Why so much hate directed at M ?

Roland Barthes

Found this quote on Instagram -

"Madonna's greatest adversaries live within institutions she helped to build - catty gay men who prefer someone newer, pop divas who don't know their place, gossip sites that trade on the brand of celebrity that she invented, and third wave feminists who willfully submerge her importance"

giphy.gif

Then you have NO business posting on this Madonna FAN forum. Fuck off to a general imbecile music forum like ATRL or Pulse Music. *FLUSH*

THANK GOD!!!

I mean, we've had some monsters in here before, but that was some next level condescending bullshit.

It's one thing to have opinions and personal taste...but to not even be a fan, and then come into our space and LECTURE us on what is and isn't "rational" in terms of music and being a fan, of all things, is some BULLSHIT.

But I am not a die-hard stan for anyone because being a fanatic about anything is not something that educated or rational people do...

Educated and rational people don't use the word stan and they don't spend a whole day trolling a forum.

I like that he told us to get out of our houses more and interact with people AND to get a hobby .

That's a classic .

At the end of the day, whose right is it to say how people should behave and what is 'age appropriate'? Is there the Age Appropriate Police? I would love Madonna to age (dis)gracefully! :)

Totally agreed. I also hate the implication that women cover up as they age as some sort of decision to "age gracefully". The truth is the majority of women start noticing they don't look as good as they used to, they are sagging in new places, there is new cellulite here or there, and they cover up because they don't want to be seen and judged. It's not because they've suddenly learned to become dignified or whatever stupid shit it's painted as. People say that to cover up a level of shame they have - it's a steadfast denial of the truth.

I guarantee if it was possible for a woman in her 50s to have the exact same body as in her 20s, she'd be living it up in whatever clothing she chose - 30 extra years won't make someone suddenly realize - "o hai, i should wear pants and a caftan bc I'm 50 now."

I have to vent...

There's a stupid bitch woman at my work that I cannot stand. Today, she put the final nail in her coffin for me.

So, everyone was talking about Madonna's fall today. Everyone I work with knows I love M ...except this bitch I hate.

She said, "I liked Madonna's older music, you know, her 80's music. I hate her new stuff". Typical ignorant Madonna comment, right?

So, I asked her, "Really. What "new" stuff do you not like specifically?" She said, "I don't know....". I replied, "Can you even name a Madonna song post-Vogue? Bearing in mind that Vogue came out in 1990....and she's had NINE albums since then"

She just looked at me, and I walked off.

Normally I wouldn't give a toss, but because I don't like this girl anyway, I went for it. Everyone cheered me on as well. It was sweet.

And, after what happened to M at the Brits, I felt the need to put this dumbass bitch in her place. Plus, she'd been getting on my nerves a lot recently.

Score one for me. Vent over. Thank you.

I didn't know where to post this so I'll just leave it here, its cunt morgan, cher and perez talking about Madonna

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/572466170206527488

Piers MorganVerified account @piersmorgan

When she puts some clothes on. > RT @PerezHilton: @piersmorgan And when will you be making up with Madonna??? xx

Perez Hilton @PerezHilton 22h22 hours ago

@piersmorgan Are you saying that because you just don't fancy her or is that ageist and sexist silliness from you? :-)

Piers Morgan @piersmorgan 21h21 hours ago

@PerezHilton No,I'm saying it because no 56-year-old woman should ever prance about in fishnets doing moonies. She looks pathetic.

Perez Hilton @PerezHilton 21h21 hours ago

@piersmorgan Tell that to @Cher! She's 68 and still looks FAB in her fishnets doing moonies! xxxxx

Cher @cher 20h20 hours ago

@mmoore1985 Hhmmm…I’m outta this Loop? Doesn’t that person know I’m a national treasure1f47b.png

Cher @cher 19h19 hours ago

@dalkey04 TOO OLD FOR WHAT ? THE BITCH COULD KICK ALL OUR ASSES

He is ding himself no favour at all, even people who don't like Madonna can see how insane he is about the whole thing. A 50 something y/o guy having these kind of public meltdowns like a teenager should check the definition of pathetic again in the dictionary. He is just riding her fame train, leeching to the attention she gets and he can't get by himself, for himself.... Madonna does not care what HE wears or how he behaves, she does not spend a single minute talking about him..... contrary to him with her.

The general consensus is that Madonna is a fantastic business woman with 0 talent. I think it all boils down to that.

