Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

19 hours ago, tuckeye said:

i dont know if this was posted already but i thought there was some sort of strange effect on her voice. like the effect her voice has on The Future.  makes sense.

i've been saying this all week! the auto-tune was clearly part of the problem. the human voice does not do what we heard happening. but his other points are valid too. (side note: beyonce lips all the time and most people don't realize.) 

Sorry if this has been posted before, but its worth it again anyway.

2 points:

1. her vocals (as heard from the crowd) are fine. its not note perfect, but its a live performance.

2. how about the staging set up. i love the lighting to make sure everything is in its right place.

8 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Thats 18 million less that saw her squeek

The event, which is organized by the European Broadcasting Union, was watched by 182M viewers – despite not having a U.S. linear partner – and achieved an average share of 36.7%, which was one percentage point higher than a year ago.

The talent contest also received 40M unique viewers on YouTube from 225 territories, during the week of the event with 72% of live viewing on the social video platform coming from viewers under 35.

So in total, it's more like 222 million. 

OMG! That audience is bigger than the Super Bowl. If they MEDELLIN there like in Billboard Awards, there could've been more positive reaction from casual viewers as it's a fun song. 

8 hours ago, ibizaboi24 said:

There is always next time...

No, there won't be a second time on Eurovision. She and Timberlake were the exceptions sofar. I dont see her performing here ever again. It won't happen. And I can not see her performing ever to a bigger audience. Maybe if she secures the Olympic theme and performs at the beginning? Thats why I think it was a lost chance really. For revitalising her career in Europe. The biggest fuck up is the singing of course. But as a whole I think that if she has this amazing disco song in the album (as it is heavily rumoured) and hasn't performed it, its a big lost chance really at an organic European hit. And at this point I firmly believe that she needs it. And in Europe I think she still has a chance (or it could be easier than in USA), but no way its one of the 4 songs released. Medellin in the Madonna parts is amazing, but I dont think any of her public is a regeaton fan or will ever be. Maluma is coming to my city and I like him visually and he is great to Madonna and thats why I considered going, but then I thought no way I m living through 2 hours of regeaton just to hear Medellin for five minutes, so I decided NOT to go. She really mixes her perfect music with artists and music most of her fans try to avoid at any cost (rappers, regeaton, regge etc.). And I will not call Starrah a great songwriter. I Rise is really repetitive and Crave is good, but I think its because of Madonnas songwriting only and inspite of Starrahs. I really hope Mirwais shines on Madame X, meaning the songs are more like FLovers, Paradise or LIWB rather than I m Stupid, Love Profusion or AL. Otherwise...

It would be interesting what her next album would be. I think its a high time for a M/Leonard/Henry album. At this point I think this is the only way for her to gain back a lot of old fans.

Just now, elijah said:

:abuse:🙄🧐:wacko::wacko::banghead:

First, I just don't agree that working with Leonard and Henry would work out for her. 

Second, althouhgh "I Rise" sounds a bit flat, "Crave" is a really good song, so I can't make any definite conclusions when it comes to Starrah songwriting.

Third, I wouldn't like to change Madame X Madonna with some kind of nostalgic Madonna doing similar music again and again. 

On the other hand, I agree that Eurovision was missed opportunity for her to reach new fans and get some of her old fanbase back. 💃😘

10 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

OMG! That audience is bigger than the Super Bowl. If they MEDELLIN there like in Billboard Awards, there could've been more positive reaction from casual viewers as it's a fun song. 

Umm, that’s what we have been saying since the very first rumors appeared. It’s twice as big as Super Bowl and she’d better make the best of this once-in-a-lifetime chance. 

But...  

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

First, I just don't agree that working with Leonard and Henry would work out for her. 

Second, althouhgh "I Rise" sounds a bit flat, "Crave" is a really good song, so I can't make any definite conclusions when it comes to Starrah songwriting.

Third, I wouldn't like to change Madame X Madonna with some kind of nostalgic Madonna doing similar music again and again. 

