STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

5 minutes ago, BokuNo said:

His biggest videos are from songs that were monsters in Latin America. As much as we like Medellín let’s not set ourselves up for disappointment either. Something that also helps his videos is sensuality like in Chantaje and Felizes Los 4. M isn’t gonna be rolling rolling around a bed in lingerie. Let’s be realistic here. 300M is very good for an M collab.

Thalia is very respected in Latin America rn. And there was a lot of sexual chemistry between them that we’re not gonna get in Medellín simply because that’s not how M is gonna roll. Can we please not set ourselves up for disappointment?

If this doesn’t do at least TWO billion within 2 months it’s a FLOP and I will be done with Madonna for good.

The "just give the gays what they want" is definitely one of the stupidest thing I read on this forum in years. Talk about being clueless and disconnected !  :doh:

I just love it so much and she put so much effort in it and the video that I want it to be successful. It’s a shame that we live in such an agist world that she and the single aren’t judged on their merit. There is so much shit out there in the charts. Anyway, this doesn’t stop me from enjoying the new era and listen to it a million times a day! 

34 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

What percentage of YouTube videos go towards chart ? 10%? 

100% of the streams count towards youtube charts providing you only stream it max 10 times within a 24 hr period. If you play the track on repeat then those dont count so best to intermittantly play on youtube.

Towards the UK charts its 600 streams = 1 sale on free platforms. 

The biggest impact is using a streaming paid account like spotify then 100 spins = 1 sale being 6 times more effective. Again dont repeat the track make a playlist with every 2nd song being Medellin.

Buying the single will give her 1 sale providing you dont purchase with pre ordering Madame X as this wont count. Ive purchased the single today on Amazon Music which counts towards the charts as 1 sale for next fri chart. On Amazon it asks you to pre order album, but just click the Madellin track and costs you the sum of just 99p 🤗

1 minute ago, Rebel Saviour said:

In Italy the song is definitely getting airplay. It debuts at 45 in the Earone  chart (the official airplay chart) after one day. She is at 1 on itunes. This is already a hit here for sure. 

yay!

madonna.italians.do.it.bett.jpg

Yes good advice above ,

im trying not to let the lack of radio support etc get in my way of enjoying her music but like post above I love the song and if given a wider platform I think general public would warm to it too. Major grower song and they usually stick around . Anyway , thanks for above re streaming  , YouTube rules etc . I’ll try not to be so obsessed with wanting her to have a hit 😊

38 minutes ago, runa said:

The "just give the gays what they want" is definitely one of the stupidest thing I read on this forum in years. Talk about being clueless and disconnected !  :doh:

I know, it makes it sound like Madonna is a little niche pop star, a la Kylie, Britney - it’s actually insulting.

1 minute ago, iamme said:

Madonna WILL PERFORM ST THE BB MUSIC AWARDS ON MAY 1

OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

37 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Videos I'm discovering while streaming the shit out of Medellin

Aw, cute. I love cats! Are you streaming on Youtube? If you are, and you're doing it to help Madonna, you probably shouldn't waste your time. Because only one view per user is counted on youtube. Even if you have multiple accounts, only one view will be counted. They do this at an IP level.

In terms of YT, I think probably the only useful thing to do is to leave and like a lot of comments. Viewing the video repeatedly isn't gonna do anything..

3 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Aw, cute. I love cats! Are you streaming on Youtube? If you are, and you're doing it to help Madonna, you probably shouldn't waste your time. Because only one view per user is counted on youtube. Even if you have multiple accounts, only one view will be counted. They do this at an IP level.

In terms of YT, I think probably the only useful thing to do is to leave and like a lot of comments. Viewing the video repeatedly isn't gonna do anything..

Thank you!!

then it's better to stream only on Spotify? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Toni said:

I know, it makes it sound like Madonna is a little niche pop star, a la Kylie, Britney - it’s actually insulting.

Even more insulting is the fact that it suggests that all gays are interested in only one style of music. 🙄 Sorry, but I did not get stuck in 1989. I'm interested in all kinds of musical styles and no matter the language. It's sad to see that an artist who has always privileged curiosity and cultural blending can have some "fans" as one-dimensional.

5 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Thank you!!

then it's better to stream only on Spotify? :lol: 

Yeah well, Spotify, Apple Music and other services. And even those only count about a dozen of streamings per day. So we probably shouldn't bother trying to "fake" the success of this single. It's doing well so far, and I think it's authentic. If those safety measures weren't in place, Gaga's crazy fanbase would have gotten her about 20 #1 singles.

3 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

4.2M views on YouTube already! :order:

It looks like it will end up with a little less than yesterday's total?? Do YouTube views tend to peak on Saturday?

it isnt charted in spotify global 200. i didn't expect it. i thought 770k update would be eligible for entering the chart. so the 2nd day update must be less than 650k. 

Edited by fandonna

4 minutes ago, fandonna said:

it isnt charted in spotify global 200. i didn't expect it. i thought 770k update would be eligible for entering the chart. so the 2nd day update must be less than 650k. 

She has a chance tomorrow after appearing in all those new music playlists all around the world. 

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

I think you guys are being a little pessimistic. She CAN become a strong charts darling again, especially when she performs a new strong song on Eurovision. As silly as this sounds, it's true.. just give the gays what they want: the disco flavour of disco god Mirwais, (or a strong pop song) add in the political message for gay rights, and bam.. #1 in most countries in Europe.

however, Medellin is not that song.

I hear you on this, it seems quite simple on paper but honestly, I think even if she throws out a "disco stomper" those pathetic IG gays will still find a way to dismiss it. The vitriol they display goes beyond simply disliking Medellin.....read some of the shit they say, it's far deeper than that. Her "disco stomper" would inevitably NOT be as good as HU (or whatever past track they want to compare it to) and tbqh I don't think they'll embrace it either. Sorry to be pessimistic. Maybe I should just stop reading her IG comments because they are REPULSIVE and very personal. NO WAY people write things like I've seen because they dislike a pop song....Idc how much they hate it. It's vile. 

It’s slowing down a little bit but hopefully the weekend will help.

I’m so happy that she’s performing on the BMA!!! 

And those songs are not singles, just buzz singles that a lot of artists release before the album, Ariana for example released Thank you, next, Imagine and 7 rings before the album.