New album: the Queen wants this album finished! Some fans still acting VERY dumb!

Diplo never said that the album is finished.

It's obvious now that she's still recording and piecing the album together.

There will be no release this year it's way too late....she will be preparing for the new era, which will I think will be straight after new year....

I doubt we will see Madonna re-emerge until 2015.

Do you need more time to save money for the tour? Is this why you endlessly keep saying it can't be released until 2015?

We have no idea what's been going on in camp Madonna behind the scenes. We all know she likes her secrets, and it IS possible to have an under wraps photo or video shoot. Ask Beyoncé.

The album will be released when it's ready, so splitting hairs on when announcements come being the end all to when the release happens is ridiculous.

Music production doesn't take as long to complete as it used to, especially when doing EDM or computer heavy production software.

i highly doubt madonna wants to give her new album away for FREE, but yeah she missed the boat on this one and theres no way she can top it. Guy O will be too busy to manage bouth mega stars properly and madonna could care less about promo it seems now.

get that album done girl and just release it the way u always have!

This would have been a perfect opportunity for Madonna.

Exactly! We can all give Guy the benefit of the doubt and see what he has in store for Madonna, but I can't think of better promotion than what U2 just did. I've been wanting her to have new management since American Life.

I think U2's free album is a great idea. Kudos to Guy Oseary if he's behind it. For a veteran rock act it's the perfect way to reach a new audience. I'm not sure that it would have worked with Madonna though.

i think she'd oppose the idea of her album being given out for free, even for a short amount of time.

I think U2's free album is a great idea. Kudos to Guy Oseary if he's behind it. For a veteran rock act it's the perfect way to reach a new audience. I'm not sure that it would have worked with Madonna though.

Definitely Guy's work. Just read his most recent tweet:

Guy Oseary @guyoseary · 9m

.@iTunesMusic gifts half a billion people the new @U2 album #SongsOfInnocence making it the biggest album of all time! #U2SongsOfInnocence

i think she'd oppose the idea of her album being sold for free, even for a short amount of time.

It's so up her alley. I don't think she cares anymore about that stuff. It'll be a big fuck you.

:wow:

I guess no one had seen that coming!

Their new album, Songs of Innocence, will be released physically on 13 October. Until then, it's an iTunes exclusive. And it's free to download!

EDIT: If you have an iDevice and/or an iTunes account, U2's new album has already been added to your music library.

ugh this is so perfect. can't help but feeling a bit disappointed he didn't keep this idea for madonna (unless it was U2's idea..)

i know the albums aren't sold, but to have them in the library of every apple/itunes costumer without them even doing anything and just finding it out and listening to it.. you know the kind of promo that is? its brilliant.

but albums given out for free don't chart, so technically they are not sold LOL

yah pretty much. we shall see how this pans out for actual sale figures once the album goes on sale. Unless they are only focused on the tours now!?!?

Justin did this with his last album( free download for a short period)...and look at him now lol

It's doesn't matter if you do a huge promotion like U2 did and right after you forget that your album exists.

Sorry to bring that again but Madonna did Superbowl (is there a best way to promote yourself like this?) and then the rest we all know...

Edited by Toymix

And I'm sure most of them are not gonna download the album.

apparently when you're logged in on iTunes it automatically adds the album to your iTunes playlist.. that's what I think is so brilliant about it. those who don't like it might still even play some music even if most delete it anyway. the promo is done.

but albums given out for free don't chart, so technically they are not sold LOL

It's a brilliant idea. Fuck sales and the charts. In a few years, all albums will be free digitally, cause no one is gonna have interest in buying them

Is this with new iPhone 6??? Is it free with iPhone 5S? Or all iTunes users???

It's all iTunes users:

"Simply go to the Music app on your iOS device, or to your iTunes music library on your Mac or PC, and find 'Songs of Innocence' under the artist or album tab. The new album is in iCloud, just tap the track listing to start listening or tap the cloud icon to download."

Source: u2.com

People on Twitter are saying it just automatically downloads onto your iTunes. I'm happy Madonna isn't doing this. There could very well be huge backlash.

Not everyone likes U2 nor wants their record just downloaded onto their iTunes. It could very well be on the edge of a nuisance.

Can you imagine all the straight dudes being forced to actually have a Madonna album on their iTunes lol?

I would rather her surprise with the new single than basically force every iTunes user to download the record.

This only works for acts like U2 or Madonna that have already sold hundreds of millions and make their money on touring anyway. There are millions of U2 fans that haven't bought their latest album and a lot more casual fans that liked some of their old songs. These people will definitely check on the new one and that means a greater audience than it could have been achieved with any other method, even extensive and relentless traditional promo.

So, out of curiosity (due to this thread) I checked my music library and iTunes. I had to look for U2 in iTunes where it says that the songs are already purchased. But nothing shows up in my library. So I don't care - so much for the promo. #lame. I'm glad madonna didn't do this.

Guest Rachelle of London

the album isn't finished

madonna isn't U2

shut the fuck up

:queenbitch:

Thank you! All the drama queens. How could she release an album that's not finished! Get real

I'm pretty sure apple would prefer U2 over Madonna.

I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs would have wanted Madonna. He gave her the very first iPhone..lol

And let's face it Apple not so brilliant without Steve Jobs lol