

It is tempting to explain the video within “Karen discourse,” and to joke about the women involved being entitled white ladies. However, those jokes are only effective on people who are already FULLY in your camp ideologically. This is part of the trick that is being played on us with this propaganda move. When you share this, most people will not watch the full video: they will only pick up on the headline, and feel disturbed and troubled by it.

Instead of discussing the white lady entitlement here, when you mention or share this video please talk about the cynicism of the strategy; talk about the well-funded groups organizing this; and talk about the ties these groups have to our president’s administration (discussed in some detail lately in the New York Times).

Do not become unwitting amplifiers for the right wing in a propaganda war.

2 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

:electropop:

YES. Get all the Karens their doses of Disinfectant please .