U2 album stunt on iTunes backfires. Should we be worried for M under Guy O'?

Jamesy

Exactly. Songwriting team. Boring. Same as always. Load of drivel.

Madonna shits on Adele and U2! Madonnas next release shouldn't have any gimmicks. She doesn't need it.

making irony on "songwriting teams" in a madonna forum and most of all from a beyonce fan is quiet.....ironic....and still don't see the meaning of a comparison between two different artists as madonna and adele.....but to each is own....

with the bolded part i agree...

Guest Rachelle of London

making irony on "songwriting teams" in a madonna forum and most of all from a beyonce fan is quiet.....ironic....and still don't see the meaning of a comparison between two different artists as madonna and adele.....but to each is own....

with the bolded part i agree...

Vande I'm not comparing Madonna with Adele or Beyoncé I'm just saying Madonna doesn't need any gimmicks such a surprise albums or albums installed on iPhones. Just because you love Adele doesn't mean I have to. I find her boring like a LOT of other people. I have a right to my opinion just like you have the right to think the sun shines out of her ass. I agree with the thread title and believe Madonna has dodged a bullet by not going down the U2 route. U2 NEED publicity. Madonna doesn't.

oh, i agree with you on that....and i agree that we don't have to have same tastes....just your post seemed pointed toward adele more than u2 and seemed to lessen her talent without a cause....

btw....not even remotely i think the sun shines from whatever part....and it could easily happen that her next album will be a disaster bore, but until now i really enjoy her work.... :laugh:

Guest bluejean

Well vande, the point about "songwriting teams" is that unlike Madonna and Beyonce Adele is seen as someone who "does it all" and is a "real artist." And if you look at the songwriting credits on her album you'll see that's not entirely true. She has a team of songwriters like most other pop stars. So to put her on this artistic pedestal is nonsense. But that's part of her marketing, to market her as "authentic."

I mean one of the songwriters she's worked with on her new album is also working on the new One Direction album.

well...if you look at songwriting credits for, example, 21 each song has been written by her and another one songrwriter (a part from one song..).....it's not like some other situations...but this is not important....the fact is, i don't think she ever put herself like "i'm an artist that writes all by herself..."

Adele is completely overrated, and is about as original as a paper cutout.

Without her voice, she brings nothing to the table. She has no soul whatsoever.

It's a real tragedy that she won a fucking Oscar, for that abortion of a Bond song.

People who think her cliche laden songs are deep and introspective, probably think 50 Shades Of Gray, is great literature.

Adele is completely overrated, and is about as original as a paper cutout.

Without her voice, she brings nothing to the table. She has no soul whatsoever.

It's a real tragedy that she won a fucking Oscar, for that abortion of a Bond song.

People who think her cliche laden songs are deep and introspective, probably think 50 Shades Of Gray, is great literature.

This.

i don't like the bond song but I do like Someone Like You. a bit overrated but she doesn't write utter shit at all. there's worse overrated bitches to be annoyed with than sweet Adele :p (Mimi, for example)

this

I agree! How many boring songs about heartbreak can you have one one album?

Apparently a whole albums worth. Seriously is there a more boring 21 year old on this planet than Adele? she should be singing songs of being a slut, revenge, drinking, weight gain and loss!

21 with a broken heart, oh please- Vande you need to hide your dear diaries under your bed ASAP ;)

Guest bluejean

Apparently a whole albums worth. Seriously is there a more boring 21 year old on this planet than Adele? she should be singing songs of being a slut, revenge, drinking, weight gain and loss!

:rotfl:

Anyway, she has afew good songs but I just know she's going to repeat the same formula. There's a reason why I'm a Madonna fan. She does it all! Upbeat party songs, slut songs, bitch songs, empowerment, sad songs etc

Fuck that fat cunt Adele. I'm dreading her comeback of more miserable, dreary songs sung in that foghorn. I hate U2 more though.

I supposedly heard that there is going to be a duet with U3 and fat mole on their new "second" album out November...

Fuck that fat cunt Adele. I'm dreading her comeback of more miserable, dreary songs sung in that foghorn. I hate U2 more though.

What has Adelles weight got to do what her talent?

Okay you don't like her but why take it to a gutter-level?

It's not necessary.

Guest bluejean

What has Adelles weight got to do what her talent?

Okay you don't like her but why take it to a gutter-level?

It's not necessary.

Um... I think you're in the wrong forum :chuckle:

• 2 weeks later...

apple should have just given a removal tool or they could've made it so the album's free and you can download it if you want to. would've worked better. but apologising for the mistake? not sure about that.

God, Bono is so dumb, pretentious and arrogant at the same time

He should just keep posing for pictures with Bush Jr and sipping tea with Putin and shut his mouth

His pathetic excuse for an apology is more grating than what they did in the first place

"For the people out there who have no interest in checking us out, look at it this way… the blood, sweat and tears of some Irish guys are in your junk mail,"

:lmao: