God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

5 minutes ago, acko said:

I heard 'there was discussion' though...

Well my friend Jean discussed it with Carol & Pete when they were getting mobility scooters repaired over a cup of tea & a ginger nut biscuit (a break from discussing Brexit), and apparently Pete loves it when the disco breakdown kicks in but Carol prefers the 'we need to wake up wake up wake up' bits. 

Just now, Monsieur X said:

Well my friend Jean discussed it with Carol & Pete when they were getting mobility scooters repaired over a cup of tea & a ginger nut biscuit (a break from discussing Brexit), and apparently Pete loves it when the disco breakdown kicks in but Carol prefers the 'we need to wake up wake up wake up' bits. 

:rotfl:

3 hours ago, marcell976 said:

All my (not Madonna's fans) friends really like God Control.

So I think it has some potential to be THE hit.

Of course it does. Should have been clear to the team from day 1 and be performed at Eurovision. They have done many things right this time, but this oversight is just ridiculous. 

39 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I agree. It wouldn't have mattered what else she performed. As long as she did God Control, it would have saved Eurovision.

Eurovision is a crap show anyway.  Madonna (even with so so vocals) was still the highlight.  And there was no way that she could have sang God Control.  They were already pissed about Future.  They wanted her to be basic and God Control is not basic.  The contestant songs were all saccharin sweet.  God Control would have been way "too far" for Eurovision.  That was probably the source of the contract dispute.  

1 minute ago, acko said:

Eurovision, still?

Right?! I woke up and saw the thread was kicking. Came in expecting news, and instead....oh.

1 minute ago, acko said:

Eurovision, still?

haha - unfortunately for the vast majority of Europeans it's the first thing they think about when Madonna is mentioned these days.

45 minutes ago, Bjornvegards said:

I think God Control was to controversial for Eurovision and was dropped. 

I guess she wanted to perform darkballet & future ( a dream for me )

Back to GodControl....hope it s hard to watch...full of what the song is , a THREAt

Edited by idro

Anyone this GC was meant as the first video and her team thought it too controversial for a first single and decided to release it in second weeks sales where it can not do any damage?

4 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Anyone this GC was meant as the first video and her team thought it too controversial for a first single and decided to release it in second weeks sales where it can not do any damage?

No

5 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Maybe, but it could also reignite or keep sales/streams steady by keeping her and the album in the news cycle for a few more weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

No

Why just No? You don't think this is the song that she wanted to do for eurovision and they didn't want because of contraversy? There are always changes in plans and you always want to just firmly believe things are all going as planned and maybe you are right, but I personally think this was intended as the first single and record company did not want it released as the intro to the album campaign.

Just now, Bat-Fan said:

Why just No? You don't think this is the song that she wanted to do for eurovision and they didn't want because of contraversy? There are always changes in plans and you always want to just firmly believe things are all going as planned and maybe you are right, but I personally think this was intended as the first single and record company did not want it released as the intro to the album campaign.

No. I don’t.

2 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Get lost you bore! 

2 hours ago, Monsieur X said:

This is hilarious. :lol2:

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

You are always bringing doubts, disrupting discussions... Frankly, I'm VERY tired of all that! 

The thing with God Control was not doubt, I was speculating if there was a stragety change. I also repeatedly said this could be a hit while other members.. well.. Brought doubts. 

11 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

The thing with God Control was not doubt, I was speculating if there was a stragety change. I also repeatedly said this could be a hit while other members.. well.. Brought doubts. 

I seriously wish you have been banned. I don't fucking hold back. 

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I seriously wish you have been banned. I don't fucking hold back. 

You don't 😞😞