Madame X album general discussion

Hello hyd beautiful peeps ? ( : im wondering if there is any member of the forum signed or registred on WIKIPEDIA to change or rather add that Madame X its been number 1 for the past two weeks on Mexico ( to see more number 1s on the list jeje )  , mix up the store where ive seen it at number 1 its the biggest ( or rather only one left) record store of Mexico , here i add 2 photos as proof hehe , they even ran out the first week of madame X albums on all their editons and only got back the regular edition nowdays , the deluxe one hasnt arrived yet , queen slays in Mexico , i guess its because in Mexico and latino america the GP its a bit less ageist than ur anglo culture   jeje 

64760571_2175357152755030_9077948812193955840_n.jpg

66814093_493595878078142_95707840043286528_n.jpg

Edited by p4_trulo

On 7/12/2019 at 10:39 PM, Beastialg said:

He asked which version is being sold on Argentina music stores. And it's the 2 Deluxe version. And yes it's an import like in most latin american countries. Same thing happened with Rebel Heart.

Actually I am interested in both cases. The Rebel Heart editions sold in Chile were the standard one manufactured here and the Super Deluxe edition which was imported from Argentina. I guess the Madame X Deluxe 2 CD edition being sold in Argentina is the Mexican one? It looks like that most editions sold all over the American continent are being made there as the people who got their redeem copies from the tickets are reporting it.

The super deluxe will be released here in Brazil. untill now, us, brazilians have no physical release. But I'm really happy that the super deluxe was the one chosen to be sold in here. Not sure if it will sell, though. People don't pay more than R$20  (about 5 US$) for a cd. The estimated price for Madame X is R$120 (32,10 US$).

2 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Please don't tell me this era is already over 😞 

I know we still have the tour but plzzzz

Unfortunately it is since God Control/Gay Pride... 

4 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Please don't tell me this era is already over 😞 

I know we still have the tour but plzzzz

The tour is an enormous, integral part of the era. New looks, staging, set list changes, tour merch, daily reports/news/videos from fans, periscopes, traveling, filming rumors, concert film release, live album. All of that is still to come. Plus the Batuka video. What are you on about?

6 minutes ago, Shaun said:

The tour is an enormous, integral part of the era. New looks, staging, set list changes, tour merch, daily reports/news/videos from fans, periscopes, traveling, filming rumors, concert film release, live album. All of that is still to come. Plus the Batuka video. What are you on about?

Stop bringing the tour thing over and over again. Of course the tour is probably the biggest promotion for an album. 

We are talking about the absence of PROMO PERFORMANCES for the album between 18th May and 12th September. 

1 minute ago, zephyralexxx said:

Stop bringing the tour thing over and over again. Of course the tour is probably the biggest promotion for an album. 

We are talking about the absence of PROMO PERFORMANCES for the album between 18th May and 12th September. 

"The tour thing":rotfl:

The tour will hardly have any impact on the album - especially with a very limited number of cities and small audiences. Let’s not fool ourselves. 

Just now, smirnoff_ice said:

The tour will hardly have any impact to the album - especially with a very limited number of cities and small audiences. Let’s not fool ourselves. 

Some of her fans love to lie and fool themselves, laugh about others opinions with explanations and arguments when they have nothing else left to say. 

6 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

The tour will hardly have any impact on the album - especially with a very limited number of cities and small audiences. Let’s not fool ourselves. 

Yes, unfortunately previous tours don't seem to have had any real effect on getting the accompanying album back in the charts.

She needs to get songs onto adverts and other media where's there's continued exposure to the general public.

20 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

Some of her fans love to lie and fool themselves, laugh about others opinions with explanations and arguments when they have nothing else left to say. 

Who am I lying to or fooling? This era has been, and will continue to be, fantastic. You’re worrying yourself over lack of promotion and I’m saying the the most exciting promotion is yet to come. This album, these videos, the documentary...all will keep me more than excited for years to come. I hope you’ll be able to enjoy it too. Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Cheers.

EDIT: Unless you’re concerned with charts and sales. In that case, I cannot relate at all and I offer my apologies.

5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Who am I lying to or fooling? This era has been, and will continue to be, fantastic. You’re worrying yourself over lack of promotion and I’m saying the the most exciting promotion is yet to come. This album, these videos, the documentary...all will keep me more than excited for years to come. I hope you’ll be able to enjoy it too. Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Cheers.

I enjoyed all she did with this album, singles and videos. It's my favourite album from her latest decade.

I just answered someone else's worry about the promotion of Madame X album which is nonexistent since Eurovision in terms of performances. And yes, the performances are the real deal and keep the era alive, when you promote a new album, not the interviews, documentaries or rehearsals pics from the tour which begins in 2 months. Cheers! 

2 hours ago, smirnoff_ice said:

IF it is well received and continues to sell out, it could be expanded.  I am astonished she is skipping Latin/South America, but it could be extended easily.

Live acoustic sets for radio and YouTube 

pop up stores outside New York city

licensing a single song to a movie or show 

a feature on someone else’s song that actually gets pushed as a single 

a longer doc on Netflix or prime

an articulate editorial on ageism, misogyny, whatever topic she pleases 

a summer festival performance

releasing remixes and video single edits so they can actually be played at bars, satellite radio, whatevs 

some creative project for fans to participate/create/play along

Art exhibits around the world on whatever aspect of her artistry she chooses 

Curating playlists, live dj sets, hosting small concerts for Portuguese or Latin around NYC, or preferably any other city outside the US.

etc 

(Not every aspect of promo needs to have her and the album front and center. She could just engage with the artistic communities she cares about and with her fans.)

For all the talk of how experimental this album is, I don't feel it really is at all, except for Dark Ballet.  There is nothing as far out here as Shangti, or Mer Girl, in my opinion.

Despite using world music sounds and singing in foreign languages, this to me is a traditional pop album (a very good one).  I was intrigued by the idea of a Portuguese inspired album, but the end result was more accessible to most listeners. 

The past few albums have been mostly EDM, trap, R and B focused, so this one seems to be more traditional.  This could be why it is my favorite since at least Music.

17 hours ago, p4_trulo said:

Hello hyd beautiful peeps ? ( : im wondering if there is any member of the forum signed or registred on WIKIPEDIA to change or rather add that Madame X its been number 1 for the past two weeks on Mexico ( to see more number 1s on the list jeje )  , mix up the store where ive seen it at number 1 its the biggest ( or rather only one left) record store of Mexico , here i add 2 photos as proof hehe , they even ran out the first week of madame X albums on all their editons and only got back the regular edition nowdays , the deluxe one hasnt arrived yet , queen slays in Mexico , i guess its because in Mexico and latino america the GP its a bit less ageist than ur anglo culture   jeje 

64760571_2175357152755030_9077948812193955840_n.jpg

66814093_493595878078142_95707840043286528_n.jpg

Also, Twenty One Pilots discography is slaying.

I love this, they're my favorite band. 💛

That and MX being #1 prove that we latinos somos los mejores. 🤘🏻

Edited by Alvarø

44 minutes ago, rocKstar said:

In Dark ballet does she say God is on my side and I'll be fine or I'll be his bride?

image.png

image.png

I thought it was “God is on my side and I’m ready to die” ... 

9 hours ago, Nikki said:

Maybe I’m naive, but it doesn’t seem impossible to change it around. Just do a fantastic tour, have it filmed and show it on YouTube professionally..

The best promo (for the album and tour)would be to live stream her show on you tube world wide at the beginning. Can you imagine? Heaven!