New album: the Queen wants this album finished! Some fans still acting VERY dumb!

So, out of curiosity (due to this thread) I checked my music library and iTunes. I had to look for U2 in iTunes where it says that the songs are already purchased. But nothing shows up in my library. So I don't care - so much for the promo. #lame. I'm glad madonna didn't do this.

Apparently it will take some time before it appears in all users' libraries. After all, it's half a billion users.

But I doubt Madonna would have given an album for free to 500 million people.

i couldn't name any new u2 songs from this decade. when will we hear solid news about this madonna album such as the title and release date?

That's what I'm getting at. Most people couldn't name any Madonna songs since 1989. Releasing a free album in such a way doesn't really help promotion-wise.

I couldn't give a shit about U2 either. They bore the fuck out of me tbh.

exactly my thought.

And it's not because I have the album on my librairy I will listen to it.

In fact, I'll flush it, right away.

Who are they to decide I want this album ???? I think it's kinda stupid.

Do you need more time to save money for the tour? Is this why you endlessly keep saying it can't be released until 2015?

We have no idea what's been going on in camp Madonna behind the scenes. We all know she likes her secrets, and it IS possible to have an under wraps photo or video shoot. Ask Beyoncé.

The album will be released when it's ready, so splitting hairs on when announcements come being the end all to when the release happens is ridiculous.

Music production doesn't take as long to complete as it used to, especially when doing EDM or computer heavy production software.

I take your points, but I was merely just stating mine.

Just like you id LOVE the album this year, but I think it will be next year.

And I don't agree, I don't think Madonna had done any shoots in secret for the album.

I think she will do what she's always done, finish the music THEN work on the creative part ready for the release.

Sorry but that's just my opinion.

the new U2 album is already in my iTunes library.I'm not a huge fan of theirs,but I'll give it a listen.I think this is a brilliant marketing move.They're getting ready to do a world tour,aren't they?

I'm pretty sure apple would prefer U2 over Madonna.

Keep in mind, Apple and U2 have had a long relationship with each other - they've worked closely together with Bono's AIDS charity RED for over ten years and they've done special band promotional editions before. This is just an extension of that existing relationship.

On the bright side, this might actually mean Guy O can devote more attention to promoting the new album because U2 is basically all set for now. They won't need to do any traditional promotion like tv performances or magazine covers because of the iTunes deal. They'll probably go straight into preparing and rehearsing for their next tour. The rest of the fall may very well be open for an extensive promotional campaign for Madonna's new album!

Ticket holders to The MDNA Tour were given the option of getting the alum or not, and guess what, people still didn't care to listen to the songs. They just went there for Like a Prayer and Lucky Star.

:electropop: Lucky Star wasn't on the setlist.

^yes, it was. There was a one-second clip of lucky star right before TUTR and the casual fan next to me nearly shit herself with excitement when she heard it. That's what I mean. She went there to hear the oldies and even though she got a free MDNA album she still didn't care.

Ticket holders to The MDNA Tour were given the option of getting the alum or not, and guess what, people still didn't care to listen to the songs. They just went there for Like a Prayer and Lucky Star.

So they just attended the tour to listen/see one performance?!

GTFO with your dumb generalizations.

^I don't mean to make dumb generalizations. All I'm saying is that whether it's U2 or Madonna, casual listeners always care mostly about older hits - unlike dedicated fans. And, thus, giving away free albums like U2 now and MDNA with tickets doesn't really help promote new singles.

Most people couldn't name any Madonna songs since 1989. Releasing a free album in such a way doesn't really help promotion-wise.

What's your point? Apart from just acting like a DICK of course...