Why so much hate directed at M ?

Roland Barthes

Because she invites it.

I agree. "I lived my life like a masochist". When i first heard that line i thought that never before she revealed something so intimate and true about her. She thrives on conflictual situations. Punishment is what she loves the most in provocation. It must remind her how her father paid attention to her when she misbehaved or something. She does not care about praises and accolades, she only remembers who do not like her and how she can seduce them. Winning over haters is what drives her and ignoring them as soon as she won.

I have to make a conscious choice to avoid it all, period. Anytime I see Madonna's name mentioned somewhere, on a site or forum or blog, I don't click on it. I don't read it. I don't even bother. It's only going to piss me off, and waste my time any way. I stick to the handful of fair fansites, and this is the ONLY forum I visit for her.

That actually goes for a lot of things I enjoy. The culture of information, even in the "blogosphere", is so incredibly negative, offense driven, snarky... It's not worth it. News culture, pop culture, etc...especially 'fan' culture...

And don't EVER read a comments section. Comment sections on the internet are like a trip to the bowels of hell.

I tread very carefully nowadays. Dare I say, when it comes to certain things, sometimes ignorance is bliss......