I think it's brave of M to show her visiting her mother's grave. Being open about our vulnerability can be a good thing in life. Besides, aside from the occasional songs, Madonna never milked her mother's death or talked about visiting her grave for the rest of her career. For me, it felt genuine

Exactly :thumbsup:

Stop bashing! Some people like to take pictures of famous graveyards. Let's not forget Jim Morrison or Elvis or Marylin.. plenty of people visit their tombs and as evidence they take pictures.. Madonna's mother is not famous but Madonna kind of made her famous in the heart of her fans.. Truth Or Dare and other songs and videos in which she's clearly referring to her mother..

Personally, i wouldn't go but if someone considers Madonna's mother a major celebrity like the ones i mentioned above who am i to judge??

????

Madonna Fortin was not Jim Morrison, Elvis or Marylin. I don't understand your post. That Madonna Fortin tombstone is, so to speak, famed by association. It is because of "the singer Madonna Fortin Ciccone" that we know about her in the first place. I don't understand the analogy

If one took pictures of or in places where Madonna lived in in NY when she started out or stuff like that I could understand more. But her mother's grave is not pertinent to me as a fan no matter how many times I could watch that TOD scene. I don't think I would be even interested in visiting that cemetery in the first place, only because "ooohhh Madonna's mother rests here"

But taking a picture in front of it while you're dressed as Madonna, regardless whether dressing like her is your job or not, I find that childish, tacky, wholly pointless, unnecessary and slightly morbid.

She really looks like her in that pic. It's uncanny.

Obviously she's still a big fan.

In which pic ? In the tombstone pic ? She looks absolutely nothing like Madonna .

Ok so the plot thickens!

It was a whole bus load of them that went! Poor Madonna Sr, her place of rest is now a tourist attraction!

Truly awful then :thumbsdown:

Sorry, I meant even more awful

In which pic ? In the tombstone pic ? She looks absolutely nothing like Madonna

:chuckle:

I'd love to read again one of GU's essays about how she looks nothing like Madge, LOL

Uhm I am jot sure about that

Madonna was shooting a behind-the-scenes docu about her life on the road and her life in general and clearly as it went down in the history books the death of her mother when she was a child played a pivotal role in how her life developed later on. So I never read that TOD scene as a trivialising moment on Madonna's part in the film but rather an integral part fitting with the rest of the narrative.

But for someone who performs in clubs dressed as Madonna (again, nothing wrong with that) posing for a pic next to her mother's grave is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to her career as a Madonna impersonator but instead it devalues the whole homage thing and takes it a step too far. I see that picture of Chris America as trivial to be honest, not the actual scene in the documentary, since A. that is actually Madonna visiting Madonna Fortin's grave and B. it is an essential part of the film concept in the first place.

Just my opinion.

I totally agree about Madonna visiting her mother's grave in Truth Or Dare.

With more information about the woman dressed as Madonna vistng her mother's grave, it seems her visit wasn't to respect someone she knows of but is just a part of her act which devalues her visit. I don't much about her.

10265447_10152121036517572_5178341175838

All the photoshop in the world and it still looks like Tootsie,

And the creeps that go to Madonna's mum's grave, especially the mental grinning twat in that pic? Madonna would spit in your face, I have no doubt about that.

I heard its apparently a Madonna tour and it drives people by the house her mom grew up in, the one her grandmother lived in and the hospital where Madonna was born....and unfortunately the graves of Madonna's grandparents and her mom..

I find it so wrong for the graves to be a tourist attraction..I hope Madonna finds out and puts a stop to it.

Bus tour? WTF???

Ok, nevermind. Impersonation is one thing, but a bus tour including family grave sites? yeah...not cool.

Plus, this girl is an impersonator...but does nothing but complain of present day Madonna? Sounds like a nut.

If it was Madonna herself lying there in the grave, it would be something different and I would totally get it if people have interest in going there and, even though it is disrespectful, showing up as impersonators. I've visited plenty of dead celebrities' graves, nothing wrong with that. But their parents? What's the point in that anyway?

I know there were some comments about M's visit to the gravesite in TOD- that she was "vogueing" (not literally, but you know what they mean) at the site, or whatever.

Not sure why Chris America would want to take a snapshot at the site.

I'm honestly completely ambivalent about this. Madonna went to her mother's grave for all the world to see in Truth or Dare. She was at the time the biggest pop star in the world. Would I do it? No. I've never even casually walked by one of her houses, because I don't care about that kind of stuff. I care about her work. But it's silly to think that fanatics wouldn't figure out where it is and go there. She's made her mother's death a very public part of her life.

i think they probably went there just to be in a same place that madonna was. i wouldn't do it. going to philly and running up the rocky stairs is a lot different then laying on a grave of someones mother. pick another moment in her career to recreate.

This is really tacky. Madonna's mother is not a celebrity, so there's no reason for strangers to visit her grave.

I can see why Madonna chose to film her visit to her mother's grave in TOD. She was probably nervous about it and filming could have been her way to deal with it and to not fall apart. I can't judge her for that.

Oh this is a man? I thought it was just an unfortunate looking woman. :rotfl: This pathetic bitch was really pissing me off on a Madonna Facebook group telling me that she looked like Madonna. I was like...you look nothing like her and you make a living pretending to be somebody. You're selling me a fake Chanel handbag that is poorly made and ugly. Don't pretend you're anything even close to the original. I get really pissed off when people say people look like other people when so very clearly they don't. This whore is a terrible wannabe.

Edit: how dare this charlatan pose next to the grave of a total stranger? Disrespectful bitch. Seriously, wait a couple of years until you have your own grave. Stupid whore faced bitch. Get some decorum.

Seriously though these ones are definitely the all time worst. The argument started because those dumb whores were telling me that this was a VERY CONVINCING IMITATION OF MADONNA. I was like 'are you fucking kidding me?!'. I swear to god.

JxOsGUc.png

It's so, so, so, so, soooooooo crude. Disgusting.

Seriously though these ones are definitely the all time worst. The argument started because those dumb whores were telling me that this was a VERY CONVINCING IMITATION OF MADONNA. I was like 'are you fucking kidding me?!'. I swear to god.

JxOsGUc.png

It's so, so, so, so, soooooooo crude. Disgusting.

LOL are they fucking BLIND? Like Madonna would ever let her body go like that. And the face is just NO.

But seriously, why the hell is this person recreating moments like these? It's beyond tacky.

LOL are they fucking BLIND? Like Madonna would ever let her body go like that. And the face is just NO.

But seriously, why the hell is this person recreating moments like these? It's beyond tacky.

10151962_10152078038602572_2636167625069

550569_10150908224132572_68790212_n.jpg

I know, right? Maybe it's time for a top of the flops thread starring Miss America.