First 5 Rebel Heart tour dates have been postponed till January.

Alpha

Guest Hunterlas

It wouldnt me surprised if one of the Miami shows gets cancelled... Soooo many people was going there JUST cause it was Opening Night. Otherwise they would have been never able to pull off a second night. I feel tons of people (just like us) will consider not to attend. We'll see. Hate to be a negative nancy but cant imagine all the goers saying "cool, january it is. Lets book airfare and hotes again"

I'm very sorry guys! I guess this people don't know just how much to have to save to buy some tickets, or how much you have to beg to have that very day free, etc. And those of you who had planned to fly there, well, i'm very sorry guys.

This sucks

nnnnnnnnnn not her damaging her tour reputation again :rotfl:

Oh fuck off with your constant passive aggressive shit. If you fail to see how this is damaging to her reputation as a live performer then you need to get a grip.

I would think now would be the time if ever to tap into that Asia/Aus market, if ticket sales are slower in her usual markets. Those two combined with Mexico/South America could salvage a lot for the commercial aspect and PR of this era.

It wouldnt me surprised if one of the Miami shows gets cancelled... Soooo many people was going there JUST cause it was Opening Night. Otherwise they would have been never able to pull off a second night. I feel tons of people (just like us) will consider not to attend. We'll see. Hate to be a negative nancy but cant imagine all the goers saying "cool, january it is. Lets book airfare and hotes again"

Yes, it's unfortunate for people that have tickets, but I would guess the the majority of the people who have tickets live in the area where the concerts are taking place. I really don't think there are that many people who are flying there from other parts of the country just because it's opening night, just a few of the most dedicated fans.

It's very unfortunate that this happened, but I'm sure she wouldn't do it unless she had a very good reason and no other choice. Her shows are very complicated and she has to get things right. The fact is most concerts are booked with the idea that the vast majority of people are coming from the immediate surrounding area and not flying there long distance. That's why tours go to many different cities. I personally rarely if ever travel merely to see a concert, if the person is coming to my area because of this possibility if will be cancelled or the date changed. It's a risk you take when you travel.

The good part is she did give you advance notice, it's not like she did it a few days before the concert so you still have time to make adjustments. I understand people being upset but sometimes things have to be changed for unavoidable reasons. The good thing is the dates are being rescheduled.

Guest Rachelle of London

Major cities like Miami, NYC, LA, London, Paris etc are usually made up of people coming in from elsewhere. Madonna even mentioned many of the places on the MDNA DVD "Live from Miami" :lmao: Madonna opening nights especially drive a huge international crowd. There was even an article about when Sticky and Sweet opened in Cardiff and the amount of places people came from. There were even fans from Zimbabwe there. I could easily bet there are more visitors with tickets than Miami locals.

Yes, it's unfortunate for people that have tickets, but I would guess the the majority of the people who have tickets live in the area where the concerts are taking place. I really don't think there are that many people who are flying there from other parts of the country just because it's opening night, just a few of the most dedicated fans.

It's very unfortunate that this happened, but I'm sure she wouldn't do it unless she had a very good reason and no other choice. Her shows are very complicated and she has to get things right. The fact is most concerts are booked with the idea that the vast majority of people are coming from the immediate surrounding area and not flying there long distance. That's why tours go to many different cities. I personally rarely if ever travel merely to see a concert, if the person is coming to my area because of this possibility if will be cancelled or the date changed. It's a risk you take when you travel.

The good part is she did give you advance notice, it's not like she did it a few days before the concert so you still have time to make adjustments. I understand people being upset but sometimes things have to be changed for unavoidable reasons. The good thing is the dates are being rescheduled.

There are 2469501 cities and about 600,000 towns in the world. Madonna is maybe going to 20 or 30 of these. People with money travel for concerts, especially for big acts.

Wow, so this is really happening? Unbelievable. I know many people like to defend M's team, but this is just one further proof M should stick to a new one (which, I'm afraid, she'll never do).

So, as far as I've understood it, you can't demand any refund? Nothing??? I'm sorry, but how unprofessional is this?

There are 2469501 cities and about 600,000 towns in the world. Madonna is maybe going to 20 or 30 of these. People with money travel for concerts, especially for big acts.

Yes, but a lot of those cities and towns are relatively close to a major city where you can drive there and drive back in the same day. the travel doesn't always involve planes and overnight stays. I honestly don't know that many people who travel merely to see a concert. They may travel somewhere to see their friends and family and combine it with a concert that happens to be in that city. It's unfortunate that it had to be changed, but stuff like this happens. Moaning about it doesn't change anything. I'm sure Madonna feels bad about doing this, but she had her reasons.

