First 5 Rebel Heart tour dates have been postponed till January.

Alpha

Assuming her US dates are not selling well or any date in general would be pure speculation on our part. There is no proof of that whatsoever. She's doing an arena tour exactly like U2 are, simply because they have saturated markets for years now.

I can understand if she had cancelled a whole bunch of dates but she has simply rescheduled them. delaying the start of the tour of only a week. Hardly justifies any worrying imo :laugh: Also there is no correlation between not having a hit and having sluggish sales. MDNA had no hits (waiting for someone to tell me that GMAYL was a hit) yet, speaking of the US, she sold out two MSG and two Yankee Stadiums for the NY area alone. And it's not like S&S' HC was packed with US chart hits either ...... minus the initial boost given by yes, the massive 4M

As for the other European dates scheduled for the fall the alarmism of people saying "she hasn't sold out London in 10 minutes - why didn't they shedule 6 London dates" is ridiculous, there's more than 6 months left to some of those dates and this tour is built differently compared to her last two tours. The economy is still flat in most European countries, there are a lot of factors at play that must be considered.

Also, this time around she's not on the road for seven consecutive months either so there is a real opportunity she will still do the Australasian track and maybe sneak in some time in South America too.

September 9 - December 20

Resuming on January 20

Hardly what she did for MDNA, May 31 - December 22 with a mere week break in between Europe and NA/SA dates

I agree & hope your right, still feel sorry for everyone who booked hotels & flights!

I agree & hope your right, still feel sorry for everyone who booked hotels & flights!

Well that goes without saying, obviously :(

Guest Rachelle of London

The tour isn't selling well and anyone that thinks otherwise is just blind. It's OBVIOUS!!!!

There's so many rumours now online. Why would they just do 5 shows in the U.S. in January. Hope the other ones aren't in jeopardy now

So sorry for all of you guys :(

:cries: :cries: :cries:

Madonna re-schedules her concert and informs the world more than 3 full months ahead... Isn't that enough time to re-schedule your bookings? It's not like she informed us an hour before the start without any option for a re-schedule...

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna re-schedules her concert and informs the world more than 3 full months ahead... Isn't that enough time to re-schedule your bookings? It's not like she informed us an hour before the start without any option for a re-schedule...

Flights and travel bookings are usually not transferable 10 weeks before the date of travel. We've just passed that. Travel dates to Miami in January is a lot more, if I were to rebook the same hotel and airline it would cost me £1100 more just for that week in January. Some fans were going to Miami and Atlanta shows from the UK.

The whole situation is shit and isn't just the case of switching flights. We wish it was.

Wheres Barney, hes my travel agent expert.

Link?

This was being discussed in the other thread. No one provided receipts. Well they did, but they were debunked.

Not really, actually.

I feel so sorry for the people who were supposed to attend these shows.

Not really, actually.

I feel so sorry for the people who were supposed to attend these shows.

Oh god, now's not the time to play games about who was right. At the time, there was no evidence that the dates were being rescheduled, Chelle, myself, and Bluejean (and EVERYONE else) were sitting over here checking our ticket master app in a panic to see if we saw that same screen you posted. We found nothing. In fact nothing was certain until Billboard posted this dreadful news.

My heart really goes out to the fans abroad who are financially fucked becuz of Madonna's irresponsible team. I can't imagine the anger and disappointment you guys feel, spending your hard earned money only to get another slap in the face from Madonna and her dumbass underlings. It's probably 100x what I'm feeling (I'm a resident of Florida), and I'm beyond livid. I'm going to try and get a refund and forget about this stupid fiasco. I'm not buying her bullshit reason either, none of us are stupid. MESSAGE TO MADONNA: if the ticket sales sucked or you need to go to South America then you could have found a better way to do it, so fuck your "statement."

That's all I'm gonna say about this stupidity, it's so fucking infuriating, so I'm not talking about it anymore.

Oh and PS to the oh so lovely XXL, you forgot the 2012 Super Bowl, once again, watched by 115 million people. I want you to remember that when you see these crummy selling dates.

Flights and travel bookings are usually not transferable 10 weeks before the date of travel. We've just passed that. Travel dates to Miami in January is a lot more, if I were to rebook the same hotel and airline it would cost me £1100 more just for that week in January. Some fans were going to Miami and Atlanta shows from the UK.

that's f@cked... those are greedy hotels and airlines...

I can't get my airfare or hotel refunded because it's less than 10 weeks!!!! I can't breathe

really? this week till end of August is a full 13 weeks... how does it work exactly?

you can't get your hotel refund? That's fucked up! Usually reservations can be cancelled, in the worst scenario, 7 days before the check-in date. What hotel booking service did you use?

Guest Rachelle of London

really? this week till end of August is a full 13 weeks... how does it work exactly?

All I know is that I wont be getting my travel or hotel refunded. Spoke to Expedia at 8am this morning and its too soon to change my dates or cancel. My mums ringing for me now because I may be able to get my hotel money back

Guest Rachelle of London

you can't get your hotel refund? That's fucked up! Usually reservations can be cancelled, in the worst scenario, 7 days before the check-in date. What hotel booking service did you use?

Expedia, booked it as a package not separately. So its all one bulk, my mums calling them for me.

Guest ziggy

Expedia, booked it as a package not separately. So its all one bulk, my mums calling them for me.

I feel so bad for you and all the other victims of this ridiculousness, but I'm happy you and your mother are acting on getting your money back. From personal experience I can tell it usually always pays off to approach the flight and/or accommodation seller and explain your situation. They want to be nice to their customers and find individual solutions. It is in their best interest as well. Don't take no for an answer!

All I know is that I wont be getting my travel or hotel refunded. Spoke to Expedia at 8am this morning and its too soon to change my dates or cancel. My mums ringing for me now because I may be able to get my hotel money back

This policy is ridiculous '-'

Lots of hugs !

What a load of shite to wake up to.

Booked Puerto Rico. Non refundable. Fortune.

What the fuck am I gonna do there on my own now??

The old bag needs a slap for this.

Oh and PS to the oh so lovely XXL, you forgot the 2012 Super Bowl, once again, watched by 115 million people. I want you to remember that when you see these crummy selling dates.

No I didn't forget that, those 115m who watched the SB knew who Madonna was before the SB (that's why they watched it), they flocked to see her MDNA US gigs despite not hurrying to the store to get the album and three years on they still know who Madonna is (duh) and she's as hitless this era as she was during the S&S Tour & MDNA Tour (minus 4M) only that this time she's done in promotion the equivalent of the HC, Celebration, MDNA releases combined and still some of you keep bitching about the slightest thing and projecting negative forecasts before anything tangible is even available to be analysed.

I am sorry about the fans who have seen their plans being disrupted and. even worse, are losing money as a result. I was just commenting in regards to the reason why this was done.

Just saying that you have to produce evidence if you bring out sluggish sales as a possible cause, she could have simply cancelled those dates if that was the case, but she didn't. I can't with people flipping out because ALL DATES aren't sold out six months in advance, are you for real? Look at U2, they're the only two top tier touring acts in the world and they are in the same situation with the biggest company of the sector and doing both arena shows

Guest Rachelle of London

What a load of shite to wake up to.

Booked Puerto Rico. Non refundable. Fortune.

What the fuck am I gonna do there on my own now??

The old bag needs a slap for this.

Jamesy I forgot you booked PR. :(

I didnt know but my mum has planned for us to go to ATL as well as a surprise. Travel agent ruined it when she mentioned another booking we had :lmao:

I've learnt my lesson well. After Dallas and now this, no more US Madonna shows for me :dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

Hmm this seems more like viable business decision to make it to latin/south america

Yup its OBVIOUS theyre gonna try and recoup their money by charging South America ridiculous prices in stadiums. Obvious. They might aswell release the dates now.

I've only seen this story on Billboard...can't find her statement anywhere else. Ticketmaster on my end still lists the shows on the original dates. Idk. Maybe it'll all be on other "news" outlets shortly. I really am just hoping it's all a lie but ....I know....I'm setting myself up for failure

but can't you get a refund from the airline? i don't understand how thats not possible, these things happen a lot and usually i hear people can get refunds. especially if you go so far to another continent. same with hotel, if you booked with booking.com, you should be able to just cancel it and maybe lose just a small booking fee..

I'm only trying to be optimistic. it's a mess but i think you should get a refund

Guest Rachelle of London

but can't you get a refund from the airline? i don't understand how thats not possible, these things happen a lot and usually i hear people can get refunds. especially if you go so far to another continent. same with hotel, if you booked with booking.com, you should be able to just cancel it and maybe lose just a small booking fee..

I'm only trying to be optimistic. it's a mess but i think you should get a refund

Good for those that booked with booking.com

This is so sad for the folks who had tickets and especially those coming from far and wide to attend. Most plane tickets are non-refundable. If the real reason is sales, how about lowering the price of your ticket to something regular people can afford? Only super fans are going to pay those kinds of prices these days. There is no one else I'd spend that much money on because there's no one else I love as much as her.

Airlines and hotels must change their policies or at least give some sort of credit to people who through no fault of their own must cancel their bookings. This is a really fucked up situation and Madonna's generic statement certainly doesn't help matters.

I think it kind of confirms that she'll do Australia and Asia after though? I hope everyone will be able to go to the concert :)