Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

Personally I think the most important thing is the album sales.

I hope it will sell > 1m copies worldwide at least.

I don't have much hope for single chart since it's heavily depend on streaming/radio and physical single sales is non-existent.

46 minutes ago, horn said:

Personally I think the most important thing is the album sales.

I hope it will sell > 1m copies worldwide at least.

I don't have much hope for single chart since it's heavily depend on streaming/radio and physical single sales is non-existent.

r YT streams counted towards UK chart?

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

r YT streams counted towards UK chart?

Yes they do. YouTube is also a streaming service. 

I really hope they release a physical of this, give me that picture disc for my collection Queen! 

1 hour ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Medellin appears at 70 in the UK Midweek. Hopefully it will rise once the video is out. I am not sure if streaming is already included  or not. It's usually added later.

well at least thats something and it should get big streaming from the video

1 hour ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Medellin appears at 70 in the UK Midweek. Hopefully it will rise once the video is out. I am not sure if streaming is already included  or not. It's usually added later.

Streaming is included. Radio is still not touching this. It'll be time to worry soon.

6 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Streaming is included. Radio is still not touching this. It'll be time to worry soon.

The radio situation is indeed worrying but it's good to know that streaming is included. Let's hope that the video generates great views in Uk as well. Since Youtube views are counted, she can rise from that 70th position.

Must admit I’m pretty disappointed with this entry at 70. I’m hopeful that the video will push it, as it’s dropping fast on the iTunes chart.

Also a lot of singles peak on the week the album drops, or if a physical is released too. So fingers crossed. 

43 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Must admit I’m pretty disappointed with this entry at 70. I’m hopeful that the video will push it, as it’s dropping fast on the iTunes chart.

Also a lot of singles peak on the week the album drops, or if a physical is released too. So fingers crossed. 

Putting it into perspective LFL got to number 24 with a video, an award performance and the fact the song had been out for months prior to its actual release.

Medellin has had none of the above. So I think it's far to early to call it we have promotion starting tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Negative factors:

She's not being played on radio

It's a bilingual, grower which may have impact on its chances of a good position

It was released on a Wednesday which is never a good idea

Her singles career in the UK was ruined back in 2012 with no promo which affected Rebel Heart

Positive factors:

MTV promo

music video

Eurovision

4 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Negative factors:

She's not being played on radio

It's a bilingual, grower which may have impact on its chances of a good position

It was released on a Wednesday which is never a good idea

Her singles career in the UK was ruined back in 2012 with no promo which affected Rebel Heart

Positive factors:

MTV promo

music video

Eurovision

If anything can bag her a chart hit after all these years it's the Eurovision. It has a loyal audience in the U.K. so if it's a good song (we all have high hopes for the disco stomper) then I think the song will be bought/streamed following the Eurovision performance.

I don't think the BB performance will have much of an impact here in the U.K. but the way I see it is Medellin won't be the hit over here it will be the next single.

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

This is just the UK Midweek, so it hasn't officially entered the chart yet. 

43 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

ARE YOU BEING SERVED IS THE  PROMO 

😂 I know it's a joke but this just shows how much this sing is resonating with the general public. I'm seeing so many references to the song on Twitter.

I can't help thinking the radio boycott is part of a plan and it will get a radio release later on.

12 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

This is just the UK Midweek, so it hasn't officially entered the chart yet. 

Yes I understand that, but it’s dropping as the week progresses. The video on Wednesday will give it a boost, hopefully higher!

Look at the most popular Romania's radio station. Among 80% of the songs played here would fit with Medellin as well. If only these radio stations would give it a chance and won't take in consideration this damn age factor. 

https://www.kissfm.ro/airplay100

So the only  R2 presenters to have played her are those who've interviewed her and liked her. I don't think there's been ANYTHING on commercial radio. "Real" first single or not, there's surely no harm in sending it to radio. And if those youtube figures are correct for the UK (150k) then I really don't know what to say!

Last night I emailed Jo Whiley and Sara Cox asking why R2 doesn't play the new Madonna song. i wonder if she played it following my email. 😊

I still don't understand the strategy. Did Madonna's team decide to wait for the video launch and then send the song to radio? Do radio stations just not want to play her? It is strange because this is a very radio friendly song and there is no reason not to play it. In anycase I really hope the situation changes and the song gets airplay after the video release. 

It's been played twice today and once yesterday on Radio 2. 8 plays since it came out last Wednesday. You can search on their playlist to see when it was played. No idea how to link on here though. They last played her 20 mins ago.

For comparison - Bananrama are A listed and were played 12 times in thevsane period. Louise was played 7 times in the same period and she's on the R2 C list. She was played less than Madonna who isn't on their lists.

Radio2you.co.uk

Click on the station, then click on playlist and search each station to see if they played Medellin this week. Capital played her once on 21st at 5pm, for example