Bottom line is most of these talented artists have no business acumen and therefore, regardless of their talent, their careers dwindle. Easy to see how some of them would be bitter that someone with "less gifts" (in their opinion) is able to have as long a career as M has.

No one says: oh,so and so is a talented artist with zero business sense.

The music industry is a business that sells (ideally) talent. One needs to be proficient in both to surpass the usual span of four to five years that most artists enjoy before their careers start to decline.

But then again, I'm preaching to the choir.

So, Sebastien Tellier tweeted this, and I didn't think much of it even though I know their album covers are similar.

OLun4Bh.png

But THEN he retweeted this

Well well well @Madonna... 1f4f7.png#SebastienTellier #Confection #Mondino #Madonna #RebelHeart #CopyPaste https://instagram.com/p/zxqLHItURJ/

0 réponse2 Retweets0 favoris
Répondre
Retweeter2
Favori
Plus
S

So I checked his timeline and saw that this was his first tweet

SQLOKTf.png

I like his music, but I'm rme at this

I remember a few years ago talking about Madonna in her NYC rock band, crazy, struggling artist days and my friends just looked clueless. I played some of her shitty (but awesome) rock band stuff and they were all amazed and genuinely surprised. Then I talked about Basquiat, Haring, her days at Danceteria, etc., etc. and they were just like "wow, I had no idea!"

I feel like even though these friends still don't really care for her, the way they talk about her has completely changed. They actually respect her now.

My point is, people really have no idea who Madonna is and they just see her as this old, cold bitch who's a business woman, and with 0 talent. I mean, just last week when everyone was talking about the fall someone here at the office asked me what Madonna's real name was. She refused to believe that Madonna wasn't just her artistic name.

Don't even get me started about people saying she just hires producers and that's that. I try to tell them about how involved she is as a producer and how she's always, ALWAYS in charge and people just don't believe me.

I rarely bump into people in real life who hate her. Or even dislike her. Most of the hate I find is online....on social media. Because as we all know it's much easier to hate when you are hiding behind a screen.

And it's mostly MJ/Janet fans.

For obvious reasons.

I don't get why...she truly is an amazing person. You guys remember that French right wing leader she spoke against a couple years ago, Marine Le Pen? Well, now Madonna says that she wants to meet with her, and try to understand her. She literally stands against everything Madonna is for, yet Madonna still is willing to meet her and try to understand her. Here is the link - it was the only place I could find the video interview where she says it.

http://www.nobofeed.com/stories/wants-to-meet-frances-far-right-leader/

She said it best on Primetime Live in 1995 when she said "when she dies people will kiss her ass etc.." and when she compared herself to Evita (who was either loathed or loved/worshipped) saying she can "def. relate. etc..." It's all as simple as that. She's fully aware more than anyone there's NO grey area (she's always been and will always be either adored or despised) The only time (besides the trolls/monsters online) in the real world the only time there was *vocal hatred...everywhere so thick in the air you could cut was late 1992-94ish.

Guest Rocco Papa

What Madonna said in this interview from 1994 still rings true today. Skip to 20:04:

I wouldn't stop posting stuff about her if you feel like doing so. You shouldn't let the hateful people win. That's not a good habit to get into. It's important to have a thick skin. After all, Madonna is the one they're directing that hate towards, not you, and she's still going!!

To tell you the truth, I'm the kind of person that immediately gets sick of anything that people universally rave about. It doesn't resonate with me. The artists that I admire have divided people in one way or another. I never felt like I fit in growing up, so I connected with those kinds of artists. Growing up, one of the many reasons I got into Madonna was because she experienced so much hate. I felt I understood what she had to deal with and her resilience inspired me to keep going. If she was more accepted by people, I might not have become a fan of her's at all.

What Madonna said in this interview from 1994 still rings true today. Skip to 20:04:

I wouldn't stop posting stuff about her if you feel like doing so. You shouldn't let the hateful people win. That's not a good habit to get into. It's important to have a thick skin. After all, Madonna is the one they're directing that hate towards, not you, and she's still going!!

To tell you the truth, I'm the kind of person that immediately gets sick of anything that people universally rave about. It doesn't resonate with me. The artists that I admire have divided people in one way or another. I never felt like I fit in growing up, so I connected with those kinds of artists. Growing up, one of the many reasons I got into Madonna was because she experienced so much hate. I felt I understood what she had to deal with and her resilience inspired me to keep going. If she was more accepted by people, I might not have become a fan of her's at all.

Love this post!

I love this. thank you for posting!