Montreal 9/10 Bell Center: 2nd NIGHT - fan reviews

Guest ditaluver

I hate that people judge by low quality clip on youtube. This is so sad because you're basing your idea on bad clip and it gives you a wrong idea of what the show is in reality.

Of course it's not perfect. Of course she could do "this" and "that". Of course she could sing "that song" instead of "this one".

We all have our expectation and, because we love her so much, we want everything to be perfect.

But in the end, I can assure you you'll live two of the best hours of your life. And the reason is simple: that's because she is true to herself. She does what she wants, sing what she wants and perform how she wants. That makes her happy and this happiness is very contagious. With that smile, that voice, she could sit two hours, singing alone with a guitar and we all would be to her feet.

Just wait to see the show. You'll understand exactly what I mean.

Amen.

I think all Madonna's shows are different . I don't want to see DWT part 2 or MDNA Part 2 thanks . She's 57 and maybe she can no longer perform full on dance-athon nights after nights for months anymore . She is bringing her more intimate shows to places I did not even expect her to visit (Manila and my friend who works for concert promoter here says there might be a chance of her coming to Thailand ).

From what I can see on YouTube the show looks amazing and she looks so fucking happy . I want to grow with her as a fan and I don't expect her to perform in her cone bras for the rest of her life .

I hate that people judge by low quality clip on youtube. This is so sad because you're basing your idea on bad clip and it gives you a wrong idea of what the show is in reality.

Of course it's not perfect. Of course she could do "this" and "that". Of course she could sing "that song" instead of "this one".

We all have our expectation and, because we love her so much, we want everything to be perfect.

But in the end, I can assure you you'll live two of the best hours of your life. And the reason is simple: that's because she is true to herself. She does what she wants, sing what she wants and perform how she wants. That makes her happy and this happiness is very contagious. With that smile, that voice, she could sit two hours, singing alone with a guitar and we all would be to her feet.

Just wait to see the show. You'll understand exactly what I mean.

You're completely right but I don't think anyone's genuinely upset with anything or even "judging" the show. This a FANTASTIC show and that seems to be the universal consensus. I can't wait to see it in person and I'm sure I'll be even more blown away. People are just merely dreaming out loud and fantasizing about what could've been or how she could do certain things differently, etc. They're not critiques, just thoughts, fantasies, ideas.

400$ - regular price for floor seat

Not sure it will be the same everywhere but it was row K

Thats great! Hoping i can do the same and thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts on the show! Make me excited to see it!!!

I'm feeling stupid now that I couldn't afford a ticket closer to the stage for my turn in December.. But I did see MDNA from Golden Circle so shouldn't complain!

To me it looks like quite a lot of dancing although it's a different kind of show, and I love how beautiful her singing is.

This seems to be like Re-Invention tour in the way that it's more intimate and a bit damage control. Even the fact she's so fully dressed. She's really trying to appeal to the audience this time around and not just fans of her last few albums which is great.

I think the fact this tour is so mid-tempo has more to do with the album and concept itself. It's all so romantic either in a tragic or happy way if you know what i mean.

And we're seeing an evolution of something that started on her Sticky & Sweet Tour, increased during the MDNA Tour and here it's just wow: the interaction with the audience. and above all...is it just me or she never looked happier on tour? I swear every video i've seen she's smiling or laughing!

And also, something i was asking for a while: A less high-budget tour or at least something that wouldn't take the spotlight out of her. I always felt MDNA was too much: Dancers everywhere, the screens, everything moving and she was kinda lost in the middle of it all. That doesn't happen here.

The only two weird things for me are: No Ghosttown and a weird last section.

Also, am i the only one that feels like they changed the idea for this show while they were already planing it? It all starts so expensive and gets less and less "high maintenance"...not sure if they were expecting this to sellout imediatly like MDNA or what happened there.

Mench i think you may just need to relax a little bit and see the show when you see it. Maybe stop creating such crazy expectations for yourself. We already talked about Madonna's dancing in a different thread and we all agreed that it's just a different show. The woman is 57 after all and all that high intensity choreo and mammoth production you were talking about resulted in a very exhausted and scatterbrained Madonna by the end of MDNA (well, it contributed to that at least). 11:30 PM start times, bitching at fans, getting very sick, beginning the show with the second segment instead of GGW in Chile, getting booed, on and on. The woman was too tired and overextended herself that year. It wasn't easy towards the end of that tour. I mean do you really want her to piss off people like that again? She learned major lessons in 2012 and we are seeing the result of that in this show. It's a vastly different show but probably her most romantic and heartfelt ever. Give her a chance to impress you again IN PERSON. Enough with the chicken little stuff.

And this is coming from someone who considers MDNA their favorite tour, just an FYI.

Absolutely correct!

The only two weird things for me are: No Ghosttown and a weird last section.

Also, am i the only one that feels like they changed the idea for this show while they were already planing it? It all starts so expensive and gets less and less "high maintenance"...not sure if they were expecting this to sellout imediatly like MDNA or what happened there.

I do suppose they originally relied on a bigger budget but had to scale things down as tickets didn't sell as expected. Personally, I don't mind at all – I cannot wait to see her up, close, intimate and all smiles.

I agree about Ghosttown.

i didn't like sticky & sweet, but there are parts i love....MDNA was just mind blowing

this however, is just so romantic and different for her. i love it! it made my heart love in a different way, LOL

I think Madonnas personality is whats the most different this time around. She walked like she owned the world on previous tours but now she feels like letting it loose a little more. And thats also great

The incredible audience reactions and sing alongs to songs like True Blue, WTG, etc., just on guitar... is mind blowing. And the clapping along during Rebel Heart. Says. it. all. this time around.

it's amazing to see the casual audience really connect to her this time. She knew what she had to do...and I think it's what she wants. She's in a romantic, inspiring mood this time around.

I was also completely floored by her interaction with the audience and their response to True Blue and La Vie en rose, with her on ukulele, and WTG on guitar. Made me a happy emotional wreck watching her sing, smile and connect big time with the audience.

Incidentally, I have always found the ukulele to be a 'cheerful' instrument and it really adds a charming quality in supporting her lovely and strong vocals. I hope that she really gets to enjoy this tour and continue to be able to feed off positive energy from the audience as it progresses.

I think Madonnas personality is whats the most different this time around. She walked like she owned the world on previous tours but now she feels like letting it loose a little more. And thats also great

I totally agree. It's insane how just that has made everyone enjoy the RH songs as much as the oldies...it's obvious that's it's also cause the songs are stronger.