COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

3 hours ago, Butter9 said:

I hope his family and loved ones have lungs made out of iron .

And no you'll not be meeting god when you die you'll go straight to Satan .

GOP State Rep. Nino Vitale on why he won’t wear a face mask: “This is the greatest nation on earth founded on Judeo-Christian Principles. One of those principles is that we are all created in the image and likeness of God. That image is seen the most by our face.”

This is Bangkok Thailand . First day of reopening / easing lock down and our sky train ( BTS ) had malfunctioning train and tons of people had to wait on the super crowded platform . God I fear for the second wave .

# months of social distancing and now THIS !

If everyone is wearing FPP2 masks the risk of contagion is less than 2%. 

20 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I hope so but you know sometimes when you see photos like this you don't really think abbot the percentage .

My office will be up and running end of May ( end of state of emergency ) unless there is a second wave. Saw people on Facebook being let go / fired from their jobs due to the 

virus is heart breaking .

I hope you are well and healthy in Spain .🙏

39 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

I hope so but you know sometimes when you see photos like this you don't really think abbot the percentage .

My office will be up and running end of May ( end of state of emergency ) unless there is a second wave. Saw people on Facebook being let go / fired from their jobs due to the 

virus is heart breaking .

I hope you are well and healthy in Spain .🙏

We're coping as we can, considering how stupid our right wings politicians are :lol: Thanks God we have a Left Government who is protecting as much as possible. 

Thanks for asking. You are always so nice ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

We're coping as we can, considering how stupid our right wings politicians are :lol: Thanks God we have a Left Government who is protecting as much as possible. 

Thanks for asking. You are always so nice ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Being nice is the least I could do at this particular time . We are the only remaining OG Kylie loons ( I think there are like ONLY four of us left )after all ! 😆

I think  our government is deliberately under-testing people to flatten the curve .I also think this is something we will have to live with for a while .

55 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Being nice is the least I could do at this particular time . We are the only remaining OG Kylie loons ( I think there are like ONLY four of us left )after all ! 😆

I think  our government is deliberately under-testing people to flatten the curve .I also think this is something we will have to live with for a while .

Testing is not always the magical solution. You can be negative in the morning and be infected in the evening. Experts say it's far more efficient to especially test those in high exposure (health workers for example) and keep masks and social distancing in the population. 

But of course they may say other things next month. They are learning about this as we speak 😄

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Testing is not always the magical solution. You can be negative in the morning and be infected in the evening. Experts say it's far more efficient to especially test those in high exposure (health workers for example) and keep masks and social distancing in the population. 

But of course they may say other things next month. They are learning about this as we speak 😄

Yep and the WHO did almost nothing ! I'm like shocked ! We juts have to rely on ourselves and be prepare to live with this for a long while .

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

Imagine someone who's positive with no symptoms touched the handrail on the train and contaminated it.

The train stops and you hold onto the same contaminated handrail.

You continue typing the above message using the same hand on your mobile phone and contaminated your phone unknowingly.

When you reach home, you washed your hands, took a shower and thought that everything is safe.

You browse Mnation using your contaminated phone while eating potatoes chip.

Finger lickin' good.

And you dig your nose.

Here's comes covid-19!

1 hour ago, horn said:

Imagine someone who's positive with no symptoms touched the handrail on the train and contaminated it.

The train stops and you hold onto the same contaminated handrail.

You continue typing the above message using the same hand on your mobile phone and contaminated your phone unknowingly.

When you reach home, you washed your hands, took a shower and thought that everything is safe.

You browse Mnation using your contaminated phone while eating potatoes chip.

Finger lickin' good.

And you dig your nose.

Here's comes covid-19!

It's true 😞

It's recommended to sterilise keys, phones or wallet but I confess I don't do it. 

The UK is now officially the country in Europe with the highest death toll, globally only second to the US.

Reopening schools in June? Another bad idea perhaps. Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab criticises comparisons with other countries  :semifunny:

What country has had the longest quarantine period so far? I was in Russia for work when things started getting serious and so far, the quarantine which started March 30 (March 23 for some people) hasn't been lifted, with the government intending to take some measures in June or maybe July. We're talking about the kind of quarantine where people can't go out for a walk, and older people will probably have to stay at home until the vaccine is found (no kidding). It's nearly impossible to apply for financial help, lots of smaller companies and businesses are no more, people getting robbed in the streets for food (!!). Meanwhile, according to the government, there have been 155k cases of COVID-19, while the number of deaths is SUSPICIOUSLY around 1.5k only (I know right).

Did you read about the French guy who they found out had the virus a month earlier than it was officially first reported in Europe? They went back and re-tested his sample from December and found it was cv19. He hadn't traveled anywhere for four months. 

This questions the timeline the Chinese are saying about when they knew about the virus.

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Did you read about the French guy who they found out had the virus a month earlier than it was officially first reported in Europe? They went back and re-tested his sample from December and found it was cv19. He hadn't traveled anywhere for four months. 

This questions the timeline the Chinese are saying about when they knew about the virus.

It goes further. There seems to be four different mutations since last year and some outlets are saying that USA troops doing a big military exercise at the end of 2019 brought the virus. 

It seems weird but it shows how little we still know about this virus and its propagation.

23 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It goes further. There seems to be four different mutations since last year and some outlets are saying that USA troops doing a big military exercise at the end of 2019 brought the virus. 

It seems weird but it shows how little we still know about this virus and its propagation.

Yes

I've read about this story too

The Danish government announced that the next stage in the reopening of Danish society will be more extensive than originally planned, though public gatherings of more than 10 people will remain banned for at least a another month.

• Professional sports can be resumed immediately, for the time being without any spectators
  • Outdoor association activities can be resumed immediately, within the limits of the ban on public gatherings
  • Malls and department stores will be allowed to open on 11 May.
  • Restaurants, cafés, lower secondary schools (including boarding schools), vocational colleges, libraries, and places of religious worship will be allowed to open on 18 May.

38 minutes ago, Msig said:

The Danish government announced that the next stage in the reopening of Danish society will be more extensive than originally planned, though public gatherings of more than 10 people will remain banned for at least a another month.

• Professional sports can be resumed immediately, for the time being without any spectators
  • Outdoor association activities can be resumed immediately, within the limits of the ban on public gatherings
  • Restaurants, cafés, lower secondary schools (including boarding schools), vocational colleges, libraries, and places of religious worship will be allowed to open on 18 May.

It's so refreshing. Spain is relaxing a bit too. I think next week I can go farther than 1 km from home. And I can finally meet my dad!!!!!! We will wear masks but it'll be so thrilling 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

The UK has announced that on Sunday the government will give information about an easing of the lockdown measures :lmao:

They are now the country with the highest death toll in Europe, still 600 deaths daily and they had much more time compared to say Italy, France or Spain before it reached their shores yet they had the temerarity of starting lockdown measures later than anyone else in Europe! Talking about shit like "waiting for the peak" or "herd immunity"  :rotfl: Yes, you could have waited a bit more

And in Britain you could still exercise in parks etc something that Italians and Spaniards haven't been able to do for two fucking straight months. And they meticulously adhered

Now they even talk about reopening schools in June?????

You're a fucking joke UK government. I saw a video of people clapping for the NHS in its usual Thursday edition. Gatherings of people clapping, standing very close to each other, hardly anyone wearing a mask! 

If this was your message of a lockdown to the UK public all these past weeks God help the Brits if you talk about lifting some measure so early. Kids should not return to schools in June, sheer folly

The UK is run by an elite that is short-selling it to foreign powers, the rich getting richer, the middle class or poors getting poorer. A real shame

All these people from Boris Johnson cabinet make me laugh, rich elite kids, clean faces, all good talk and oratory classes but very little substance, much less truth, meanwhile they are screwing the people and they are paid loads of money to do so

3 hours ago, Msig said:

Kind of like Italy schedule :laugh:

And we deserve it

Coming from over a thousand deaths daily if not more, to now 140

After not having been able to leave the house for two long months, if not to buy groceries or going to the chemist/pharmacy

And astoundingly the vast majority of people respected those measures

25 minutes ago, XXL said:

And we deserve it

After not having been able to leave the house for two long months, if not to buy groceries or going to the chemist/pharmacy

We did an amazing job and proved we can be responsible citizens, especially if we look at what happened in other parts of the world....

12 hours ago, Msig said:

So, the Danish government has now reached an agreement with all parties in the Danish parliament on stage 3 and 4 of the reopening of Danish society.

Stage 3 of the reopening will be implemented from 8 June

• Museums, theatres, zoos and aquariums and amusement parks
  • Public-sector research activities requiring on-site presence
  • Adult training courses aimed at unemployed people and language schools
  • Folk high schools
  • Evening schools
  • Public-sector offices at great risk of developing major backlogs of unexamined applications

If the situation develops more favourably than anticipated, even more public-sector employees will be allowed to return to their offices.

Stage 4 of the reopening will be implemented in early August

• Upper secondary and futher education institutions
  • Music venues and night clubs
  • Indoor fitness centres, swimming pools and play centres

12 hours ago, XXL said:

And we deserve it

That's amazing . I'm surprised at Thai people too. It turned out we're really afraid of catching covid-19 .

Now we are slowly opening up again . Malls will re open on 17th May . Fitness / Gym will probably be opening end of May.

I wished I could post a photo of a gym in Hong Kong ( it says error 7 again  ) where for every cardio machine there are 2 huge head to toe perspex screens on both sides of the machines  .

4 hours ago, Butter9 said:

That's amazing . I'm surprised at Thai people too. It turned out we're really afraid of catching covid-19 .

Now we are slowly opening up again . Malls will re open on 17th May . Fitness / Gym will probably be opening end of May.

I wished I could post a photo of a gym in Hong Kong ( it says error 7 again  ) where for every cardio machine there are 2 huge head to toe perspex screens on both sides of the machines.

Great  👍

Many countries in South East Asia are so rich in culture, manners, different culinary habits but healthier, I'm reading a book about it, obviously bar the wild animals markets in China which I find abhorrent, I could never eat snakes, rats, bats or dogs of all sweet smart creatures!