On the other hand, I agree that Eurovision was missed opportunity for her to reach new fans and get some of her old fanbase back. 💃😘

I still think M/Leonard/Henry lp would be a monumental album (if she gives it her all), because all 3 are amazing songwriters as a rule and I think the strong songwriting was the reason ROL was such a success. Thats why I d rather blame Madonna and Leonard for it rather than Orbit. And NRM demo is a perfect proof for this.

I Rise as a song is not strong enough, Crave is and it has this Madonna "essence" thats why I think its mainly M here. Still Crave is not Frozen or Hung Up so I dont think Starrah is the genius everyone claims she is. Plus her other songs are bland.

I dont want MadameX to be a nostalgic record or similar to her old records too. I dont feel like she has fused her great songwriting talent with a great artist or music sofar or most likely: that collaboration hasn't been released. For example, I wanted to hear her music fused with Dino DI Santiago's one, because he is a great musician and his music could really uplift Madonnas or with bosa nova or some other great music (fado for example), but we are yet to hear this. And I have the feeling those unreleased songs would be much better than the 4 songs we heard so far. Thats why I said the strategy with this album probably is like releasing Love song instead of LAP, cause its a feature. She should really release the strongest song not "the most radio friendly" or a collaboration. But that has been happening since 2008.

36 minutes ago, elijah said:

I still think M/Leonard/Henry lp would be a monumental album (if she gives it her all), because all 3 are amazing songwriters as a rule and I think the strong songwriting was the reason ROL was such a success. Thats why I d rather blame Madonna and Leonard for it rather than Orbit. And NRM demo is a perfect proof for this.

I Rise as a song is not strong enough, Crave is and it has this Madonna "essence" thats why I think its mainly M here. Still Crave is not Frozen or Hung Up so I dont think Starrah is the genius everyone claims she is. Plus her other songs are bland.

I dont want MadameX to be a nostalgic record or similar to her old records too. I dont feel like she has fused her great songwriting talent with a great artist or music sofar or most likely: that collaboration hasn't been released. For example, I wanted to hear her music fused with Dino DI Santiago's one, because he is a great musician and his music could really uplift Madonnas or with bosa nova or some other great music (fado for example), but we are yet to hear this. And I have the feeling those unreleased songs would be much better than the 4 songs we heard so far. Thats why I said the strategy with this album probably is like releasing Love song instead of LAP, cause its a feature. She should really release the strongest song not "the most radio friendly" or a collaboration. But that has been happening since 2008.

As I said somewhere before, I think they are trying to boost her stream numbers which happened with Maluma, but not on the same level with Swae Lee. 

It seems that Dino is involved, but not as much as I expected him to be. 

I'm really curious about this album, but your point about releasing radio friendly song first instead of the strongest one seems valid.

12 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

Youre killing me. Of course its bigger and always known fact its gonna be bigger.

2 hours ago, elijah said:

I’m sure you’ll find the perfect song in Madame X. We get it, you don’t like any of the songs released so far and the continuous comparison with other of her songs is tired. 

11 hours ago, ibizaboi24 said:

There is always next time...

After all what came from this I doubt they would want her back or if she herself wants to do it again ever

Basicly it would need her to compromise her artist integrity and give Kylie like tacky show

Madame X likes to express her anger with her “fuck you” message!! I’m all for this but she’s gotta admit if she’s had even an ounce of the energy in this video at Eurovision she wouldn’t have had this backlash

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

I’m sure you’ll find the perfect song in Madame X. We get it, you don’t like any of the songs released so far and the continuous comparison with other of her songs is tired. 

:wacko::banghead: Its not that I dont like the new songs. I find Crave, Medellin and Future quite ok to be honest, but they dont compare to songs like Devil Pray for example. I m sure there would be better songs on MadameX.

Lol @ Madonna performing Like A Prayer energetically as it should have been done on Eurovision two weeks ago.:lmao:

Sad, but that performance was the biggest missed opportunity of her career. 222 millions of people watching and she gave them little to nothing to remember once it was over.