God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

12 hours ago, Simo9jo said:

It seems we’re all doing pre-backlashes now, over-blown hyper-dramatic reactions to anything that’s announced or teased. This video and performances that are weeks away from happening.

We saw earlier in this thread, within the space of about 6 posts, near meltdowns from someone mentioning the video was pushed back/delayed—barely a day after the teaser. 

I mean  I thought I was going to take a sabbatical leave after reading the first Pride thread . Even if Madonna has an account here some people will always have / insinuate some type of negativity and /or meltdown.  How can there be any backlash when :-

1. There is NO video .

2.  There is NO performance .

3. The Tour has not even started !

9 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who needs the GP when we're becoming our own worst enemy.

This is already shaping up to be one of her best eras in the last decade (and more). And it's not gonna happen again for a good while. So I say enjoy the ride while it lasts.

It's one of the BEST eras in a loooong time ! Why can't we enjoy it for like a few days without all these nonsense and if the video and the Pride performance ( I mean she might sample

Imagine ( Fans' Fav ) with American Life to 90s house beats who knows ??!!!  hahaha ) are not to your liking then by all means have a meltdown .

Guest jamesshot

I've always taken Madonna for what she is. She has greatly disappointed me and greatly inspired me. When she disappoints me (like maybe only sampling my fav song on MDNA) or gives a shit performance, I shrug it off. She's given so many awesome performances. Her career is so varied and diverse how can she not disappoint or piss people off? Her whole career is built on challenging us. It is a double edged sword.

I have the impression that most of negative comments here are from people stucked in the 80s/90s and really out of the music scene these days ... How many of you have listen to Billie Eillish par exemple ? ... Madame X is her best one, we should just appreciate that. Spoiled child alert.

11 hours ago, XXL said:

👍

Plus, while we are talking about American Life/God Control, subject matter wise they are very much related, it couldn't be a better match. Here we are, sixteen years later and the commentary on America's wars and the fickleness of American society as a whole has been followed by everything we've been watching unfold in the news since, violence, bigotry, racism, religious fundamentalism of all colours, baseless imperialistic wars sold as democracy exportation, reality TV, the dawn of social media etc etc

But I get it that not everyone sees it that way. They probably think Madonna should just stick to Vogue, Deeper & Deeper and Hung Up simply because "it's the gay pride".

Madonna has always a bigger narrative in mind which is what makes her Madonna in the first place

:clap:

Best post!!!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

^They're in this video. Looks like even in the latest teaser.

I didn't see any, just people in disco outfits. How funny if after all the "where is the song with the drag queens?" talk, it won't actually be this song ☺☺

25 minutes ago, impressiveinstinct said:

I thought this was the video the drag queens were supposed to be in but I don’t see any in the teasers....could it be they are on another video (Crazy?) to come out later?

the drag queens seems to just be extras  not a focus of the video. looks like a big party 

The first teases that showed dancing in the club looked like it featured queens. This would be the video to include then, no doubt, given the "controversial" description of the video featuring drag queens.  🙂

1 minute ago, svperstar said:

OMG ITS COMING LIKE A TEN INCH DICK.

And he shoves it all the way in at once!

24 minutes ago, Shaun said:

We don’t deserve this goddamn era!!!!

We truely don’t! ❤️

32 minutes ago, TXIII said:

I love this look on her. And that framed Patti Smith photo at the top :drama:

FAF4D234-1D81-4531-B873-F047ACD39D65.jpeg

How I love this typist motif! And in the second teaser for the video she looks beyond stunning. Glad Jonas Akerlund is back

2 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

The first teases that showed dancing in the club looked like it featured queens. This would be the video to include then, no doubt, given the "controversial" description of the video featuring drag queens.  🙂

here i was thinking the drag queens would be the focus in the video when they had that big fuss about drag queens getting fired from a drag tour to be in a Madonna video. but judging from the teasers, it looks like it’s gonna be an awesome video.