But the West always knows best, doesn't it

21 hours ago, XXL said:

And we deserve it

I correct these figures

140 daily deaths in the region of Lombardy

Main international hub of the country

And 230 overall daily national data

Which is still impressive

Considering where Italy was 50 days ago

The UK gov moved too late

And arrogantly too

They still have three times as many daily deaths nationally and they are talking about relaxation? Messy and uncoordinated from day one

Obviously Lombardy has been hit hard because it's the most densely populated region in Italy per area extension with some 10 million inhabitants

18 minutes ago, XXL said:

They still have three times as many deaths and they are talking about relaxation? Messy and uncoordinated from day one.

With particularly messy, unclear and confusing comms and messaging, which is likely to get even more messy with the unveiling of the next phase on Sunday.  We should have gone full lockdown, it’s just much clearer as a call to action. 

35 minutes ago, XXL said:

Great  👍

Many countries in South East Asia are so rich in culture, manners, different culinary habits but healthier, I'm reading a book about it, obviously bar the wild animals markets in China which I find abhorrent, I could never eat snakes, rats, bats or dogs of all sweet smart creatures!

But the West always knows best, doesn't it

Hahaha we do eat some weird things too in Thailand especially in the provinces like field rats ( never tried it ) that feed of rice and lizards as well as deep fried insects .The tourists love them too . I asked my friend who is Chinese once why do they eat dogs in China and he said the meat gives them warmth in the bitterly cold winter . It's the old age belief but I hope all of us have learned something from this pandemic .

I think on the whole our culture has saved us a lot of lives .The fact that we are quite reserved as people ( no kissing / hugging / touching unless you're besties ) and maybe the way we live our lives is different than those in the West .

Personally I just feel like 90% of our people were / are really afraid of catching it . And when we went into lockdown the street was virtually empty and people respected the rules . Our government didn't;t do such good job at helping the less unfortunately . So many people who were left without jobs , incomes , savings  didn't get any help from the government .

The new normal ( how I hate that phase ) is unfortunately here . My office will open fully end of this month and wearing face mask is mandatory and you will be notified and then fired if you do not comply . Who would have thought that it would have come to this ?  

Stay strong and lets make it through this together ! 🙏

:manson: at that “plandemic” video that went viral. I saw it shared so much by people who I thought were reasonably intelligent and sane. This thing is not going away anytime soon as long as there are so many DUMB paranoid conspiracy theorists!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/plandemic-coronavirus-conspiracy-removed-facebook-youtube/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=88219953#app

Viral coronavirus conspiracy video that "could lead to imminent harm" yanked from Facebook and YouTube

Updated on: May 8, 2020 / 12:43 PM

By Christopher Brito

A documentary-style video showing unsubstantiated claims about the novel coronavirus has been removed from Facebook and YouTube. "Plandemic," which went viral this week, features controversial and potentially dangerous conspiracy theories about the coronavirus pandemic. 

The main subject in the video is Judy Mikovits, a discredited former medical researcher who is against vaccines, who claimed the virus was engineered to increase vaccination rates and she alleged wearing face masks are actually harmful. These suggestions are unproven, but that didn't impact the popularity of this clip. 

According to Buzzsumo, a digital tool that collects social engagement data, the 26-minute video was posted multiple times on Facebook and collected millions of interactions in the form of comments or "likes." Those linked to to the YouTube video of the movie, which was viewed millions of times there.  Facebook has taken it down from its site.

"Suggesting that wearing a mask can make you sick could lead to imminent harm, so we're removing the video," a Facebook spokesperson told CBS News in a statement. Wearing masks or face-covering cloths to slow the spread of coronavirus is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help slow the spread of the virus.

YouTube and video platform Vimeo have also followed suit. YouTube posted a notice on the uploads of the video that read: "This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines." A spokesperson for Vimeo told CBS News it "stands firm in keeping our platform safe from content that spreads harmful and misleading health information." 

"The video in question has been removed by our Trust & Safety team for violating these very policies. We are constantly monitoring and will continue to remove any similar videos uploaded," the spokesperson said. 

Twitter said it's blocking hashtags and search related to the video that include #Plandemic, #PlagueOfCorruption, and #Plandemicmovie. In a tweet with an interview, Mikovits urged President Trump to end the lockdown and stop requiring people to wear masks. That video is not currently in violation of the COVID-19 misinformation policy, according to Twitter. The company also said it hasn't seen a "significant inauthentic amplification" of @drjudyamikovits's account on the platform. 

Mikki Willis, the filmmaker behind Plandemic, told CBS News partner CNET in an email that he doesn't plan to appeal the takedowns of the videos, but added that he was "working on a strategy to bypass the gatekeepers." As part of that effort, the movie's website encourages people to download the video and upload it themselves. 

Removing the video completely has proven to be a challenge. A CBS News search has found the video uploaded under variations of the title on YouTube. However, social platforms have said fighting disinformation has been a priority during the pandemic. Facebook and Instagram feature sections that point to the World Health Organization (WHO) or CDC for information on the virus. Twitter also dedicates a visible part for the WHO along with relevant coronavirus information in its search section.