Jump to content

The "Future" thread


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, elijah said:

Its a good song per se, but I still prefer Devil Pray IMMENSELY to this. Till now we haven't got songs that are better than Devil Pray, Hold Tight, RH, Joan Of Arc IMO. Hope there are such on the album and if there are, she has once again fucked up the singles as she has continuously done since 2008.

Future is a great ALBUM track. It was never officially named a single until the Eurovision Press Releases. I think since the beginning the single was Crave. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Future is a great ALBUM track. It was never officially named a single until the Eurovision Press Releases. I think since the beginning the single was Crave. 

I wasn't talking about Future 🙂 but about all 4 songs we heard sofar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2019 at 3:46 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

It's interesting that she chose to play it safe at the Super Bowl but not Eurovision. She clearly did not see it as a similar situation.

I believe Eurovision taking place in Israel instead of Indianapolis played a part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Future is a great ALBUM track. It was never officially named a single until the Eurovision Press Releases. I think since the beginning the single was Crave. 

I think the confusion is because there’s strong reason to believe the video with the drag queens is for “Future”.   I’m not so secretly hoping for a visual album though as there was a lot of filming that doesn’t seem to be related to what we’ve seen thus far.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dindi said:

I think the confusion is because there’s strong reason to believe the video with the drag queens is for “Future”.   I’m not so secretly hoping for a visual album though as there was a lot of filming that doesn’t seem to be related to what we’ve seen thus far.  

I doubt it as the song was described as a dance/disco track from sources on the set. 

The latest rumour is the song is for God Control as that's the song in leaked descriptions has a disco infused sound.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All, check out the STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion tread.

jandresrc is offering us Spotify Premium account so we can stream all Madame X songs.  He even has a playlist for us to use. So if you don’t currently have a Spotify Premium account go to the tread, click the link with Spotify Premium accounts, and claim an account and stream his playlist or create your own. He has also shared with us playlists for Apple Music and YouTube.

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?/topic/58412-streamingsales-strategy-and-discussion/page/6/&tab=comments#comment-2786116

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gotta say. If I had heard just the chorus (and I’m not the biggest fan of the robot vocals from the chorus), and just quavo’s parts (which sound amazing), I would have been scared to hear Madonna’s verse, especially if someone described it to me as a rap or rap-esque. 

BUT SHE KILLED it. I LOVE her verse/rap at the beginning. And even MORE so watching her sing it on Instagram, something I wouldn’t have guessed would ever make me like a song more. 

And the eurovision performance made me like it more too! (Except quavo’s part...his was just walking)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a fun song much better produced then written with a quite formulaic chorus. I still enjoy it very much but it isn't as iconic as Medellin. At the end of the day Madonna is a iconic star with iconic songs. Future is just a good album track even if we should wait to judge that in context. I mean a good album track can be named so only if it does support the cohesiveness of a album. 

I believe we should refrain to judge Rebel heart as a whole project for similar reasons....because of the leaks we will never know how this was supposed to be released. When people says it is a mess I feel really sorry for Madonna, what happened and in a way her inability to stay firm and enjoy the bumpy ride. 

When she was in her imperial phase I'm sure she would have turned that accident into a business strategy....maybe a extra album titled the rebel leak with as a cover a selfie of her leaking the toilet door of her (iconic) bathroom 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think I must have been in a very bad mood when I first heard this song, as it has grown on me immensely. I actually think it's the catchiest of her releases so far... the chorus has a repetitive, rhythmic earworm quality to it.

I also like how political it is if you are paying attention, and how she can use the argument of "not coming to the future" equally as well with ignorant world leaders and fans that try to box her in with her past material.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has taken me a while to warm up to this song but I find that I do like it after having had some time to digest it and break it down. My favorite part is Madonna's first verse...the way she juxtaposes the words with the reggae beat is really cool and inspired and the vocoder on her voice also lends it a really busted, futuristic quality that I like a lot. And I love that she says "You ain't woke," it's like a rebuke to everyone who uses that word in a superficial way to trumpet their own social sensitivity. This song makes me think of "Music" in a weird way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Priceless said:

It has taken me a while to warm up to this song but I find that I do like it after having had some time to digest it and break it down. My favorite part is Madonna's first verse...the way she juxtaposes the words with the reggae beat is really cool and inspired and the vocoder on her voice also lends it a really busted, futuristic quality that I like a lot. And I love that she says "You ain't woke," it's like a rebuke to everyone who uses that word in a superficial way to trumpet their own social sensitivity. This song makes me think of "Music" in a weird way.

Thats my favorite part too!

I keep repeating the song just for her first lines

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Miphiwart said:

Thats my favorite part too!

I keep repeating the song just for her first lines

Same for me ! The 1st verse is EVERYTHING. So catchy and really really like what she does with her voice there. 

I really like that song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, runa said:

Same for me ! The 1st verse is EVERYTHING. So catchy and really really like what she does with her voice there. 

I really like that song.

I like it even more when she sang it in the car. I kept coming to her ig just to watch that 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, alquemist said:

 

This mix of the song is LIFE!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...