By the way, has M's statement been posted here yet? This is what she says:

As my fans already know, the show has to be perfect. Assembling all the elements will require more time than we realized. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause my fans. I can promise you this show will be worth the wait.

Oh fuck off with your constant passive aggressive shit. If you fail to see how this is damaging to her reputation as a live performer then you need to get a grip.

wtf I agree that she's damaging her reputation. I wasn't being sarcastic. wtf is wrong with you :megamanson:

And how am I being constantly passive aggressive when I'm defend almost everything she does :megamanson:

If this is true I'm just gonna get a refund and not even go, or just find tickets at the last minute if I feel like it. THe only reason I am so excited for this show is cuz i'm seeing the very first 1. If that's not happening anymore then whatever, I can't afford it anyway.

But it all seems so ridiculous and bizarre to reschedule, I mean really, for what? It's not like Miami sold so bad that they couldn't add a 2nd date and we all know PR probably sold just fine.

I really hope this is just a bunch of trolling bullshit.

:megamanson:

I don't really see why it's so crucial to go to the first night show, and be the first to see it before the rest of fans. I personally would rather see a show later in the tour because it's better because the opening night always has a few mistakes and kinks that she works out later.

Wow, so this is really happening? Unbelievable. I know many people like to defend M's team, but this is just one further proof M should stick to a new one (which, I'm afraid, she'll never do).

So, as far as I've understood it, you can't demand any refund? Nothing??? I'm sorry, but how unprofessional is this?

You can receive a full refund for the concert ticket if you can't attend the show on the new date(s), but the main issue is accommodation and airfares for those travelling for interstate/overseas. Some will be able to change their flights and accommodation dates (for a fee, of course), while others will lose all of their money if they cancel.

I feel really bad for everyone who has been affected by this. I don't feel as bad for those whose main concern is that they will no longer be attending the first show, though (seriously?!). I am, however, sorry that your plans have been ruined.

Chelle and Carly (and anyone who was travelling from overseas) - my heart goes out to you!!!

Guest Hunterlas

I don't really see why it's so crucial to go to the first night show, and be the first to see it before the rest of fans. I personally would rather see a show later in the tour because it's better because the opening night always has a few mistakes and kinks that she works out later.

Perfect... Dont YOU go to opening night.

Guest Rachelle of London

Good for you

Perfect... Dont YOU go to opening night.

Fine. I understand it's nice to go to opening night, but I think it's kind of silly and childish to say if you can't go to opening night then you have no interest in seeing the tour at all. That just sees insane to me. I've never been to an opening night just because she's never opened here in DC or anywhere near me. I guess it's nice to see her on opening night before anyone else, but I wouldn't travel out of my way purely because it's opening night.

Guest Rachelle of London

Fine. I understand it's nice to go to opening night, but I think it's kind of silly and childish to say if you can't go to opening night then you have no interest in seeing the tour at all. That just sees insane to me. I've never been to an opening night just because she's never opened here in DC or anywhere near me. I guess it's nice to see her on opening night before anyone else, but I wouldn't travel out of my way purely because it's opening night.

Good for you

I'm not trying to be insensitive here but it happens a lot with many artists. I feel bad people are losing money but I'm sure Madonna feels terrible about it too. So moaning and bitching changes nothing, does it?

And it's not like the whole tour is cancelled and won't happen. If she did that, I would be the first to complain.

What is it people want? It happened, it's unfortunate but guess what not everything in life goes according to plan.

Good for you

What is it you want? You want me or Madonna to personally refund your travel expenses? It's unfortunate, but you know when you travel merely to see a concert you are taking that risk. I don't understand why you can't just see her in London and save all that expense?

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm not trying to be insensitive here but it happens a lot with many artists. I feel bad people are losing money but I'm sure Madonna feels terrible about it too. So moaning and bitching changes nothing, does it?

And it's not like the whole tour is cancelled and won't happen. If she did that, I would be the first to complain.

What is it people want? It happened, it's unfortunate but guess what not everything in life goes according to plan.

Anything else?

Didn't she cancel the first DWT date ?

I'm surprised she hasn't posted something . Prob aware f the comments she wil get.

How disappointing I can't fathom how five days makes a difference .

Guest Rachelle of London

What is it you want? You want me or Madonna to personally refund your travel expenses? It's unfortunate, but you know when you travel merely to see a concert you are taking that risk. I don't understand why you can't just see her in London and save all that expense?

You must be trolling surely. When did I ask YOU for anything? I said good for you for not leaving your city. I'm happy for you, honest.

Well done. Free drinks for Glinda for not travelling. :clap: