Guest Rachelle of London

Stop bashing! Some people like to take pictures of famous graveyards. Let's not forget Jim Morrison or Elvis or Marylin.. plenty of people visit their tombs and as evidence they take pictures.. Madonna's mother is not famous but Madonna kind of made her famous in the heart of her fans.. Truth Or Dare and other songs and videos in which she's clearly referring to her mother..

Personally, i wouldn't go but if someone considers Madonna's mother a major celebrity like the ones i mentioned above who am i to judge??

Her mother was not a celebrity. End of story.

Elvis and Marilyn Monroe don't compare to Madonnas mother that passed away in 1963. Madonna doesn't even like fans outside her house, imagine her disgust at the thought of people visiting her mothers grave. And the other siblings. There's no need

I think there are several ways to read this photo...and, for me, I don't think it's fair to pass any judgement quite yet...considering I don't know why the person decided to visit and take a picture anyway.

Regardless of being a fan, and an impersonator...

Was it to exploit? Could be. But I don't get that vibe.

Was it to genuinely pay respect? Could be. And I don't see why it couldn't be so.

Guest whatatramp

Her mother was not a celebrity. End of story.

Elvis and Marilyn Monroe don't compare to Madonnas mother that passed away in 1963. Madonna doesn't even like fans outside her house, imagine her disgust at the thought of people visiting her mothers grave. And the other siblings. There's no need

123-clapping-hands-sign.png

Guest Rachelle of London

she'll be at the Ciccone Vinyard & Winery next smdh

Remember those fans on Twitter that camped outside the funeral home when her grandmother died. It's just odd!

Guest whatatramp

Remember those fans on Twitter that camped outside the funeral home when her grandmother died. It's just odd!

NO?! wtf why can't they just buy thousands of pounds worth of memorabilia like normal people

Guest Rachelle of London

NO?! wtf why can't they just buy thousands of pounds worth of memorabilia like normal people

That wouldn't be creepy enough!

This is a person who spends their life pretending to be someone else. We shouldn't be surprised that they might do something a bit awkward like this.

If she wasn't dressed as Madonna and posed next to the stone i wouldn't find it offensive but she did. It's not only offensive to Madonna but to her brothers and sisters and the Fortin family too. Madonna chose to be famous not her mother. If it was Madonna's own tombstone it would have been different and i would not see it as offensive.

I loved that Madonna was lying down on her mother's grave. That was so memorable for me watching Truth or Dare and I totally got it. All the the horrible things that are acceptable in film, here was someone who was showing wanting to be close to her mother. Why should all the amazing genuine moments be hidden? That's life at it's most real and she did it serenely. It wasn't meant to upset anyone.

If i am famous and someone visit my dad's grave impersonating me and post a picture proudly on the net i'm not gonna be very happy. It's distasteful. I don't know how this idea can pop in someone's head. If you wanna visit my dad's grave because you love me, do it with respect, dressed as yourself and don't post a pic of it like a trophy on the net please...

Chris seems to be a nice woman, she's been impersonating M for many years, i don't think she did it in a bad purpose, we all fuck up sometimes and this time she did for sure.

:lol: She really doesn't look like her at all, not one bit. How do you make a career out of that, anyway? Performing at parties or something?

They perform for poor people who enjoy a physically unfit cheap imitation of Madonna. On well. Good luck to her. :thumbsup:

:rotfl:http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=45335

I don't see the big deal w/ visiting a grave. Isn't that what they're for?

The point was made above though that the family wouldn't like it and that I agree with. In that respect, it is in bad taste. Madonna's mother's grave is probably somewhere close to my house. I have no idea where. Hell, I don't even know where her childhood house/neighborhood is. Involving yourself in a celebrities personal life is lame.

Guest Pud Whacker

2ito8wj.jpg

what a nothing.

---

however, i have to say i really dont see the big deal of going to madonna's moms grave site. they are to memorialize and pay respect and remember someone and Madonna made sure everyone was going to know about her mother. if i ever made my way to to michigan i would definitely hit that spot! THE ORGINAL MADONNA!!! :bow:

---

now SHHHHH!!! im watching The Confessions Tour.

Where's GU - he and I understand like no other what a twat this Chris 'impersonator' is. GU got kicked of a FB page for saying so :lmao:

Anyway - Chris is a female. Knowing her a little from FB fan pages I know she is a bit of a random and seems like a fan of Madonna past. All she has done is bitch and moan since M started posting on instagram, totally offended by the 'trust no bitch' necklace...pondering where M's head is at these days and her parental skills. Fucking loathes the grillz :rotfl: She also totally lost it when M had a fling with Miley a few months back. Just a fucking absolute sook and not anything like you would imagine an M fan to be (i.e. she has no sense of humour whatsoever).

Regarding this - I can't be objective because I can't stand her :lol: She's an opportunist living off nostalgic feelings of Madonna past and belongs in a shit tribute show at your local RSL club or bowlo

Where's GU - he and I understand like no other what a twat this Chris 'impersonator' is. GU got kicked of a FB page for saying so :lmao:

Anyway - Chris is a female. Knowing her a little from FB fan pages I know she is a bit of a random and seems like a fan of Madonna past. All she has done is bitch and moan since M started posting on instagram, totally offended by the 'trust no bitch' necklace...pondering where M's head is at these days and her parental skills. Fucking loathes the grillz :rotfl: She also totally lost it when M had a fling with Miley a few months back. Just a fucking absolute sook and not anything like you would imagine an M fan to be (i.e. she has no sense of humour whatsoever).

Regarding this - I can't be objective because I can't stand her :lol: She's an opportunist living off nostalgic feelings of Madonna past and belongs in a shit tribute show at your local RSL club or bowlo

I have heard that about her too, that all she does is bitch and moan about Madonna. Ex fans are often worse than the people who never liked her. They think they have a right to constantly pick her to pieces on facebook and forums because "they used to love her so much" when they should just move on if they can't stand her anymore.

Guest Rachelle of London

Hagaha yup that's her! So what was the point of her whole little grave visit? Did she recreate Promise To Try? Ugh it's just all too cray cray

Guest Rachelle of London

Ok so the plot thickens!

It was a whole bus load of them that went! Poor Madonna Sr, her place of rest is now a tourist attraction!

Ok so the plot thickens!

It was a whole bus load of them that went! Poor Madonna Sr, her place of rest is now a tourist attraction!

:manson:

Ok so the plot thickens!

I heard its apparently a Madonna tour and it drives people by the house her mom grew up in, the one her grandmother lived in and the hospital where Madonna was born....and unfortunately the graves of Madonna's grandparents and her mom..

I find it so wrong for the graves to be a tourist attraction..I hope Madonna finds out and puts a stop to it.

1z3us5g.jpg],,

personally I think it is going too far..Madonna would be upset/furious considering how fragile she is when it comes to her mom..

:mellow:

Childish and in poor taste. What a stupid unintentional joke. I understand being obsessed with Madonna and making good money by dressing like her and recreating her performances, nothing wrong with that at all, but this? It really takes the obsession/tribute idea a little bit too far.

How tacky and insensitive

Indeed

Maybe even more the tacky side of it than the insensitive one

Such a shitty idea to even come to mind, let alone going out and doing it

Madonna visited her mother's grave in True or Dare. She sort of made the whole thing trivial. Not suggesting this fan has a right to do the same. But Madonna did it first and other lesser persons will follow.

Uhm I am jot sure about that

Madonna was shooting a behind-the-scenes docu about her life on the road and her life in general and clearly as it went down in the history books the death of her mother when she was a child played a pivotal role in how her life developed later on. So I never read that TOD scene as a trivialising moment on Madonna's part in the film but rather an integral part fitting with the rest of the narrative.

But for someone who performs in clubs dressed as Madonna (again, nothing wrong with that) posing for a pic next to her mother's grave is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to her career as a Madonna impersonator but instead it devalues the whole homage thing and takes it a step too far. I see that picture of Chris America as trivial to be honest, not the actual scene in the documentary, since A. that is actually Madonna visiting Madonna Fortin's grave and B. it is an essential part of the film concept in the first place.

Just my opinion.