The "Future" thread

22 minutes ago, Kim said:

Jesus, imagine she'd croxed her way through the Super Bowl and she'd been the one to give the finger? Those giving the condescending sermons this morning from over the pond would have had convulsions 🤣

It would of been a disaster but I do think the compassion is a fair one. I'm sure the NFL were on egg shells when they signed Madonna to do the halftime and luckily we got a fantastic halftime without any politics.....but then again I think she would of been fined a fortune if she had of made a political statement. 

Obviously Madonna was in a political mood for the Eurovision and with no threat of a fine she did it against the rules. Obviously her halftime Bowl is more historic in the great scheme of things but both events are marketed as non political but I was anticipating half a Super Bowl type set due to the massive logistics she was given last night and the fact she had a significant time slot on the stage.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

Exactly she would of known by making the political protest the performance was never going to enjoy an offcial upload. The Eurovision has always been marketed as above politics and about the music. 

I am just thankful she didn't break the rules at SuperBowl and she stuck to no politics, that would of been a travesty no offcial upload !

And guess what? She gives a f*ck. And so should we. 

Maybe we need to adress a certain thing here. The Eurovision in its current form is nothing more than opium for the masses. And the fact that almost everyone seems to be playing by the rules or obeying rules is disgusting. It is a huge hyporisy. Paid by the citizens of the member countries. Let's be real here, in the end this is solely a huge ad for the Country hosting the event. Everyone is turning a blind eye when they should not. And all is justified by "it's a non political event". I wonder what happens the next time the show is held in Russia or Azerbaidjan. I guess we will have a Berlin 1936 Olympics situation. Autocratic countries will pretend they respect the human rights of everyone and the visitors and media will spread the word that everything is perfectly fine. 

WAKE UP. Indeed. 

5 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Maybe we need to adress a certain thing here. The Eurovision in its current form is nothing more than opium for the masses. And the fact that almost everyone seems to be playing by the rules or obeying rules is disgusting. It is a huge hyporisy. Paid by the citizens of the member countries. Let's be real here, in the end this is solely a huge ad for the Country hosting the event. Everyone is turning a blind eye when they should not. And all is justified by "it's a non political event". I wonder what happens the next time the show is held in Russia or Azerbaidjan. I guess we will have a Berlin 1936 Olympics situation. Autocratic countries will pretend they respect the human rights of everyone and the visitors and media will spread the word that everything is perfectly fine. 

WAKE UP. Indeed. 

I disagree.

BTW I admire her political message last night it's the performance I have issue with and the execution. 

The Eurovision, Super Bowl, Olympics these events are all non political for a very good reason. Music and sport should never be entangles in governments, laws or political movements because these events are simply not about that they are celebratory events plain and simple. 

There weren’t calls for her to boycott the Super Bowl ahead of time, though. And likewise there was no official upload of the Super Bowl performance on YouTube afterward (still isn’t) — either from the NFL or Madonna.

Not trying to rub salt in wounds. I’m sorry fans are disappointed in some respects. In a rush or I would write more to explain.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

I disagree.

BTW I admire her political message last night it's the performance I have issue with and the execution. 

The Eurovision, Super Bowl, Olympics these events are all non political for a very good reason. Music and sport should never be entangles in governments, laws or political movements because these events are simply not about that they are celebratory events plain and simple. 

Olympics? Non-political? I guess you are born after 1989? 

You should read about the 1936 Olympics or watch a documentary. You will be unpleansantly surpised. But not by the Germans. I had a reason to adress that particuar Olympics because it very much refects the situation we live in right now. So much happens right before our eyes, yet we turn a blind eye. 

1 minute ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Olympics? Non-political? I guess you are born after 1989? 

You should read about the 1936 Olympics or watch a documentary. You will be unpleansantly surpised. But not by the Germans. I had a reason to adress that particuar Olympics because it very much refects the situation we live in right now. So much happens right before our eyes, yet we turn a blind eye. 

I was born after 1989 and I am aware if the state of Germany in 1936 and the treatment of the game .

But my reply was a general one regarding events like the Super Bowl, Olympics and the matter at hand Eurovision. These are celebratory events not government meetings.

Politics are inescapable. Government corruption is inescapable. What I'm saying is political agendas should not come into it and the Eurovision for an example is music contest about different people coming together like Madonna said, leaving politics out of it. 

That's not being shallow or not caring about the larger world, I admire Madonnas message and I agree with her we all do but these events are marketed as non political for a reason that's all I'm trying to say. ✌️

25 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

WAKE UP. Indeed. 

Dude those of us who said that right from the beginning were told to shut the fuck up because Eurovision is "non political" and Madonna would not be allowed to do this or say that and how dumb to expect her to squander this opportunity to celebrate music and coming together and all the usual twaddle. Now the same deludes are using her "message" as the saving grace of this messy off day she had. Yeah, some people do need to wake up indeed.

3 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I'll be happy to move on from this mess. Bring on the Crave video and Dark Ballet. 

I think the focus now will be on Crave not future.

The offcial radio impact date is this Monday so I expect the video to be out next week to support it.

I can see Madonna performing and promoting Crave as it has been billed as the offcial 2nd single.

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I think the focus now will be on Crave not future.

The offcial radio impact date is this Monday so I expect the video to be out next week to support it.

I can see Madonna performing and promoting Crave as it has been billed as the offcial 2nd single.

The slight upside (hey, got to be positive!) of the negative reaction to Eurovision is that I think Crave can proceed as the clear second single without confusion. If it had all gone over better there might have been confusion about Future v. Crave. 

My guess would be that if Madonna does talk shows with performance around the album release, Crave will be the song she performs. 

2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I'll be happy to move on from this mess. Bring on the Crave video and Dark Ballet. 

:yes: Same, this era is only just beginning.

3 hours ago, Cesky said:

The slight upside (hey, got to be positive!) of the negative reaction to Eurovision is that I think Crave can proceed as the clear second single without confusion. If it had all gone over better there might have been confusion about Future v. Crave. 

My guess would be that if Madonna does talk shows with performance around the album release, Crave will be the song she performs. 

Future is selling well right now and people think its the new single.

5 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Future is selling well right now and people think its the new single.

Careful you'll get shot for that old skool thinking.

Its not about singles anymore it's about random performances of different songs from the album. ☺️

But of course your right.

3 hours ago, Cesky said:

Future seems to be doing well and got the boost it was always going to get from the massive exposure last night. 

But I doubt she will perform it again until the tour now.

2nd single Crave bring it on.

44 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Future seems to be doing well and got the boost it was always going to get from the massive exposure last night. 

But I doubt she will perform it again until the tour now.

2nd single Crave bring it on.

Crave is beautiful but Future is very interesting.

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Crave is beautiful but Future is very interesting.

I do agree actually.

I am very excited about the Crave video and roll out next week to radio.

I appreciate the message of Future last night at Eurovision, I've made no secret in the fact I felt it was wrong for the event and such but here we are and the Madame X era is certainly on fire. 

15 hours ago, Confessit said:

It would of been a disaster but I do think the compassion is a fair one. I'm sure the NFL were on egg shells when they signed Madonna to do the halftime and luckily we got a fantastic halftime without any politics.....but then again I think she would of been fined a fortune if she had of made a political statement. 

Obviously Madonna was in a political mood for the Eurovision and with no threat of a fine she did it against the rules. Obviously her halftime Bowl is more historic in the great scheme of things but both events are marketed as non political but I was anticipating half a Super Bowl type set due to the massive logistics she was given last night and the fact she had a significant time slot on the stage.

Did Beyoncé get fined for her political super bowl?

2 hours ago, imakicola said:

Did Beyoncé get fined for her political super bowl?

Eurovision is more akin to the olympics than the Super Bowl. Of course everything is political.

Madonna’s final message of the super bowl was World Peace spelled out on the football field...so it was as political as the Eurovision performance. 

Unity, Freedom, Peace, Equality are always her very peacefully political stances. 🤷🏽‍♂️

5 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

for those who speak/understand Italian, here's a very interesting commentary on the Eurovision performance:

Cavoli! E' ancora attivo Red Ronnie!! questo clip deve essere tradotto in English, everyone should know the HUGE support he is showing and very  eloquently! BRAVO RED RONNIE! The only one who openly publicly understood what the fuck her peformance was all about and his commenting on the theatrical symbolism as well - pero' nell'altro thread su Eurovision, non qua che e' fuori luogo.

2 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

Cavoli! E' ancora attivo Red Ronnie!! questo clip deve essere tradotto in English, everyone should know the HUGE support he is showing and very  eloquently! BRAVO RED RONNIE! The only one who openly publicly understood what the fuck her peformance was all about and his commenting on the theatrical symbolism as well - pero' nell'altro thread su Eurovision, non qua che e' fuori luogo.

sorry non mi ero accorto che c'era un altro thread aperto per l'Eurovision ^^

5 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

Eurovision is more akin to the olympics than the Super Bowl. Of course everything is political.

Madonna’s final message of the super bowl was World Peace spelled out on the football field...so it was as political as the Eurovision performance. 

Unity, Freedom, Peace, Equality are always her very peacefully political stances. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Hardly the same. A world peace message is very different to what she did at the Eurovision.

Her SuperBowl performance was not political. 

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

It's interesting that she chose to play it safe at the Super Bowl but not Eurovision. She clearly did not see it as a similar situation.

I think the NFL were extreamly strict with her right down to what she wore after all the Super Bowl is the biggest event in the states with every American watching. 

Plus there would of been a threat of a fine if she did something out of place. It would of absolutely killed her completely had she of been political at the event in America as well to the extent she made the message at Eurovision, to the extent I think she could of been forced to cancel some MDNA shows in America, which would of been a disaster for LiveNation so there were many reasons she played it brilliantly and kept politics out of it.

Its a good song per se, but I still prefer Devil Pray IMMENSELY to this. Till now we haven't got songs that are better than Devil Pray, Hold Tight, RH, Joan Of Arc IMO. Hope there are such on the album and if there are, she has once again fucked up the singles as she has continuously done since 2008.