Um can we talk about how GI2ME was a bonafide hit in Europe

acko

Well there's no use in debating the unfortunate destiny of her second single releases in the u.s.

But I'm always under the impression people consider it 2 be somewhat of a flop...whereas in my

euro-universe the song was EVERYWHERE...u know those damn hit records u hear when u go grocery

shopping & the ones that are even used in tv programs as a score 4 quirky segments in make over shows and the lot...

Austria #10

Belgium #3

Canada #8

Denmark #4

Holland #1

Finland #2

Germany #8

France #5

Italy #3

Hungary #1

Poland #4

Spain #1

Switzerland #4

Turkey #1

UK #7 :americanlife:

EUROPEAN HOT 100 #2

And my mom really likes it...

so there :americanlife:

top-20-madonna-hot-gifs-give-it-2-me-wal

ae132927077b901eac9063aaed281dfd.gif

tumblr_lvbsbvmqLg1qf0oivo1_500.gif

GOD I LOVE THIS VIDEO.

Although the song peaked at No.7 in the UK charts, it hung around for ages I think. It's was a real grower.

I still hear it on Radio 2 too.

However, it's like Deeper and Deeper here. I don't think anyone but real fans would remember it.

I'm so glad she released it though as I love the song, the video and the remixes. The Oakenfold mix and dub are amazing!

With some promo spots in a la don't tell me...

The song could of a lot more sucsesful escpecially with the Pharrel connection.

It's a shame she doesn't "work" her second sinlges anymore....because over here in Europe she could have multiple Number 1s again....Hung Up and Sorry was the last time that happens for her on Europe from an album.

I think if he qualitys there, plus promo for the 2nd single...

Her new album can most definetly open with 2 European Number 1s.....and 2 top5 US hits.

Yes, it had very good results but it's weird that it didn't make a bigger impact. It had everything: the beat, the lyrics, the production... It should have been more massive! Maybe 4 Minutes was too big, it happened with Sorry too, HU was so big that Sorry isn't remembered at all!

Why do Madonna second and third singles aren't nowadays bigger?

Except maybe GGW, that was bigger than GMAYL!

Yes, it had very good results but it's weird that it didn't make a bigger impact. It had everything: the beat, the lyrics, the production... It should have been more massive! Maybe 4 Minutes was too big, it happened with Sorry too, HU was so big that Sorry isn't remembered at all!

Why do Madonna second and third singles aren't nowadays bigger?

Except maybe GGW, that was bigger than GMAYL!

GGW was only bigger for the fans.

Even the video nobody really saw except the fans....minus Superabowl, the whole MDNA "era" (if you can call it that) felt like a fan only time!

It's definitely a well-remembered song of hers in Europe IMO. Obviously not to the extent as iconic super hits like LAP or Hung Up, but it does seem to me most people who listened to pop music back then are familiar with it. Same with Celebration actually.

I absolutely love it too! One of her best dance songs in recent years if you ask me. It's got everything you need for a simple, great pop song. Ok, the "Get stupid" part is a bit of a letdown, but besides that, the song couldn't be any more fun to listen to and dance along to. Oh and my mum loves it too, it's her favourite song along with Girl Gone Wild :lol::D

I disagree about the video though. M does look fierce and it's fun to watch, but if we take into account that it was only the second single they were shooting the video for, it is a very lazy effort indeed. I've come to terms with the fact M isn't into shooting high-level music videos for her third or fourth single (if there's any at all) anymore, but already giving up on doing anything creative after the lead single's video definitely was a mistake. Even Confessions and MDNA still had a well-produced and interesting video for the second single, and in case of the latter, a very creative one as well.

Madonna creative decline in her videos is somewhat tragic.

Considering she is the ultimate music video goddess.

The video for GI2M was a lazy effort indeed....madonnas videos these days are too self-indulgent....I miss the themes, storyline and narrative....playing a character ect.

Well we cant forget that the video was shot in the middle of divorce and s&s rehearsals and after david adoption while she was probably already trying to adopt mercy too.

I COMPLETLY get the argument Madonna now has a family BUT she spends 2days anyways on her videos....same time aw pysically spends on even her BEST videos a la like a prayer, material girl....and Vogue was shot in the middle of blonde ambition prep!!

She used to choose film directors for her videos THATS how important they once were too her.

The visuals for her tours are better these das than her videos....she just doesn't put the effort into them anymore.

Everything changed for her were Videos are concerned AFTER American Life flopped.

I COMPLETLY get the argument Madonna now has a family BUT she spends 2days anyways on her videos....same time aw pysically spends on even her BEST videos a la like a prayer, material girl....and Vogue was shot in the middle of blonde ambition prep!!

She used to choose film directors for her videos THATS how important they once were too her.

The visuals for her tours are better these das than her videos....she just doesn't put the effort into them anymore.

Everything changed for her were Videos are concerned AFTER American Life flopped.

Zzzzzz...

This confesshit moron is really tiresome. Please, let us know if you think the new album is coming out in 2015! :newspaper:

I have an opinion....NO it's not positive ablut Madonnas recent work in videos....so if that's triedsome so be it!

I adore Madonna (we all do) but I don't think everything she does is amazing, just most.

PEACE

Great song, great video, however minimalistic it was and great summer of 2008. A few weeks after this song debuted as her second single off HC, we got to witness the premiere of S&S in Cardiff and two weeks later us Italian fans got to soak up the magic of M-Y S-U-G-A-R I-S R-A-W at the Olimpico in Roma :drama:

Its not the ammount of days shooting the video

Its the whole creative process / production behind

For give it to me she liked the Elle photoshoot and decided to make a video version of it

i agree that its a bad video, and doesnt connect with the song though

It's a sexy video for an amazing song. Thank god it had some kind of success somewhere. It was nice seeing it on MTV here in the states.

I was in Puerto Rico a lot at that time and it got loads of play on radio. When I would come to the States though, it was like it didn't exist ( except in the gay clubs of course). And here is my opinion.....people that don't like this video have no taste. It's Madonna strutting around half naked......what's not to like? I've always thought of it as a throwback to Lucky Star. Not every video has to be "big". 4M was the big video from that album and quite honestly, I prefer GI2M. Ugh I'm sure it's just the ray of lighters that have a problem with it. Surprise surprise. ;)

Guest Rachelle of London

I love everything about this song, I still hear it on the radio. The Get stupid part is my fave bit!