"Crazy For You" vs "Live to Tell"

Guest gang bang

Live To Tell.

It was the song that showed how much more grown up she was compared to her early stuff, both visually and musically (i mean compare this to Like A Virgin, Material Girl, her mini mouse voice was gone, her clothes and hair in the music video, etc...)

It was also the moment she started to be taken seriously as an artist and the critics gave up on the "she will be gone in the next year" stuff.

Probably one of her most important singles from the 80's, IMO!

Live to tell - however I still love Crazy for you with a passion and think it is very under-rated. Live to tell is just so incredible though. It is truly like no other ballad I have heard and is so haunting and mysterious.

LTT is just otherworldly to me. I really do consider it one of the best songs of all time by ANY artist.

I also love CFY and gotta agree with jazzy that it's underrated amongst Madonnas diehard fanbase. Many credit LTT as the song that showed the world Madonna was capable of more musically but I think that actually started with CFY. It showcases her voice in a way that hadn't been heard yet at that point.

Guest gang bang

Live To Tell.

It was the song that showed how much more grown up she was compared to her early stuff, both visually and musically (i mean compare this to Like A Virgin, Material Girl, her mini mouse voice was gone, her clothes and hair in the music video, etc...)

It was also the moment she started to be taken seriously as an artist and the critics gave up on the "she will be gone in the next year" stuff.

Probably one of her most important singles from the 80's, IMO!

cool

Crazy 4 you gave to Madonna , her 1st Grammy nomination , don t forget that

I love both songs, but LTT is incredibly more superior!

Live To Tell is incredible, the lyrics are so clever. Crazy For You is written by some dudes, with loads of cliches.

The structure of LTT was so groundbreaking at the time... the CFY one is more generic.

Madonna's performance in CFY is ok. The one in LTT is one of her best. Her voice is so sincere when she starts "If I run away...".

Guest bluejean

Crazy For You is her first hit ballad and one of the most famous. But I don't believe there is anything unique about it. It's a classic pop song, pretty standard with generic boy meets girl type lyrics.

Live To Tell is so dramatic and strikingly different to anything else. It's one of a kind. That song was the moment where everyone gasped and thought "Wow, there's something more to this girl." It's astounding with such personal lyrics. One of her best songs lyrically.

Guest bluejean

Although I must say the live version of Crazy For You in Virgin Tour is her best live vocals from the 80's. So much passion in that voice.